Home

Jags put Quentin Groves on the block. Potentially Sims-Walker, too

This is a discussion on Jags put Quentin Groves on the block. Potentially Sims-Walker, too within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2009, 04:04 AM   #1
MVP

Tiko7523's Arena

OVR: 14
Jags put Quentin Groves on the block. Potentially Sims-Walker, too

Groves is available, Sims-Walker could be

Posted by Mike Florio on October 18, 2009 2:00 AM ET
Two Jacksonville players who got in hot water last week could possibly be former Jacksonville players by 4:00 p.m. ET Tuesday.

For starters, it's common knowledge in league circles that the Jacksonville Jaguars are shopping Quentin Groves.

Groves, a second-round pick in 2008 as a defensive end, has been moved this year to linebacker. On the team's current depth chart, Groves is listed as a third-stringer.

Groves was involved in an automobile accident on the way to the airport last week for the team flight to Seattle. He missed the plane because of it.

There also are rumblings that receiver Mike Sims-Walker could be available, too.

Sims-Walker is regarded as an up-and-comer. A third-round pick in 2007, he flashed promise in 2008 with a 107-yard game. But injuries then limited his effectiveness the rest of the season.

This year, he has generated 278 receiving yards and three scores in three starts. But his surprise deactivation last week might have landed him in a doghouse from which he'll have a hard time emerging.

The Ravens and Dolphins are widely believed to be looking for help at receiver. It's unknown whether either team has spoken to the Jags about Sims-Walker.

It could be that the Jags are willing to move him if someone will pay a premium based on his perceived potential. It's also possible that the Jaguars are trying to ensure that Sims-Walker has gotten the message regarding his "violation of team itinerary," which reportedly was fancy talk for hooking up.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...lker-could-be/

i thought sims walker was doing really good for the jags why would they wanna trade him?

PSN gamertag Tiko7523
Xbox Live Tag: Tiko7523
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2009, 01:15 PM   #2
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Jags put Quentin Groves on the block and Sims-walker could be alsoGroves is avail

We'd trade our best receiver? Gah.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 10-18-2009, 03:07 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: Jags put Quentin Groves on the block and Sims-walker could be alsoGroves is avail

If you seriously trade Sims Walker for not being at a bed check the Jags deserve to be awful.

I dont even understand how a bed check could even be enforced for adults.
Old 10-18-2009, 03:46 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by The C
If you seriously trade Sims Walker for not being at a bed check the Jags deserve to be awful.

I dont even understand how a bed check could even be enforced for adults.
Is that all it was? I couldn't find info anywhere. If so, then I agree with you, and the Jags deserve to be awful.
Old 10-18-2009, 03:49 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKE4742
Is that all it was? I couldn't find info anywhere. If so, then I agree with you, and the Jags deserve to be awful.
I guess Sims-Walker was off somewhere having sex and missed bed check. So Del Rio deactivated him from the last game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2009, 06:00 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Check the source first. They might be seeing what they could get for them, like hey, want to give us a #1? No truth the rumors though that they are trying to trade them. Groves might be on the outs, although he played a lot more today, but no one is going to give up anything.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »