Home

Brady was disgusting......

This is a discussion on Brady was disgusting...... within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2009, 10:10 AM   #9
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Brady was disgusting......

1. This issue is pretty much a non-issue. About 3 people including yourself got all uptight about it.

2. It's only 11 pages long if you set your thread views to 40 posts per page.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:11 AM   #10
DW3
MVP

DW3's Arena

OVR: 23

Theres no crying in football. This is not Pop Warner. These are grown men. If they wanted to do something about it they could have.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:12 AM   #11
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

There's a fine line between continuing to play to win and taking devilish glee in beating a team to a pulp. Man i'm glad the '76 Bucs don't play these days because knowing this Pats team the score would be 100-0 and they'd all be laughing and grinning like little cheshire cats about it.

The Patriots are a reflection of their coach. They're a team with little class, tons of arrogance and who are very ugly winners and losers. You know, the kind of guy/team that rubs it in other people's faces because they've killed you and who whine and cry and shrink from the media when they've been beaten.

Tom Brady is unquestionably the greatest QB of his generation and probably of all time but over the last few years i've seen a very ugly side to him. He's a petulant child who stomps his feet around and yells at everybody when things are going bad but no one really comments about it. The apologists will say that he plays with fire and grit but i've seen many great QBs who don't carry on like babies when things are tougher then they expect.

I respect what the Pats have done in their history since Bellichick has come there but the method of doing what they've done has left a very sour taste in my mouth and that's something I can't cozy up to or respect.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2009, 10:13 AM   #12
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

Agreed 100%! Very good post there. Couldn't agree more.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:17 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27

I believe in teams running their offense. But you should take your key stars out. I don't think its fair to have your subs worked full tilt in practice, & then tell them to pull up once on the field. But you are running up the score if you continue to throw w/your best people in there. Its unsportsmanlike.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Old 10-19-2009, 10:29 AM   #14
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsTop
1. This issue is pretty much a non-issue. About 3 people including yourself got all uptight about it.

2. It's only 11 pages long if you set your thread views to 40 posts per page.
Damn man, why are you trying so hard to get this thread closed lol? If the mods think it need to be closed, that's fine but geez man, let it go lol. Also for your 3 other people post, maybe they did like me and seen 40 something pages and decided they didn't want to read all the way through it.

Anyway, back on topic lol, I know there's no crying in football and I know it's Tennessee's defense's job to stop the Patriots offense. The score was 38-0, 38-0!!!! with less than 2 minutes left in the half. 31 other teams in the NFL would have just run out the clock and taken it into halftime, not the Patriots though. I guarantee you at some point, somebody's gonna be gunning for Brady because of that. I watched just about every Patriots game in 2007(either NFL replay or live) and they never did anything like this. Yeah they scored a lot of points, but once there opponent was pretty much out of it, they started running he ball. Hell, they probably could've scored 59 in almost every game that year, but they didn't. I guess the point is moot now that the game is over, but it just left a bad taste in my mouth. Look at the Giants last week against my beloved raiders lol. Same scenario, but they called off the dogs early and left us with an embarrassing 44-7 score. It was emabarrassing, but I have no angst toward the Giants because they handled it in a respectable manner. The patriots weren't even playing my team and I'm fired up about this one. Oh well, Karma is a b*tch!!
Old 10-19-2009, 10:40 AM   #15
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
I think the way Brady and the Patriots ran up the score on Tennessee yesterday was disgusting.
Really? I think it's disgusting when a team can't stop the scoring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
There's a fine line between continuing to play to win and taking devilish glee in beating a team to a pulp. Man i'm glad the '76 Bucs don't play these days because knowing this Pats team the score would be 100-0 and they'd all be laughing and grinning like little cheshire cats about it.

The Patriots are a reflection of their coach. They're a team with little class, tons of arrogance and who are very ugly winners and losers. You know, the kind of guy/team that rubs it in other people's faces because they've killed you and who whine and cry and shrink from the media when they've been beaten.
Here's a similarity.

Bellicheck comes from a father who was a US Navy Officer.

Like any good fighting force, confidence...or otherwise, cockiness/arrogance, are a characteristic. Because you have to feel that you can beat anyone, that you're the best, that you cannot be stopped, and that you're capabilities are unparalleled.

I can attest to this because part of making men into Marines is breeding an extremely high level of CONFIDENCE, which most mistake for cockiness/arrogance.

You have to have this mentality in war or else you defeat yourself on the battlefield..by 2nd guessing yourself, losing confidence, etc. I HATE drawing comparisons between sports and war, but this IS the way Bellicheck has "trained" his men.

I see what they did on Sunday as nothing different than training w/ live rounds. Meaning it wasn't a practice team. It was a real-NFL team, and even w/ a 45-0 halftime score bringing Brady and Co. back out for the 3rd is allowing Bellicheck's "men" to get some training w/ live rounds.

Oakland fans or Bills fans would clamor to have their team put up 59 pts...even if the other team had a big fat 0 on the scoreboard.

Last edited by JBH3; 10-19-2009 at 10:42 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2009, 10:41 AM   #16
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO

Tom Brady is unquestionably the greatest QB of his generation and probably of all time but over the last few years i've seen a very ugly side to him. He's a petulant child who stomps his feet around and yells at everybody when things are going bad but no one really comments about it. The apologists will say that he plays with fire and grit but i've seen many great QBs who don't carry on like babies when things are tougher then they expect.

I respect what the Pats have done in their history since Bellichick has come there but the method of doing what they've done has left a very sour taste in my mouth and that's something I can't cozy up to or respect.
And yet you'd love both if the were the Bills coach and QB.

I know I would.

Member of the Official OS Bills Backers Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Hell, I shot my grandmother, cuz she was old.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »