Home

I am so sick of these throwback uniforms.

This is a discussion on I am so sick of these throwback uniforms. within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2009, 02:07 PM   #57
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: I am so sick of these throwback uniforms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dophin26
I agree with the "it should be a one or two week thing" comment, but I do like them. I was heartbroken when the Pats switched to the flying head logo and uni. I'll take their throwbacks any day.

I wish the pink wasn't there for the breast cancer thing. I don't know anyone who helped the cause because of it. Why not save the money and just give the breast cancer society the money it cost to make that stuff instead?
Beat me to it on the money I see. But with that said, I definitely don't wish it wasn't there at all. The NFL reaches a HUGE audience of both men and women. Many of those people had no idea it was Breast Cancer Awareness month, had no reason to talk about it or maybe even feel a need to do something to help the cause. It's great that the NFL and anyone else would do something to bring notice to it. I think a little pin or ribbon wouldn't have been enough. But I agree they could've used a lot of the money that went to so many different things to go straight to the cause.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:07 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 7

I hate to be THAT guy, but you can throw all the money you can to try and find a cure for diseases but it will never happen. There is too much money out there to be made off of them.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:10 PM   #59
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecahl
I hate to be THAT guy, but you can throw all the money you can to try and find a cure for diseases but it will never happen. There is too much money out there to be made off of them.
I don't know what "guy" you're being but I can see why you may hate to be that guy. The fact that you don't realize how many cures have been found for diseases pretty much shows that they're doing a great job.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:10 PM   #60

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Showing support and supporting are two different things (as mentioned).

I have no inside knowledge but I'm willing to bet the NFL does both, and wearing the pink is a way to attempt to spread the support.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:12 PM   #61
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
My girl made a pretty good point about the breast cancer awareness stuff. The amount of money spent on all of the different things could've been given directly to a foundation and probably done more good. Not that they shouldn't do anything but they could've cut it in half or even to a third. Personally I don't mind it, or the throwbacks.
I agree with her. I would be fine with a simple pink ribbon and that's it. And no, it's not because I hate breast cancer awareness or anything. I mean, what is the point? To make people aware, right? One week of awareness and a healthy contribution from the NFL would have been fine, IMO.

And I'm fine with the throwbacks. Some of them are pretty bad, mainly just the Broncos. But, I'm fine with it because it's just a few games a season for one season. Oh and I think that the Bills, Raiders Patriots and Titans should just revert back to their old unis all together.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2009, 02:13 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
I don't know what "guy" you're being but I can see why you may hate to be that guy. The fact that you don't realize how many cures have been found for diseases pretty much shows that they're doing a great job.
I can't think of many major diseases that have been cured.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:20 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

It doesn't bother me, really...

Bolts, Jets, and Steelers are the coolest IMHO.

I was just taken-aback by this thread, sort of. I figured there were far more serious things going on in the world and in the NFL that are more questionable then a few uniforms being revived.

Last edited by AUChase; 10-12-2009 at 02:21 PM. Reason: I don't know how to spell... LOL
Old 10-12-2009, 02:36 PM   #64
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecahl
I can't think of many major diseases that have been cured.
You're probably pretty young (not using "young" = "immature" but actually young). There have been plenty of HUGE viruses and diseases that aren't an issue today, and others that certainly come up that are wiped out before we even have a chance to know about them if we go looking.

With that said, even if we go with your thought that these diseases can't be cured, should we then write off anyone who gets breast cancer? Should we let them die a quicker and painful death or treat them like outcasts bc of how they look after the general struggle, chemotherapy, etc? Should a woman feel like a complete outcast if she has to have a breast removed to survive? Or maybe everyone should be made more aware about the disease in hopes that society becomes more helpful and understanding.

After all, if it weren't for the breast cancer awareness efforts of the NFL, you probably would never even think or talk about it. This conversation may even make you interested enough to know more about it, if REAL efforts and strides have been made to come closer to a cure, etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »