Home

What should the NFL do to Dante Wesley

This is a discussion on What should the NFL do to Dante Wesley within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2009, 11:27 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: What should the NFL do to Dante Wesley

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0nnD0ugh
I don't need to explain the truth
Then if you don't feel the need to explain the truth, don't resort to a form of name calling because it's degrading to others and makes you look like a complete loon.

Quote:
Unless you feel no one should ever get tossed, period, the only explanation is that you are a homer who'll never see your favorite players do wrong.
That's a nice opinion, unfortunately not everyone shares that same opinion. There is more than one way to see anything, and yours isn't correct by default.

Quote:
And I'm not the only one who called him a homer in this thread.
Maybe not, but you seem to enjoy using it the most.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2009, 11:33 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatnik
Then if you don't feel the need to explain the truth, don't resort to a form of name calling because it's degrading to others and makes you look like a complete loon.

That's a nice opinion, unfortunately not everyone shares that same opinion. There is more than one way to see anything, and yours isn't correct by default.

Maybe not, but you seem to enjoy using it the most.
Its not name calling. If it was, I'd apologize. It's an adjective.

It's clear cut. Making like its just a difference of opinion is just seeking justification for being completely wrong. What would Wesley have to have done extra for him to warrant suspension?
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Old 10-18-2009, 11:36 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

It's clear cut. Making like its just a difference of opinion is just seeking justification for being completely wrong. What would Wesley have to have done extra for him to warrant suspension?
You're missing my point, and trying to flip what I'm saying about your actions and trying to use it on me. Thinking there is one right way to do this is so hypocritical. Since I'm completely wrong here I am going to go ahead and step back from this as I feel I am wasting my time, because apparently you still can't let someone have their opinion.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:40 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 31

Hardly the worst hit I have seen in the NFL.

He got penalized, kicked out of the game. I don't really see why anymore action should be taken by the NFL. Now Carolina might want to do something....

Special teams is brutal nowadays. Hardest part of the game.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:41 PM   #45
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:

No need to apologize for being right, IMO.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2009, 11:41 PM   #46
Pro

ThaShark28_316's Arena

OVR: 10

Dante Wesley, you a bitch.
Horns FBall
Horns BBall
Stars
Old 10-18-2009, 11:44 PM   #47
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC State-31 UNC-27
Listen, pal.

I said it's AS MUCH A GLANCING BLOW AS IT IS A HEAD TO HEAD HIT. It's certainly not a head to head hit.

It's not a scum hit and it's not a good hit. To me, it's an illegal hit with no intent to hurt the guy.

I know you understand that, so please no smart comments needed.

I think if there was a clear intent to hurt the guy, or if he went helmet to helmet, at full speed....then a long suspension would be in order. I do not think that is the case here. So I guess if people want to argue the intent of the hit, just put one of these () in a post quoting mine.

and since I'm not going to check this thread anymore, who freaking cares anyway. It's somewhere in between a dirty and an illegal hit. There is no point in arguing. I see it from the side that he let up, got his helmet out of the way, and made a mistake.

Dude, your blinded by your Panther Kool-Aid-colored glasses. I bet you would be singing an entirely different tune if that was Steve Smith on the other side of that hit.

Just Sayin'

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 10-18-2009, 11:45 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27
Lightbulb Re: What should the NFL do to Dante Wesley

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatnik
You're missing my point, and trying to flip what I'm saying about your actions and trying to use it on me. Thinking there is one right way to do this is so hypocritical. Since I'm completely wrong here I am going to go ahead and step back from this as I feel I am wasting my time, because apparently you still can't let someone have their opinion.
I love other people's reasonable opinions. Emphasis: reasonable. I wouldn't be on an interent forum if I didn't like reading other people's take.

I didn't twist a thing. It was a legit question: What would it take, beyond what we saw on tape, for Wesley to have earned a suspension? A karate kick to the groin? Going directly to his facemask? I'm grasping @ straws here. I can't see how any video could be more clear cut as to his intent.

Its not reasonable to look @ what happened, be a knowledgable NFL fan, & conclude Wesley's actions don't warrant a suspension.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »