Home

Is there really no way to remove Al?

This is a discussion on Is there really no way to remove Al? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2009, 08:06 PM   #1
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32
Is there really no way to remove Al?

First let me start off by saying that I have been a die hard Raiders fan for a long long time, even to the point of presumed delirium at times, and I will continue to be one. That will never change. Having said that, I am fed up with things getting done Al's way all the time. No surprise that the last time we were successful they were NOT done Al's way. We have had probably the 2 worst offensive teams in this millenium. The Art Shell coached team and this years team. It was all done Al's way. Well, Al is about 237 yrs old and it's showing with his decisions across the board. Baseball forced Marge Schott out, why can't they do the same in the NFL. The product on the field is an embarassment and it's certainly giving the NFL a bad image. Imagine if the first NFL game you ever saw was a Raiders game from the last few years. ugh So, just like the title asks, Is there really no way to remove Al? I'm being dead serious here. Are there no avenues that can be taken to get this done. I know I'm not the only one that feels this way. I just want to know if it's actually possible. If so, why isn't it being done now? It seems to me like someone, in a position of power with the organization or the NFL, would say something has to be done about Al. Nobody ever says anything though. I don't want Al to die as some have suggested. I just want him to sell the team or give up ownership or something. If he refuses to do either of that......well then he can die.

Also, please, I know we suck now. There's no need for 30 posts saying that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2009, 08:21 PM   #2
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Is there really no way to remove Al?

What are they going to do, have a military coup?
Old 10-11-2009, 08:35 PM   #3
My Head Hurts

jnofx's Arena

OVR: 11

If Al died, and the Raiders won, they would say it was because the Spirit of Al Davis was with them.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:42 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
Also, please, I know we suck now. There's no need for 30 posts saying that.
I'm pretty sure my infraction for saying as much in August should be retracted at this point.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:57 PM   #5
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Even if Al gave up the team, the lack of talent, the ridiculously bad drafts, the draft picks they've recently traded away, and the mess that is the front office, will take them years to recover from.

This team will not be good until the next decade at the earliest.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2009, 09:06 PM   #6
Rookie

burnstuff's Arena

OVR: 7

For the last 12 games I've quite liked Al Davis.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:17 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 17

I'm sure there are NFL ownership bylaws that could be used to force him out. It's just a very heavy thing to do and it would be tied up in the courts for some time. The NFL probably figures Davis would die of old age before any type of resolution on that front would happen. They're just waiting for him to die. Should be any day now............especially watching that team and facing the realization every Sunday that the product on the field is a result of his decisions. That's the thing about how he's chosen to run the team, he can't blame anybody but himself. He has to know it.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:20 PM   #8
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
I'm sure there are NFL ownership bylaws that could be used to force him out. It's just a very heavy thing to do and it would be tied up in the courts for some time. The NFL probably figures Davis would die of old age before any type of resolution on that front would happen. They're just waiting for him to die. Should be any day now............especially watching that team and facing the realization every Sunday that the product on the field is a result of his decisions. That's the thing about how he's chosen to run the team, he can't blame anybody but himself. He has to know it.
The NFL is not the government there's no way they can just boot him out as long as he's running the team and not actually breaking any laws.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »