Home

Week 5: Sunday Night Football - IND @ TEN

This is a discussion on Week 5: Sunday Night Football - IND @ TEN within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2009, 12:24 AM   #65
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Week 5: Sunday Night Football - IND @ TEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewing
It can't be any worse with Vince than it was with Collins.

eh, with vince not on the field, your walking the fine line between hope and hopeless. With VY on the bench, you at least have a dude "to come in". If VY doesnt shake out, which we will find out here shortly, we will become hopeless really quickly.

As a Titans fan what do we have to look forward to? I mean if VY craps it, he obviously gone, along with half of our team are free agents. Even out of those who is really that attractive to have back? Nobod looks good or promising.

Its a possibility that the coaching staff gets blown up, I mean its looking like we are for 3 or 4 years with combined 6 or 7 wins, which is depressing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2009, 12:39 AM   #66
Banned

OVR: 8

Well colour me impressed. Totally not what I was expecting this game to play out like. The way it started was how I was expecting it to be.

Not much to complain about with indy other than a pitiful rushing performance, the OL, Ugoh and Jennings although Jennings did play decent in the 2nd half.

Great game by Manning yet again and it's a shame Reggie dropped that easy td pass which would have been TD #4. At least peyton got to 300 yards again. I think he may get 1 or two more 4 TD games this season so I won't be too greedy. heh.

This run game though...as much as I like watching Manning rack up these great games it isn't so much just them choosing to pass because they can (like 07 Pats) it is because they HAVE to pass. All I can say is I am thankful that pass game is clicking because if they were off then clearly they wouldn't be a 5-0 team with no run game.

The defense impressed me today and I actually am getting some faith that this may indeed be a championship quality defense. It is pretty cool they have done as well as have without bob all year then Hayden and Brackett for a few of the games.

I think this team may actually have the ability to go deep in the playoffs even without a run game (sine their passing game is changed up a bit and because of the better D compared to last year's no run game team) BUT I still hope they get the run game going by then. If they can get a good run game to go with what they have now then this team will be very tough to beat.

Kudos to Caldwell for preparing this team. Kudos to Collie for having a great game and each week he seems to be getting better which is exciting for a rookie. He truly may be the stokley replacement they have desired.

I am giddy for when gonzo comes back though I wonder what they will do. It is exciting to think the team has what appears to be 4 quality WRs then Dallas and Addai/Brown out of the backfield. That is one solid passing unit. Just imagine what it would be like if that OL actually gave great protection.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:45 AM   #67
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
As a Titans fan what do we have to look forward to? I mean if VY craps it, he obviously gone, along with half of our team are free agents. Even out of those who is really that attractive to have back? Nobod looks good or promising.

Its a possibility that the coaching staff gets blown up, I mean its looking like we are for 3 or 4 years with combined 6 or 7 wins, which is depressing.
Stewart, Roos, Johnson, Jones, Cook and Britt would still be around for a long while and I like watching teams rebuild. Think of all the cap room and draft picks the team will get from restricted free agents.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:51 AM   #68
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo
Well colour me impressed. Totally not what I was expecting this game to play out like. The way it started was how I was expecting it to be.

Not much to complain about with indy other than a pitiful rushing performance, the OL, Ugoh and Jennings although Jennings did play decent in the 2nd half.

Great game by Manning yet again and it's a shame Reggie dropped that easy td pass which would have been TD #4. At least peyton got to 300 yards again. I think he may get 1 or two more 4 TD games this season so I won't be too greedy. heh.

This run game though...as much as I like watching Manning rack up these great games it isn't so much just them choosing to pass because they can (like 07 Pats) it is because they HAVE to pass. All I can say is I am thankful that pass game is clicking because if they were off then clearly they wouldn't be a 5-0 team with no run game.

The defense impressed me today and I actually am getting some faith that this may indeed be a championship quality defense. It is pretty cool they have done as well as have without bob all year then Hayden and Brackett for a few of the games.

I think this team may actually have the ability to go deep in the playoffs even without a run game (sine their passing game is changed up a bit and because of the better D compared to last year's no run game team) BUT I still hope they get the run game going by then. If they can get a good run game to go with what they have now then this team will be very tough to beat.

Kudos to Caldwell for preparing this team. Kudos to Collie for having a great game and each week he seems to be getting better which is exciting for a rookie. He truly may be the stokley replacement they have desired.

I am giddy for when gonzo comes back though I wonder what they will do. It is exciting to think the team has what appears to be 4 quality WRs then Dallas and Addai/Brown out of the backfield. That is one solid passing unit. Just imagine what it would be like if that OL actually gave great protection.
Yea I was so pissed when Reggie dropped that TD. It was funny though, my dad and I were watching it and starting bitching at Reggie for dropping it... and then we realized that who really cares, we're up 22 points. lol. I guess that's a good sign that things are going well when you're whining about a meaningless dropped TD. Haha.

And yea I'm about as impressed with the Colts so far as I've ever been with any of our teams of the past. I expected us to decline a bit this year, but that's not the case. We've gotten a lot better. Peyton is playing lights out, better than I've ever seen him play. Our offense looks unstoppable at times. Our defense is playing well, getting pressure on the QB, and they've been doing a real good job stopping the run as of late. And we're 5-0. And to think that we're playing without some of our best players in Bob Sanders, Kelvin Hayden, Marlin Jackson, Gonzo, etc.... I can't wait to see how much better we are when we get healthy.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 10-12-2009, 04:21 AM   #69
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
eh, with vince not on the field, your walking the fine line between hope and hopeless. With VY on the bench, you at least have a dude "to come in". If VY doesnt shake out, which we will find out here shortly, we will become hopeless really quickly.

Falcons 2008 are the ultimate turn around team story. That 2007 season was an absolute disaster, and now look at them - an exciting young team with a new coach, with a franchise QB.

So what's there to look forward to, you ask? who knows. The NFL can turn teams around real fast (like, the Titans 2008 vs 2009). The Titans have as legitimate chance of becomming a powerhouse by 2011 as they do stringing together a few losing seasons. This time next year the Titans could be 5-0 with a rookie HC and a young new QB.

Last edited by Nza; 10-12-2009 at 04:23 AM.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:41 AM   #70
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

I'm sure Jerry is watching this closely and hoping the Titans absolutely implode.

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 10-12-2009, 09:19 AM   #71
MVP

Venom_2K's Arena

OVR: 7

I have a question, How bout them Colts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2009, 09:57 AM   #72
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewing
Stewart, Roos, Johnson, Jones, Cook and Britt would still be around for a long while and I like watching teams rebuild. Think of all the cap room and draft picks the team will get from restricted free agents.
Cook and Britt are unproven, Johnson is a running back and his superstar status is limited to a few years. Would feel differently if the Titans were the type of team to go out and get talent. Unfortunatley, as of late, they make bad draft picks and draft too many running backs and dont sign good free agents. We basically sign other peoples trash after they win a SB.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »