Home

Week 6:Kansas Chiefs @ Washingon Redskins

This is a discussion on Week 6:Kansas Chiefs @ Washingon Redskins within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2009, 01:40 PM   #97
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Week 6:Kansas Chiefs @ Washingon Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
I'm sorry but when the Ravens won their Superbowl their offense was worser then the Skins.. But their defense dominated oppoents despite being on the field alot. The Redskins has played the easiest schedule in the history of football and defense didn't dominate..
1)Worser isn't a word.

2)I actually like the Skins but need to correct these statements about the 2000 Ravens. First, as mentioned, the 2000 Ravens scored and put the offense in scoring position. The red zone offense had problems but they also moved the ball. In 13 starts, Jamal Lewis had 1,600 yards. The offense was led by future HOF TE Shannon Sharpe who had over 800 yards. Jermaine Lewis was probably the best returner in the league and Stover one of the best kickers in the league.

Yes, the defense was dominant but all parts of the team played their role. The offense was built to minimize turnovers and keep the clock running bc the D and special teams were so good that the team could get field position and win. Honestly, the offense could've been better if it was the focus, but better probably wouldn't have led to as much success in the win column. There was a method to the "madness"... the Skins offense is just a mess with no parts to lean on.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:57 PM   #98
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
1)Worser isn't a word.

2)I actually like the Skins but need to correct these statements about the 2000 Ravens. First, as mentioned, the 2000 Ravens scored and put the offense in scoring position. The red zone offense had problems but they also moved the ball. In 13 starts, Jamal Lewis had 1,600 yards. The offense was led by future HOF TE Shannon Sharpe who had over 800 yards. Jermaine Lewis was probably the best returner in the league and Stover one of the best kickers in the league.

Yes, the defense was dominant but all parts of the team played their role. The offense was built to minimize turnovers and keep the clock running bc the D and special teams were so good that the team could get field position and win. Honestly, the offense could've been better if it was the focus, but better probably wouldn't have led to as much success in the win column. There was a method to the "madness"... the Skins offense is just a mess with no parts to lean on.
QFT.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:59 PM   #99
MVP

colkilla's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Funny you mention RedZone. I told my GF that if this skins keep playing this bad, I'm gonna have to spent the $8 a month on it, or go back to watch at the bar with Direct Ticket.
do it either way man, it is worth it. when i know i won't be around i tivo the channel for the entire afternoon and then sift through the highlights at my own pace later. it is great and comcast is going to have it in HD late nov/early dec. it sucked man, yesterday everytime i got sick of the 'skins display i'd turn it and they'd be on the skins game on the RZ channel. couldn't win for losing, so to speak...
Old 10-19-2009, 02:44 PM   #100
N.W.O. - NO WR OPEN

Checmate101's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
I'm sorry but when the Ravens won their Superbowl their offense was worser then the Skins.. But their defense dominated oppoents despite being on the field alot. The Redskins has played the easiest schedule in the history of football and defense didn't dominate..

Our defense have been top notch for some time now..Only thing I'm worried about on defense is the way the CB's play. Rogers looking like he's ready to bolt out of here. He was so much better last year. If we had a little of an offense who could atleast give us 16 or 20 points. Know telling where we be
Uconn Huskies
Miami Hurricanes
Old 10-19-2009, 04:56 PM   #101
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
1)Worser isn't a word.

Okay,, This Redskins defense don't put there offense in any good position by cause turnovers. They don't get off the field third downs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2009, 07:53 PM   #102
MVP

colkilla's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Okay,, This Redskins defense don't put there offense in any good position by cause turnovers. They don't get off the field third downs.
maybe not every week, but last week (carolina) the defense gave them the ball at the 1 and the 13 and those were the only 2 td's the offense could muster. just saying...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »