Home

Week 7: New York Jets(3-3) at Oakland Raiders(2-4)

This is a discussion on Week 7: New York Jets(3-3) at Oakland Raiders(2-4) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2009, 08:31 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 26
Week 7: New York Jets(3-3) at Oakland Raiders(2-4)

As you can see, with the timing of this thread, im very exciting, why? Because we really have a chance to win and go 3-4! With the jets coming off a heart breaking loss, and the Raiders coming off a huge win, there might be chance for us!

Although if we lose, then we all no what happens...*reaches for shotgun*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2009, 08:47 PM   #2
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Week 7: New York Jets(3-3) at Oakland Raiders(2-4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piderman
As you can see, with the timing of this thread, im very exciting, why? Because we really have a chance to win and go 3-4! With the jets coming off a heart breaking loss, and the Raiders coming off a huge win, there might be chance for us!

Although if we lose, then we all no what happens...*reaches for shotgun*
There went your chance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 10-20-2009, 09:08 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
There went your chance
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 10-20-2009, 09:11 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 27

Sanchez is fading fast. I guess teams have found some major flaws on tape and he's been exposed. The good thing though, is that he's a rookie and these issues can still be corrected. But the Jets are going to have to start his progression over, simplify the playbook, and start playing closer to the vest.

I think the Jets can manage long enough this way defensively (ranked #6 in Points allowed) in order to get Sanchez back on track.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:37 PM   #5
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
Sanchez is fading fast. I guess teams have found some major flaws on tape and he's been exposed. The good thing though, is that he's a rookie and these issues can still be corrected. But the Jets are going to have to start his progression over, simplify the playbook, and start playing closer to the vest.

I think the Jets can manage long enough this way defensively (ranked #6 in Points allowed) in order to get Sanchez back on track.
I think his first few weeks were overrated anyway. Obviously he won the games, but it's mostly because of the Jets D playing so well.

Against the Texans, he had his best statistical game, but the Texans had some horrible blown coverages and Leon Washington did some really good things on screens and dump offs.

The next week he played one pretty good half against the Pats, but their D is probably average.

The next week the Jets beat the Titans and we are seeing their true colors unfold.

So I think he got too much credit and everyone wanted to make him the next Broadway Joe, but you gotta remember he's still a rookie QB. That said, I think he's shown tons of potential, but he better figure out how to throw in the Meadowlands wind or he's in serious trouble.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2009, 09:48 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 15

The Raiders are a good running team. The Jets, even with Jenkins, weren't particularly great at stopping the run. So long as JaMarcus isn't incredibly terrible (unlikely), the Raiders have a legitimate shot at winning this game. They aren't the favorites by any means, but the Jets traveling across the country to face a team like the Raiders isn't an easy win.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:58 PM   #7
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW McGraw
The Raiders are a good running team. The Jets, even with Jenkins, weren't particularly great at stopping the run. So long as JaMarcus isn't incredibly terrible (unlikely), the Raiders have a legitimate shot at winning this game. They aren't the favorites by any means, but the Jets traveling across the country to face a team like the Raiders isn't an easy win.
I think Jamarcus has been better in the last few weeks. At least he looks somewhat like an NFL QB now. I'm not saying he's John Elway like our crazy owner is saying, but he does look like he's on the upswing. Now watch, since I said that, he's gonna come out with another 2-17 game again. I hope not. We get Chaz back this week (Jamarcus favorite target at WR) so that should help a lot. I'm interested to see what happens in this game. I guess it all depends on how Sanchez handles the blitz. I can't believe I'm saying that, but yes, the Raiders are blitzing now. If we can move that ball on the ground and get pressure on Sanchez, I'm predicting victory. If not, it may be a long day in Oakland......again lol.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:26 AM   #8
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

If I'm the Raiders I start lickign my chops at Jenkins being gone from the center. Take Fargas, Bush & McFadden and run them all day and stress Sanchez into even more errors. The Raiders have some good matchups they can win here: Nmandi shutting down a 1/3rd of the field, the Raider's front 7 containing the run & bringing the pressure, etc. This IS a game they can win, especially with a Jets team coming in which has lost a lot of it's swagger.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »