Home

Is there really no way to remove Al?

This is a discussion on Is there really no way to remove Al? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2009, 01:20 PM   #9
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Is there really no way to remove Al?

Holy cow- more than 43,000 posts? That's more than 19 posts a day since you joined in 2003, including all holidays. You could have written a few novels by now...
Old 10-12-2009, 04:39 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
The NFL is not the government there's no way they can just boot him out as long as he's running the team and not actually breaking any laws.
I'm sure there are rules and guidelines that owners must abide by as a condition of ownership. They are responsible for representing "the shield" in an appropriate manner every bit as much as players are. That's why owners in professional sports are typically voted in by the collective group of owners. Al Davis, of course, is unique in that his involvment with the league pre-dates the Super Bowl era so he didn't come into the league in the same way as say....the Glazers. However, i'm sure he could be voted out just the same. Everything about his franchise is an embarrassment to the league at this point from the garbage product on the field to the head coach threatening to kill the assistant to the nutjob ghoul sitting at the top cackling like Cryptkeeper making all manner of horrible business decisions.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:50 PM   #11
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by dophin26
Holy cow- more than 43,000 posts? That's more than 19 posts a day since you joined in 2003, including all holidays. You could have written a few novels by now...
What can I say, this place is crack cocaine to me.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2009, 12:58 AM   #12
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
I'm sure there are rules and guidelines that owners must abide by as a condition of ownership. They are responsible for representing "the shield" in an appropriate manner every bit as much as players are. That's why owners in professional sports are typically voted in by the collective group of owners. Al Davis, of course, is unique in that his involvment with the league pre-dates the Super Bowl era so he didn't come into the league in the same way as say....the Glazers. However, i'm sure he could be voted out just the same. Everything about his franchise is an embarrassment to the league at this point from the garbage product on the field to the head coach threatening to kill the assistant to the nutjob ghoul sitting at the top cackling like Cryptkeeper making all manner of horrible business decisions.
lol, a few months ago, I would have fired back after reading this, but, right now, I can't do nothing but agree with you about everything you just said. It's sad, I know.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »