Home

Where is the outrage over Tom Cable??

This is a discussion on Where is the outrage over Tom Cable?? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2009, 01:05 PM   #57
Wolverine Soldier

Jackdog's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Where is the outrage over Tom Cable??

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I don't think the Spree thing was caught on tape was it? Marks around PJs neck were though.
I think your right. My bad.
NCAA:Michigan Wolverines.
F-1: Ferrari.

It's been a while OS. Hope all are doing well!
Old 10-14-2009, 01:12 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I don't think the Spree thing was caught on tape was it? Marks around PJs neck were though.
Spree wasn't caught on tape. If so, I never watched the tape.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:50 PM   #59
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
I don't know. Have you done your due diligence to research what WAS IN the media during the Spree incident?

Maybe Dec. 7th, 1997 was a slow day for sports media and headline news in general.

Maybe this was the most sensational topic in, for all intents and purposes, a mundane sportsworld in '97.

Well then it's obvious that in a more mass media age, and an otherwise slow day in sports media circa 1997 that Spreewell's choking incident garnered more attention.
I'm not entertaining silly rebuttals & flimsy excuses. I'm more than willing to debate an issue, or else I wouldn't bring the topic up. But the above is just someone trying to win an argument. I'm not gullible enough to get sucked into an obvious attempt @ distorting the discussion.

Quote:
When was I talking about courts, "code of conduct", etc. I was just making the distinction between choking someone and punching someone.

If there are two stories about violence and one describes a gruesome killing and the other an assualt leaving the victim dead what's going to garner more attention -or- be the one clicked on first? The more "gruesome" act of violence. Choking someone, being restrained, and then trying to do it again is a more 'sensational' story than a coach punching another coach.
So choking is national headline news, punching is "who cares?". That doesn't fly.

Quote:
Did I say that? No. That's your interpretation of what I posted. I was putting these two incidents in different contexts given the sensationalism of them. For me, I know that I'm going to more apprised to follow a story about a PLAYER choking his coach, rather than a coach punching another coach.

That's what we have here, but I applaud you for your efforts...whatever they are.
The main question is, "where is the outrage?". Not "where is the attention?". I can't remember if the sports media were all up in arms about Spree first, & the fans followed suit. Or visa versa. But either way, there was considerable ranting & raving involved.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Old 10-14-2009, 08:05 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
Personally, I lol'd when I heard the report a couple weeks ago. Only the Raiders....
Yep.

It's more of an "LOL Raiders"/comic relief story than one of outrage.

The guy will lose his job soon anyways.

Old 10-14-2009, 11:09 PM   #61
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olson-for-Heisman

The guy will lose his job soon anyways.
As all Raiders coaches do around this time of the year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2009, 10:23 AM   #62
Chaos Theory

19's Arena

OVR: 29

Outside the Lines and SC this morning are talking about this clown. Interviewing his ex-wifes, and lets just say he apparently likes to smack women around. Another great hire by Al Davis.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:51 AM   #63
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majoniak
Outside the Lines and SC this morning are talking about this clown. Interviewing his ex-wifes, and lets just say he apparently likes to smack women around. Another great hire by Al Davis.

funny that they bring it up NOW instead of years ago when it happened...sounds like they're just trying to get some money.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:52 AM   #64
Train Nsane or remainsame

Feared's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majoniak
I just saw this. The guy has a history of beating women.. He punched his former Wife in the jaw full force, and assaulted one his later girlfriends. The guy is just a piece of dirt, and I wouldn't put it past him that he has physically went after one of his work assistants despite what the ruling was.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »