Home

What should the NFL do to Dante Wesley

This is a discussion on What should the NFL do to Dante Wesley within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2009, 10:15 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: What should the NFL do to Dante Wesley

you guys need a lesson in physics if you can't tell that he A) slowed down and B) hit him with his shoulder but didn't put all his weight/muscle into the hit

if he's such a scumbag why didn't he just barrel into him at full speed dead on? Why did he slow down, hit him with his shoulder/upper arm, and run to the SIDE of him?

mistakes are bound to be made in games like this. theres a clear line IMO between a mistake and a dirty act and Wesley's action and reaction is CLEARLY on the mistake side of the line IMO
Old 10-18-2009, 10:19 PM   #18
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC State-31 UNC-27
you guys need a lesson in physics if you can't tell that he A) slowed down and B) hit him with his shoulder but didn't put all his weight/muscle into the hit

if he's such a scumbag why didn't he just barrel into him at full speed dead on? Why did he slow down, hit him with his shoulder/upper arm, and run to the SIDE of him?
A) He didn't slow down. He stutter-stepped so that he could plant his feet and drive into Clifton Smith, and perhaps he was hoping by stuttering a little, the ball might come close enough to Clifton that a penalty wouldn't be called.

B) He DID put his weight into the hit. He left the ground to pummel Clifton.

And as far as the "run to the SIDE of him" part, if he had intended to go around him, he could have easily gone around Clifton to the left. Instead, he lowered his shoulder and drove through Clifton. It was a complete cheap shot, and if Wesley was really dumb enough to not realize that he could simply go around him, he probably never received any sort of an education.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 10-18-2009, 10:22 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:

mistakes are bound to be made in games like this. theres a clear line IMO between a mistake and a dirty act and Wesley's action and reaction is CLEARLY on the mistake side of the line IMO
Clearly??? Come on, man. If he slowed up, it was only because he wanted the hit to be more accurate.

He should sit down a game. And I'm a believer that when you injure a guy w/a deliberate illegal hit, you should sit out as long as the injured player is out.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Old 10-18-2009, 10:23 PM   #20
We'll waste him too.

snepp's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:

It's called delusion, and you're CLEARLY suffering from it.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:30 PM   #21
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:

Lol, the only guy defending this moron is... you guessed it... someone from North Carolina. Go figure.

Fine his *** and sit him out the entire season as far as I'm concerned. Completely uncalled for and dangerous.

Stop being a homer and open your eyes, it's embarassing.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2009, 10:38 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 17

I simply think Wesley was running full speed towards the defender coming from the left side, realized at the last second he wasn't going to catch the ball before he ran head into him, though he might be able to avoid him to the right, realized he couldn't, slowed as much as he could and gave him a hit in hopes the ball came down.

If he was really a scum bag that deserved to be banned for life, he could have laid the guy out baaad.

Watch the replay that starts at 2:42....first of all, the receiver is running towards Wesley and Wesley is running towards the receiver. I think this replay clearly shows Wesley slowing down, and I think his jump is an attempt to slow down as well. Half slow down/half hit because hes a football player. I think Wesley looked up when it was basically too late. The way Wesley's body is contorted in the air says to me "aw f*** i'm about to his this dude." He hits him with his side practically and that to me tells me that he was trying to twist his body out of the way....at least partially.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:38 PM   #23

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
Lol, the only guy defending this moron is... you guessed it... someone from North Carolina. Go figure.

Fine his *** and sit him out the entire season as far as I'm concerned. Completely uncalled for and dangerous.

Stop being a homer and open your eyes, it's embarassing.
Im a guy from NC (***** ) and I say suspend him, fine him, cut him. Panthers aren't about that. That was classless.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:43 PM   #24
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
I simply think Wesley was running full speed towards the defender coming from the left side, realized at the last second he wasn't going to catch the ball before he ran head into him, though he might be able to avoid him to the right, realized he couldn't, slowed as much as he could and gave him a hit in hopes the ball came down.

If he was really a scum bag that deserved to be banned for life, he could have laid the guy out baaad.

Watch the replay that starts at 2:42....first of all, the receiver is running towards Wesley and Wesley is running towards the receiver. I think this replay clearly shows Wesley slowing down, and I think his jump is an attempt to slow down as well. Half slow down/half hit because hes a football player. I think Wesley looked up when it was basically too late. The way Wesley's body is contorted in the air says to me "aw f*** i'm about to his this dude." He hits him with his side practically and that to me tells me that he was trying to twist his body out of the way....at least partially.
He twisted the wrong way. If he twisted other way, he could have avoided lighting Clifton up, but instead, he "twisted" and lowered his shoulder into Clifton. He either made a horribly dirty play, or he's too dumb and it puts other players at risk due to his lack of intelligence.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »