Home

Watch Ray Lewis the next time the Ravens play

This is a discussion on Watch Ray Lewis the next time the Ravens play within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2009, 06:01 PM   #17
My Head Hurts

jnofx's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Watch Ray Lewis the next time the Ravens play

He's obviously not the physical specimen he was back in the day, but he's still in the top 10-15 LB's in the league (IMO) and he is a coach on the field. The emotional boost is great, but the mental boost, experience and football IQ is impossible to replace.

I will "Watch Ray Lewis the next time the Ravens play"

And I will do so with admiration and awe.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:17 PM   #18
Pro

ThaShark28_316's Arena

OVR: 10

Would you guys say the issue with B-More this year is Cornerback play? Or am I totally off base here....
Horns FBall
Horns BBall
Stars
Old 10-21-2009, 06:23 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 26

Ray Lewis is more than a beast, Godzilla checks his closet for Ray
Old 10-21-2009, 08:05 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Ok, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. General sentiment... 14 year vet Ray Lewis isn't as good as rookie Ray. No problem. Grunt and I were talking about this before. But there is a difference between not being heads above everyone else in the league and needing to be a part time player. Ray was never a blitzer (as mentioned above). He's blitzed more later in his career than he did back in the day, and I'd say most of the time he either gets to the QB or causes them to move or rush. That sack on Favre should've been as big as the tackle of Sproles but bad personnel/play calling gave Favre another chance to throw a bomb afterwards.

If you really think he's just an "emotional leader" then you must have just watched clips of one game or something. As confused as the D has looked this year, my guess is the success they have had comes more from Ray reading the offensive players and set and positioning people more than any call from the sideline. Losing Rex hurt... losing Ray would've been a bigger blow.
Ray and JJ are the only ones that do not look confused. I'm not sure the point of the thread. If the thread starter looks at the Ravens D in general this year you will find a great deal of times everyone on defense that is rushing the passer doing what he says Lewis did unless they have a free lane. I saw it a lot in the Chargers game especially on blitzes where there was max protect. They just all sorta gave up and said forget it. I actually am watching the Vikings game now, going to take some clips from it for somebody, but I know for a fact a lot of guys on the Ravens D just sorta stop if there are a bunch of blockers. Suggs is a big culprit. Now do you think they would be doing that with Rex Ryan? Don't think so.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:53 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 24

"***** in the house".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2009, 02:57 AM   #22
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

OVR: 26

Enough said.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:21 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 8

I made the thread to see if people still think that he's a beast just cause he's Ray Lewis and also to see how "personally" people take it if someone criticizes him.

I'm 100% certain most people here have not watched him specifically when the Ravens D plays, they just know who he is, what he's done and how the commentators have hyped him up during the years (mostly the commentators were correct to do so).

That's why I said watch him the next game and actually also during the rest of the season, not just for the next 3 plays. You'll see that that he's very inefficient except in run stopping and positioning himself for a ball carrier who doesn't have enough space to run away from him. But those two things he does extremely well.

Btw, I never said he's the reason their D isn't that good. As a sidenote, watching Dawan Landry play coverage is cover-your-eyes stuff.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:23 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy

Enough said.
You have ignored what's been said.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »