Home

Braylon Edwards traded to the Jets

This is a discussion on Braylon Edwards traded to the Jets within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2009, 12:18 PM   #65
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Braylon Edwards traded to the Jets

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDROMADA 1
T.O.Drops passes and scores Tds=Hofer,Same for Steve smith(carolina)They are both Playmakers.This is more like the Moss deal...And Look where he ended up
Bull freaking crap dude. This is nothing like the Randy Moss deal.

This is a WR who cannot consistently catch a ball even when it hits him in the hands. Randy Moss showed production before he went to the Raiders, Braylon has shown one year of production, ironically the only year he consistently caught the ball too *although, by consistently, I of course mean caught it every other throw.*

Braylon Edwards is going to the Jets to be a decoy for Jericho, that's about it. Anyone who has watched Edwards since his Michigan days can tell you that he'll never be elite because he drops the easy or routine catch.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2009, 12:24 PM   #66
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDROMADA 1
T.O.Drops passes and scores Tds=Hofer,Same for Steve smith(carolina)They are both Playmakers.This is more like the Moss deal...And Look where he ended up
We knew Moss was good, though. In Minnesota, he was incredible. He really dogged it in Oakland, and got back to his talent level in New England.

We have no idea where the top level is on Braylon, because he's played in Cleveland. Is his talent level the 2007 season with 80 catches, 1289 yards and 16 TDs? Or is it 2006/2008 where he put up ~60 catches for ~875 yards and 3 TDs? (http://www.pro-football-reference.co...E/EdwaBr00.htm)

This year, through 4 games, he has 10 catches for 139 yards and no TDs. If we project that out for the rest of the season (humor me, here), he has 40 catches for 556 yards. IMO, that 2007 season seems like a fluke. The assumption that we can just multiply everything by 4 is a faulty one, of course, but it's not just about raw stats with Braylon.

In an article from Bucky Brooks in March, he states:

Quote:
Edwards' detractors point to his inconsistent hands, and rightly so. He has been among the league leaders in dropped passes the past three seasons. Another strike against him is his penchant for running the wrong routes and blowing assignments.
I can forgive drops, as long as he gets TDs. But to run wrong routes and blow assignments either means two things, and both are bad. 1) He doesn't understand the offense or his role in it. 2) He's been dogging it.

If it's 1, he won't be a viable option at all. If it's 2, we don't know his level of play.

He's a huge question mark. For the Jets to go out and get him, they have to believe that behind that question mark, he's a great player. The Browns have to hope that they can hit one out of four prospects to be a decent player.

The price is far too high for someone who is not proven.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 10-07-2009, 12:48 PM   #67
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Maybe a change of scenery is what Braylon needs. The guy has a ton of talent out the wazoo but it hasn't ever really worked out for him in Cleveland. Personally I hope he does well. (tho not TOO well)

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 10-07-2009, 01:23 PM   #68
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
Maybe LaBron just wanted Braylon to check out NYC for him before he moved out there?
LMAO I came in here just to say how ironic this trade was.

Braylon and Bron will meet up again next year so Braylon won't be playing for the Jets long.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:45 PM   #69
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

This is a win/win for both sides.

Edwards has been mediocre so far in the league except for the one season when the Browns were the anti-Browns, but without a better QB or better personel around him, I think he's merely average. He has great talent, but not great work ethic. Not only that, he's become such a pain in the neck off the field and would most likely have demanded a ridiculous contract and walked.

The Browns, of course, get 2 players & 2 picks, both of which they need. This will definitely help with the rebuilding process. Now if only they can trade Mangini BACK to New York.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:34 PM   #70
MVP

OVR: 34

Guess I wont be the only Jets user online in Madden '10 anymore.

all of a sudden, they have a dang good video game offense.

Honestly though? Blah.

Ive never been a Braylon Edwards fan.

He's always had suspect hands, he's soft, and I have never been a fan of the Looney-Toon Wide Reciver...but it is pretty much next to impossible to find one that is any good, who is also sane..so what the heck.

On a side note, how's Cleveland liking Mangini these days?

You guys down there about ready to drag that paranoid, manic compulsive, sociopath out of town with a noose yet?

Last edited by sportyguyfl31; 10-07-2009 at 02:36 PM.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:13 PM   #71
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
Guess I wont be the only Jets user online in Madden '10 anymore.

all of a sudden, they have a dang good video game offense.

Honestly though? Blah.

Ive never been a Braylon Edwards fan.

He's always had suspect hands, he's soft, and I have never been a fan of the Looney-Toon Wide Reciver...but it is pretty much next to impossible to find one that is any good, who is also sane..so what the heck.

On a side note, how's Cleveland liking Mangini these days?

You guys down there about ready to drag that paranoid, manic compulsive, sociopath out of town with a noose yet?
I'm divided on Mangini. I love the fact that he is getting rid of losers and cancers like Edwards and Winslow. I hate the fact that he is so paranoid about everything.

Right now, I'd say this Edwards trade got me back on his side, though.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2009, 03:25 PM   #72
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Loved Edwards at The U of M, loved him in Cleveland, still gonna love him. But for any Jets fans hollering division title and super bowl. Just remember for that one handed TD catch he makes burning two defenders, he's gonna drop that 5 and out on 4th and 4.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »