Home

Rank the New elite Qb regime!

This is a discussion on Rank the New elite Qb regime! within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2009, 03:41 AM   #17
MVP

SpacemanSpiff's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Rank the New elite Qb regime!

This is how I see the "New Regime" shaking out:
Ben Roethlisberger
Eli Manning
Philip Rivers
Aaron Rodgers
Joe Flacco
Matt Stafford
Jay Cutler
Matt Ryan
Mark Sanchez

It's only my opinion and I probably can't be taken seriously on my thoughts on Stafford being a Lions fan but when people think of who had the best career at the end of their careers, I could see it being in that order. Roethlisberger has rings and the unique type of game that is gonna be memorable. Eli has a ring already in one of the most famous Super Bowl moments ever and his passing seems to be clicking finally. Rivers can really pass and he may put up the best numbers but without a ring I think he'll be regarded below the first two guys. The rest of the guys I don't have a strong inclination but I think Ryan was overrated after a great rookie season (after watching many of his college games), Cutler throws off his back foot too much trying to take too many chances IMO and while it's great sometimes, there will be games where it'll hurt his team more. Sanchez I'm not convinced is the real deal yet, Jets have been hiding his flaws. I'm high on Flacco's poise and arm and a fanboy for Stafford. So don't call me biased cause I'm openly admitting it.
NCAA: UNC
Old 10-08-2009, 10:05 AM   #18
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
So it seems that every 6-7 years there is a regime of elite qbs that enter and take over the league.

Int he 70s it was Staubach, Tarkington, Griese, Bradshaw and Stabler- All HOF

In the 80s it was Joe Montana, Boomer Easiason, Phill Simms, Bernie Kosar and a few others that were also...

In my teen years it was Marino, Kelley, Elway, Young, Aikman, Favre, Moon (possibly the best ever regime) all HOF

The current regime consists of Brady, P.Manning, McNabb, Brees (maybe you include Palmer, and recently retired McNair) At least 2 HOF here likely 3-4

So now it seems like we are looking at a new and surprising large regime of elite QBs coming in the league. The question I pose is who is/ends up being the best.

I think its safe to say that right now the top 3 are Rothlesburger, Manning, Rivers, though Rivers is probably the best QB the other two have rings. But they have a 5 year head start so, after them how do you see it playing out? My list:

1-Flacco- Not that he is the best, but im pretty sure he gets a ring before Ray Ray retires in the next 3-4 years.

2-Cutler- The most talented out of all of the young guns. What he is doing with the small mediocre receivers and an old beat up D in CHI is amazing.

3-Rodgers- Has he not been the best QB in the league since last year? Ok maybe not the best but maybe 3rd overall with a very young team and a lot of pressure.

4-Sanchez- He seems to have that It factor and his team is young and talented, it will be a joy watching him battle with the other great AFC qbs in the future

5-Matt Ryan- Likely the best overall QB from this new group aside of Rivers. With a few defensive pieces they could also be looking at a reign of dominance.

6-Stafford- He has shown a lot of flashes. Second in talent only to Cutler, if he werent on the lions look out.
I didn't know these guys achieved elite status yet. Guess I need to be filled in...

Since there's what? A combined 2 playoff wins here amongst these 6 QBs. My how people fall in love so fast.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:53 PM   #19
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
I didn't know these guys achieved elite status yet. Guess I need to be filled in...

Since there's what? A combined 2 playoff wins here amongst these 6 QBs. My how people fall in love so fast.
I think the point of the thread is to make predictions about the kids that HAVEN'T had a chance for much success yet.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:02 PM   #20
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

I think as soon as Mcnabb get ran out of town and Vick gets shipped.Kevin Kolb will step up an produce nicely.I dont know about elite but I think he is really,really,good.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:05 PM   #21
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
I think the point of the thread is to make predictions about the kids that HAVEN'T had a chance for much success yet.
...and that's all fine & dandy, but to state "elite" is just way over the top IMO.

It takes a lot more than that than just a nice win over the Patriots at home (Sanchez), a surprising rookie yr (Flacco/Ryan), breaking a 19-gm losing streak (Stafford), and nice numbers (Cutler/Rodgers)...to be considered "elite" IMO.

I don't even see how we can guage who's going to be the best based on a not even full season from Sanchez or Stafford.

If I had to pick one it'd be Cutler just because we've seen more of him, but that could all change in 2 yrs after Sanchez/Stafford/Flacco/Ryan are all acclimatized to the NFL.

Good intiative, bad judgement on the thread. Way too early to predict anything on these guys, and if you do it's only because you've fallen in love w/ some great play or nice run at the playoffs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2009, 03:27 PM   #22
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
...and that's all fine & dandy, but to state "elite" is just way over the top IMO.

It takes a lot more than that than just a nice win over the Patriots at home (Sanchez), a surprising rookie yr (Flacco/Ryan), breaking a 19-gm losing streak (Stafford), and nice numbers (Cutler/Rodgers)...to be considered "elite" IMO.

I don't even see how we can guage who's going to be the best based on a not even full season from Sanchez or Stafford.

If I had to pick one it'd be Cutler just because we've seen more of him, but that could all change in 2 yrs after Sanchez/Stafford/Flacco/Ryan are all acclimatized to the NFL.

Good intiative, bad judgement on the thread. Way too early to predict anything on these guys, and if you do it's only because you've fallen in love w/ some great play or nice run at the playoffs.
You can put Cutler first if you want. I don't think the op (or anyone) is really saying any of these guys are elite. They're projecting. It's no different than wondering if Tebow will be a good NFL QB (or an NFL QB at all). I don't think there's a problem with the intent of the thread. Notice, I didn't make any rankings... bc, like you, I can't really wrap my brain around who's better or who will be great at this point. But I don't see what's wrong with others doing it.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:00 PM   #23
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

1. Rodgers
2. Flacco
3. Ryan
4. Cutler
5. Stafford
6. Sanchez

I really think Rodgers is gonna end up being an NFL MVP in the next 2-5 seasons based on the way he's looked in the 2 or 3 games I've seen him play so far. He's damn good.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 10-08-2009, 04:40 PM   #24
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
1. Rodgers
2. Flacco
3. Ryan
4. Cutler
5. Stafford
6. Sanchez

I really think Rodgers is gonna end up being an NFL MVP in the next 2-5 seasons based on the way he's looked in the 2 or 3 games I've seen him play so far. He's damn good.
Including the MNF game?If they dont upgrade that Line Rodgers will be luck to finish the season in one piece.Sorry I couldnt resist.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »