Home

The Kyle Orton dilemma

This is a discussion on The Kyle Orton dilemma within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2009, 04:45 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28
The Kyle Orton dilemma

So, are you sold on Kyle Orton? Do you pay up or let him test the market?

http://www.denverpost.com/krieger/ci_13564261

Quote:
Kyle Orton is the toast of the town, the reigning AFC offensive player of the week and the undefeated quarterback of the Broncos.
He's also a pending free agent whose early success presents the Broncos with an interesting dilemma — pay him now, pay him later or don't pay him at all.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2009, 04:52 PM   #2
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: The Kyle Orton dilemma

Who else are you gonna get??

With that being said, I'd pay him and maybe sign a rookie QB to develop in the draft.. IMO, Colt McCoy would be a great choice if he last to the 3rd or 4th round, let him sit and learn for 2-3 years, similar to what GB did with Aaron Rodgers.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 10-21-2009, 05:08 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 18

Im sold on Kyle Orton, he might have a chance to win MVP. He is playing better than cutler. Now Denver fans are like saying who is jay cutler? Jay Culter will be a distant memory is Denver Land.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:12 PM   #4
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Who else are you gonna get??

With that being said, I'd pay him and maybe sign a rookie QB to develop in the draft.. IMO, Colt McCoy would be a great choice if he last to the 3rd or 4th round, let him sit and learn for 2-3 years, similar to what GB did with Aaron Rodgers.
Brandstater (Fresno State) is the rookie McDaniels picked. No need to draft another one. We already have 3 QBs on the roster- Orton, Simms and Brandstater

Orton will get a contract. McDaniels specifically went for Orton in the trade and the guy is doing everything thats asked of him. Hell he still hasnt thrown an interception(I'm not counting that Moss jumpball crap at the end of the 2nd quarter)

The only dilemma I see with this is the fact that Orton and Dumervil are having great years. And to add on top of that, you have Marshall. Bowlen will have to bring out the checkbook big time.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:25 PM   #5
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

I was sold on him in Chicago, so I'm still sold on him now. I thought Denver got a way better end of the trade and I still feel that way. Neckbeard's the man.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2009, 05:51 PM   #6
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17

I knew when Orton went to Denver that he was going to be a success there. Denver throws a lot and in college that's all they did. Denver got a great deal. So, yes I am sold.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:06 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 15

I wouldn't give Orton Manning money just because I think McDaniels can mold any QB into an above average starter, but he should be kept around until he becomes ineffective. The problem will be if you let him hit the market, teams like the Vikings, Bills, or Rams that lack a long term solution at QB will overpay big time for him.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:30 PM   #8
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

I think Orton is a good QB. That's the best way I can put it. Maybe solid would be the better term.. He's never going to be elite, he'll be around that 10-15ish range. But I think he'll always win. I was pissed when Chicago completely ignored him after he led them to a great record, then when he finally got his chance, he played well. Then he's gone. And wouldn't you know it, he's won every game with his new team.

He's one of those lucky guys that the skill players who can't seem to get wins wants to be. Then again, Orton hasn't been a starter in the playoffs yet. That'll be a true test. I've always pulled for him. I think him and Chad Pennington are my favorite QB's in the league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »