Home

What should the NFL do to Dante Wesley

This is a discussion on What should the NFL do to Dante Wesley within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2009, 09:27 PM   #9
DW3
MVP

DW3's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: What should the NFL do to Dante Wesley

Wow. this should be a multi-game suspension imo. very uncalled for
Old 10-18-2009, 09:27 PM   #10
Lurker

bjf1377's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC State-31 UNC-27
It was a mistake, not a cheap shot.

He really didn't even hit him that hard. It's perfectly clear that he was slowing down before he hit him. Looks to me like he was going to attempt to go to the right of him, realized his momentum was going to carry him into the receiver anyway, and then jumped to half attempt to get by him, half hit him just because he was there and might get the ball soon.

Ray Lewis' hit on OchoCinco last week was much worse. And the other defenseless receiver penalty last week which I can't remember.

And to me it looked like the receiver was doing a bit of acting. I'm not saying he doesn't have a concussion, but I have a hard time believing THAT hit really hurt the guy.

I was watching live and didn't think he should be thrown out. I'm probably in the minority, but to me it just really looks like by the way he slowed down and his leg movement after he hit him tells me he only half wanted to hit the guy.
Watch the video again, watch how he lowers his shoulder to apply the hit, and then come back and say it was an accident. It was a scumbag hit, plain and simple
Old 10-18-2009, 09:30 PM   #11
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

Mistake or not, the dude is probably going to get at least one game off. The hit was vicious and I don't really see how he could have made the mistake of thinking Talib already had the ball.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2009, 09:34 PM   #12
My Head Hurts

jnofx's Arena

OVR: 11

2 games and a hefty fine...
Old 10-18-2009, 09:46 PM   #13
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC State-31 UNC-27
It was a mistake, not a cheap shot.

He really didn't even hit him that hard. It's perfectly clear that he was slowing down before he hit him. Looks to me like he was going to attempt to go to the right of him, realized his momentum was going to carry him into the receiver anyway, and then jumped to half attempt to get by him, half hit him just because he was there and might get the ball soon.

Ray Lewis' hit on OchoCinco last week was much worse. And the other defenseless receiver penalty last week which I can't remember.

And to me it looked like the receiver was doing a bit of acting. I'm not saying he doesn't have a concussion, but I have a hard time believing THAT hit really hurt the guy.

I was watching live and didn't think he should be thrown out. I'm probably in the minority, but to me it just really looks like by the way he slowed down and his leg movement after he hit him tells me he only half wanted to hit the guy.
...He was coming in from the left, he could have easily just gone around him instead of charging straight at him, twisting to the right, diving and lowering his shoulder on him.

There is zero chance that he was trying to avoid him by diving to his right. That's like the worst excuse I've ever heard. He stutter stepped so that he could just tee off on Clifton and then lowered his shoulder on him.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 10-18-2009, 09:53 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

ban him for life... scum as far as im concerned
Old 10-18-2009, 09:54 PM   #15
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34

That was a vicious looking hit and it was made all the worse looking by the fact that he left his feet to deliver it. Though I have to wonder why Smith was still attempting to catch the ball with a defender that close. It didn't even look like he attempted to signal fair catch. He probably should have just let the ball go and not tried to make a play on it. At any rate, Wesley will probably get a hefty fine and a 1 or 2 game suspension.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2009, 09:59 PM   #16
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurghFan81
That was a vicious looking hit and it was made all the worse looking by the fact that he left his feet to deliver it. Though I have to wonder why Smith was still attempting to catch the ball with a defender that close. It didn't even look like he attempted to signal fair catch. He probably should have just let the ball go and not tried to make a play on it. At any rate, Wesley will probably get a hefty fine and a 1 or 2 game suspension.
Not sure if this was teh case, but it looked like the ball hit the ground like way behind him, so I was wondering if maybe he was faking like he was gonna catch the ball like a lot of returners do to try to mess the opponents up. I don't know, but man, he got destroyed.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »