Home

Old 10-09-2009, 06:29 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Jake?

So then I guess you're saying Delhomme can't handle pressure? So basically he's a choker?
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 10-09-2009, 06:38 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 2

Jake Dellhomme isnt a choker, nor is he too old.

Hes been screwed by the media, and people who have no clue what they're talking about. (like a certain someone saying 35 years old is pretty much the age where QB's fail)

Like PanthersFan2010 said, look at his record before this season.

You dont 'lose it' over the course of 1 off-season.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:58 PM   #11
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersFan2010
Yet another uneducated wannabe football expert, or just another kid who surfs the internet, and agrees with everything said about a QB.

Jake Dellhome is one of the most winning undrafted Quarterbacks, in the NFL, under Tony Romo.

You honestly cant say that hes a terrible Quarterback like JAMARCUS RUSSEL.

Hes played 4 bad games in the past 20-30 games, and people are complaining.

I promise Jake will finish this year, and the next year, and very possibly the next year after that.

4 Games dont make a quarterback.
Yet another Homer who's been drinking the Carolina Kool-Aid, way too long so, he can't see rhyme nor reason, I actually really, really fell sorry for this poor child.

First off, I never stated anything about career performances, I'm strictly talking about this season, alone. Heck, I've always been a fan of Jake but, when you been playing for as long as he has, yo have to be embarrassed to have numbers that basically mirror Jamarcus Russel's.

So, your boy (given any unforeseen miracles) is done! Flat and simple, DONE! Jake has pretty much has ZERO upside at this point. Hell, if you can read, you may want to take a gander at this NFL season's stats. His QB rating is only better than Jamarcus's and Derek Anderson. And I'll go ahead and make a Joe Namath type guarantee that Anderson rating is going to be better than Jake's by Week 6.

Oh and by the way, this is the NFL and the NFL is a "what have you done for me lately" league. So, that nice new contract Jake signed at the beginning of the season means practically nothing because if we doesn't pick things up he will be CUT at season's end. Mark my words, son.

Oh and it's funny that you mention Tony Romo because he took another "over the hills" QB's job. I bring that up because Bledso's last year in Dallas is pretty comparable to your man crushs' (except Bledso had better numbers before he was benched). If only Carolina had a decent back-up then he would probably already be replaced. But, watch out A.J. Feely is on the rise and I'm going out on a limb and predicting him as the new starter come Week 8.

Lastly, I apprecate you calling me an "uneducated football wannabe" because I'm pretty sure I've forgot more about football than you'll ever know. And I would rather be a wannabe than a blind fanboy any day.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2009, 07:07 PM   #12
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Newbies get pink now?

BTW, Jake has sucked for much more than 4 games now, lol. I had him on my fantasy team just last year and watched his jeckle and hyde act all season. Just bc the team wins doesn't mean the QB played well. You can pull up any panthers game thread from last year to see proof of that. That would be panther fan analysis during game. If that's not good enough for you then... well, I think it's pretty clear that won't be good enough for you (or the other guy who just so happened to join and post in the same thread a matter of minutes later to back you up).
Old 10-09-2009, 07:33 PM   #13
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

He's not a bad or horrible QB, but he's not great/very good either.

I'd agree with OSU in the sense that he's an average QB, but that's not a bad thing either.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:50 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

LOL @ the OP making a second account to back himself up.. and then getting banned.

Back on topic, I agree with jeremy. If Delhomme doesn't step his game up, he's done in Carolina. And the Bledsoe comparison is spot on, basically the same situation. And just for the record, I've always liked Jake, but I've also never looked at him as a top tier QB..he's average IMO.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:24 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 0

I didnt make the account to back myself up, i got banned by some douchebag mod, who thinks IP-Banning does something, so I had to make a new account. I'd thought it'd be pretty obvious it was me, but, yeh. Honestly, I KNOW JAKE ISNT A TOP 5 QB, but in my opinion, hes still a top 10, top 15 QB in this league. He has another year or 2 left in him. (altough I agree that MONSTER contract he was awarded was completely un-needed, and simply stupid) I can pick out times in Brett Favre's career, in Tom Brady's Career, in Peyton Mannings career, where they had 4-6 game slumps as well. Im done posting here, getting to be a waste of time. In closing, JAKE IS A TOP 10-15 QUARTERBACK AT THIS TIME. BUT HES NOT, AND NEVER HAS BEEN, A PEYTON MANNING TYPE QB. SIMPLY BECAUSE WE'RE A RUN HEAVY OFFENSE.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2009, 10:03 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapistLol
In closing, JAKE IS A TOP 10-15 QUARTERBACK AT THIS TIME. BUT HES NOT, AND NEVER HAS BEEN, A PEYTON MANNING TYPE QB. SIMPLY BECAUSE WE'RE A RUN HEAVY OFFENSE.
Oh okay, so the reason Jake Delhomme isn't Peyton Manning is because Jake is in a run heavy offense. Alright, gotcha.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »