Home

Brady was disgusting......

This is a discussion on Brady was disgusting...... within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2009, 02:38 PM   #49
The Lord of #Hashtags

legendkiller5's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Brady was disgusting......

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
Wow!!! Patriots ***** huh? I was actually rooting for the Patriots big time in that Superbowl win against the Rams. Just because I like the Raiders doesn't mean I hate the Patriots, even though I HAVE disliked them the past few years. That has nothing to do with a tuck rule or anything though. Things like this is why I dislike them. Actually it's not really any PLAYER in the Patriots organization, it's their coach. I think he's classless.
Anyway, none of that has any thing to do with whether they were running up the score or not. If Tom Brady had got knocked out for the season on their first possession in the 3rd qtr with a 45-0 lead, what do you think would be all over the media outlets today? Why was Tom Brady even in the game? The only answer to that would be to run up the score. Even Rich Eisen on NFL network was like surprisingly Brady comes out and is still playing in the start of the 3rd qtr. We can just agree to disagree on this matter I guess because I'm not changing my opinion on this one.
No one even brought up the tuck rule. People are acting as if the Patriots were playing a preschool team made up of girls.

I just don't understand how Brady throwing the ball in the 3rd quarter is 'disgusting' compared to what happened to Clifton Smith.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:39 PM   #50
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
Why is that? Because they're the evil Patriots right?

Or...is it because they already lost Fred Taylor for the foreseeable future, Sammy Morris was injured on the 3rd play of the game, and the only other running back was Maroney who's also a brittle BRITTLE back.

I guess w/ having only given up TWO sacks, both in the 1st qtr, during their first two possessions there was more confidence in the O-Line blocking the Titans than there was handing the ball off to a more injury prone player, runningback Lawrence Maroney.

So on the surface, while it looks like a stupid move by Bellicheck, to send Brady out, he actually was protecting his runningback. They'll need a running game versus the Dolphins and Colts, and can ill afford another injury to a runningback.
Benjarvis Green Ellis was healthy too. What kind of sense does that make though? We have some hurt RB's so we're gonna risk our franchise QB every play. All it takes is one play. One missed assignment. One Titan player that's fed up. That's all it takes to knock Brady out for the year. If I was a Patriot fan, I would've enjoyed the first half immensely, but then I would've been like WTF, when I seen Brady come out in the 3rd qtr. My main concern then would have been for him to get out of the game. That's just me though. I tend to want my Raiders QB to come out the game too, but that's for totally different reasons lol.

Last edited by splff3000; 10-19-2009 at 02:50 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:43 PM   #51
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
Benjarvis Green Ellis was healthy too. What kind of sense does that make though? We have some hurt RB's so we're gonna risk our franchise QB every play. All it takes is one play. One missed assignment. One Titan player that's fed up. That's all it takes to knock Brady out for the year. If I was a Patriot fan, I would've enjoyed the first half immensely, but then I would've been like WTF, when I seen Brady come out in the 3rd qtr. My main concern then would have been for him to get out of the game. That's just me though. I tend to want my Raiders QB to come out the game too, but those are for totally different reasons lol.
Did it look like the Titans had any fight left in them? Handing the ball off you're putting a player in direct contact w/ a defender. Brady has a wall of players around him to protect. While it SEEMs stupid/questionable what have you, odds are the runningback getting the ball 25+ times because he's the only one left is going to get hurt before Brady.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2009, 02:43 PM   #52
I Drink Like A Champion!!

yankeesgiants's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Do the Pats not have a FB they can put in the RB slot?
Have not had one all year. They have been using Sammy Morris as a lead back in short yardage situations. Since he got hurt no lead back. So they used Dan Connolly. They were down to Kevin Faulk, Lawrence Maroney and BenJarvis Green-Ellis yesterday.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:45 PM   #53
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Why is that? Because they're the evil Patriots right?

Or...is it because they already lost Fred Taylor for the foreseeable future, Sammy Morris was injured on the 3rd play of the game, and the only other running back was Maroney who's also a brittle BRITTLE back.

I guess w/ having only given up TWO sacks, both in the 1st qtr, during their first two possessions there was more confidence in the O-Line blocking the Titans than there was handing the ball off to a more injury prone player, runningback Lawrence Maroney.

So on the surface, while it looks like a stupid move by Bellicheck, to send Brady out, he actually was protecting his runningback. They'll need a running game versus the Dolphins and Colts, and can ill afford another injury to a runningback.
This makes no sense. Yeah let's protect our RB's by sending my franchise QB out there. Okay, because that's so logical.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 10-19-2009, 02:46 PM   #54
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendkiller5
No one even brought up the tuck rule. People are acting as if the Patriots were playing a preschool team made up of girls.
umm, you didn't see this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenMan

THIS IS JUST ANOTHER PATRIOT ***** THREAD AT ITS CORE, THE TUCK RULE HAS BEEN CHANGED FOR YEARS NOW.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:47 PM   #55
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesgiants
Have not had one all year. They have been using Sammy Morris as a lead back in short yardage situations. Since he got hurt no lead back. So they used Dan Connolly. They were down to Kevin Faulk, Lawrence Maroney and BenJarvis Green-Ellis yesterday.
Who's primarily used as a pass-catcher out of the backfield.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2009, 02:49 PM   #56
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Yea...it was LG Dan Connolly who came in to play FB.

Let's get all the damn freaking facts straight people.
It was an innocent question. No need to get all snippy at me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesgiants
Thanks for giving a straight answer.

Well in that case it makes a little more sense but still I would've preferred if the Pats went to their backup QB as early as possible.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »