Home

Anybody watching the UFL game NOW..

This is a discussion on Anybody watching the UFL game NOW.. within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2009, 10:31 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Anybody watching the UFL game NOW..

Lol I was watching PTI earlier today and they were debating whether the Tuskers could beat the Bucs or not. That's quite silly to be honest. The players in the UFL couldn't even make an NFL team so why in the hell would they be able to beat a real NFL team? I mean freaking JP Losman is the UFL's best player. I would enjoy to see the Tuskers play the Bucs, but I don't see any way the Tuskers would win.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2009, 01:38 AM   #26
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
Lol I was watching PTI earlier today and they were debating whether the Tuskers could beat the Bucs or not. That's quite silly to be honest. The players in the UFL couldn't even make an NFL team so why in the hell would they be able to beat a real NFL team? I mean freaking JP Losman is the UFL's best player. I would enjoy to see the Tuskers play the Bucs, but I don't see any way the Tuskers would win.
Not that I disagree with you, but there is more than just talent involved in deciding which team wins. Coaching and chemistry certainly have big parts in it.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:42 AM   #27
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

I'm not going to lie, I've very much enjoyed watching the UFL games. Sure the "names" aren't there but what I really enjoy seeing is great football fundamentals. Guys are being coached to play with technique, form & fundatmentals which allows for a very clean game. You aren't seeing a lot of shoulder or arm tackles out there, you're seeing wrap ups and such.

Another aspect I like is that the UFL isn't trying to jam "names" down our throat. You can only hear, "Favre's having fun", "Ochocinco is dancing again", "TO causing drama," "Brady is an excellent competitor", "Ray Lewis makes another [phantom] tackle", blah blah blah before it becomes super-repetitive. Stop hyping the players & hype the game and this is what the UFL has done.
Old 10-31-2009, 06:49 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
Brooks Bollinger is the best QB by far... not sure that's saying much, but... and then tied for second best player might be Odell Thurman or Taye Biddle. But right now, Bollinger is definitely got the track on the MVP award. He's been phenomenal.

Last edited by TheWatcher; 10-31-2009 at 08:37 PM.
Old 10-31-2009, 06:54 PM   #29
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
I'm not going to lie, I've very much enjoyed watching the UFL games. Sure the "names" aren't there but what I really enjoy seeing is great football fundamentals. Guys are being coached to play with technique, form & fundatmentals which allows for a very clean game. You aren't seeing a lot of shoulder or arm tackles out there, you're seeing wrap ups and such.

Another aspect I like is that the UFL isn't trying to jam "names" down our throat. You can only hear, "Favre's having fun", "Ochocinco is dancing again", "TO causing drama," "Brady is an excellent competitor", "Ray Lewis makes another [phantom] tackle", blah blah blah before it becomes super-repetitive. Stop hyping the players & hype the game and this is what the UFL has done.
I like the attitude and direction of the league, and the quality of play is far beyond what I expected. Last night's game is the perfect example.

I think the NFL is really going to use this as one more reason to cut down or can preseason games. They'd have to figure that if the UFL players can play this well without a preseason, then surely the NFL could do just fine as well.

I just wish the UFL had gotten some better direction on team branding. The logos and names (except for the Sentinels name which I like) are their only big mistakes.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:20 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
I think the NFL is really going to use this as one more reason to cut down or can preseason games. They'd have to figure that if the UFL players can play this well without a preseason, then surely the NFL could do just fine as well.
As soon as the NFL can give up the money that those preseason games make then they will do it.

The UFL is being smart. Perhaps this could evolve into a minor league of sorts.
Old 11-01-2009, 12:25 AM   #31
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
Brooks Bollinger is the best QB by far... not sure that's saying much, but... and then tied for second best player might be Odell Thurman or Taye Biddle. But right now, Bollinger is definitely got the track on the MVP award. He's been phenomenal.
Ohh.. nevermind then. I haven't watched the UFL much, just heard about it. And they were talking about Losman being the best player in the UFL on PTI..
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2009, 09:16 AM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Locke
As soon as the NFL can give up the money that those preseason games make then they will do it.

The UFL is being smart. Perhaps this could evolve into a minor league of sorts.
I think they'll just wind up doing what they've been talking about doing for the last few years, which is to cut the preseason down or eliminate it and increase the number of games in the regular season. I think an 18 game regular season is inevitable at this point, as it seems like every time Goddell is on camera he's being asked about it (like last week at the game in London), and he always says that he's in favor of it.

I think the UFL is already a minor league considering the level of play. A lot of these guys could still play in the NFL, most of them wouldn't be impact players but, some guys could and will get some spots when the UFL season is over. I think the league has to shoot to become a triple-A league and build from there. Right now, they have a pretty solid foundation.

Last edited by TheWatcher; 11-01-2009 at 12:11 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »