Home

LMAO At Jeff Fisher

This is a discussion on LMAO At Jeff Fisher within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2009, 11:55 AM   #49
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: LMAO At Jeff Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
That's ridiculous. A season after going 13-3 he's in danger of losing his job. It's even worse that it's what the fans seem to want.
Billick got fired a year after going 13-3 just a couple of years ago btw.

It was a joke but horrible timing. I have to agree, the comment about wanting to feel like a winner is the trump card here. He could've said something that couldn't be interpreted a different way. He should've thought about it a bit more before saying that. Generally speaking, it's not a big deal, but for all the Titan PLAYERS who it touched the same nerve as some Titan fans, could create problems for a team that he already seems to have lost control of.

Sitting over here on the East coast, I can laugh at it. But if Harbaugh came out in a Big Ben jersey to honor Cowher, there'd be a lot of pissed off Ravens fans. I lost a bet last year and had to put on a Ward jersey just to take a picture and it was turning my stomach. If the Ravens were 0-6 and just lost 59-0 (score could've been even worse) and Harbaugh did that, you can bet your a** it wouldn't go over too well. If all of that happened AND he said "I just wanted to feel like a winner"... well, in the famous words of Chris Rock, I'm not saying it's right but I understand.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:01 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

I don't think I've seen so much criticism over someone who did/said something at a charity event.

That said, if I put myself in a Titans fans/players shoes I can understand why they would be upset over this. They're 0-6 and their coach put on a Peyton Manning jersey so he could feel like a winner.. he might as well just tell all of his players that they're a bunch of losers.

If the Colts were 0-6 and Jim Caldwell put on a Tom Brady jersey and said that he just wanted to feel like a winner.. you better believe I'd be pretty upset.

At least Jeff Fisher is having some fun. His team is 0-6 and he's out there having a good time at a charity event. He's not panicking. Maybe that's a good sign?
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 10-23-2009, 01:21 PM   #51
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
I don't think I've seen so much criticism over someone who did/said something at a charity event.

That said, if I put myself in a Titans fans/players shoes I can understand why they would be upset over this. They're 0-6 and their coach put on a Peyton Manning jersey so he could feel like a winner.. he might as well just tell all of his players that they're a bunch of losers.

If the Colts were 0-6 and Jim Caldwell put on a Tom Brady jersey and said that he just wanted to feel like a winner.. you better believe I'd be pretty upset.

At least Jeff Fisher is having some fun. His team is 0-6 and he's out there having a good time at a charity event. He's not panicking. Maybe that's a good sign?

Thank you.

you know I may not always come off as the most level headed dude on these forums, but in life I am generally level headed.
While I wasnt personally offended by what fisher did as a Titans fan, I cant find it in my heart to think that the people who are upset about it are justified.

I am sick of some of these fans for other teams coming around dropping "If the Titans fire fisher, he will have a job in 10 minutes" " Fisher did this for charity, you guys are ridiculous to be upset" "Jeff Fisher is an awesome coach, so what if he wore a manning jersey"

you guys need to get a grip on reality. What makes fisher a great coach? I have been a fan of this team through good times and bad and I cant identify 1 thing that makes Jeff Fisher better than an average coach. His record, the amount of SB's he has won, he has not innovated the caoching profession in any way. He does nothing special with his offenses, or his defenses. He runs the most vanilla play calling scheme of any team in the NFL. MOST of the time, this is why they lose the big games, because teams can litterally gameplan to victory on them.

Now, after the most humiliating loss in franchise history he chooses to make these comments and wear a manning jersey?

you want to have an opinion on the Titans?

go watch over any Titans video you can find from the Pats game until now. do some homework. This team is ready to snap man. Nobody in the Titans locker room "laughed off fishers joke, it was charity!" dudes are just as upset as the fans.
Fisher coaches cover 2 defense and 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense. END of STORY. We were able to do some things with CJ and the solid defense last year, and a few years before that another top rated defense and Eddie George/steve mcnair were able to do something too, but thats it. Fisher didnt take any different approaches or do anyting different.

Im sick of some of you guys watching Herm Edwards stick up for fisher on ESPN then you guys come on here and try to sound intelligent and pass that off as your opinion or read an article that says there was nothing wrong with what fisher did so you come on here and try to sound smart.

whatever. go spend 100 bucks on a Titans Jersey, hundereds of other doallars on Titans apparel. Stick up for them relentlessly, buy Sunday Ticket for a few hundy.

then go watch the Titans "perform" against the Pats for their "hall of fame coach" and then watch said coach dawn a Colts Jersey and say he wore it so he could "feel like a winner". He could have done 200 million other things for charity as opposed to that. If there was 1 thing in this world I would recommend he not do for charity, it would be what he did.

Gisher is gone after this season I say good riddance. those of you who want to "sound smart", like I said go watch some Titans games and then tell me how Fisher is this "great coach" that will have a job in 10 minutes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2009, 01:43 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

You know I used to think Fisher was a great coach. But I guess I bought into what the media said about him. He's one of the most respected coaches in the league, for whatever reason. I think it's mainly because he's been with the Titans for so long, anyone who can hold a job that long is going to be respected.

But now that I really take a look at things, he hasn't done much in his tenure with the Titans. He took them to a Super Bowl, that's great.. too bad it was 10 years ago. Since then, 13-3 in 00, 7-9 in 01, 11-5 in 02, 12-4 in 03, 5-11 in 04, 4-12 in 05, 8-8 in 06, 10-6 in 07, 13-3 in 08, and now 0-6 in 09. He's had some good seasons since his Super Bowl appearance, but in those good seasons he's 2-5 in the Playoffs. And, in his 15 year coaching career he's had a total of 9 seasons with a record of .500 or below. 9 out of 15 he's had a losing season, or right at .500.. and he's about to have another losing season which makes it 10 out of 16. Looking at the facts, I do not understand why he is so respected throughout the league and why he still has his job.
Old 10-23-2009, 04:04 PM   #53
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
You know I used to think Fisher was a great coach. But I guess I bought into what the media said about him. He's one of the most respected coaches in the league, for whatever reason. I think it's mainly because he's been with the Titans for so long, anyone who can hold a job that long is going to be respected.

But now that I really take a look at things, he hasn't done much in his tenure with the Titans. He took them to a Super Bowl, that's great.. too bad it was 10 years ago. Since then, 13-3 in 00, 7-9 in 01, 11-5 in 02, 12-4 in 03, 5-11 in 04, 4-12 in 05, 8-8 in 06, 10-6 in 07, 13-3 in 08, and now 0-6 in 09. He's had some good seasons since his Super Bowl appearance, but in those good seasons he's 2-5 in the Playoffs. And, in his 15 year coaching career he's had a total of 9 seasons with a record of .500 or below. 9 out of 15 he's had a losing season, or right at .500.. and he's about to have another losing season which makes it 10 out of 16. Looking at the facts, I do not understand why he is so respected throughout the league and why he still has his job.

honestly, my eyes were opened last year. I was in the middle of talking crap about how great he was when someone asked for numbers and to my surprise he is like 50-50 on winning/losing seasons which is crazy to think. its like each time he sucks we immidiatley forget about it when they have a good record. All I do know is the dude hasnt won a SB and as a fan, im getting tired of his act altogether. Vanilla everything.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:44 PM   #54
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by eckoefx
My Fiance's Thoughts:

I feel like he was just making a joke. It's not like it's a secret that the Titans aren't doing so hot this season...He was just stating the obvious. And it was a charity event. Just because he says it now, doesn't mean he thinks his team is a bunch of losers...He just meant he wanted to feel like a winner at the moment, bc...the Titans aren't winners right now.

I think people shouldn't be so sensitive. It was cool of him to make an apology for it tho. That shows class. Before last year, the Titans weren't winning all the time either, so even tho this is the worst they've done...should he really be fired? Just a thought.

-Brittknee
the debacle on Sunday night was a charity event, to benefit Tom Brady's stats and the New England Patriots. It was very nice of the Titans players and coaches to be so giving to the Pats

a lot of coaches all over the league and a lot of players on the Titans and elsewhere participate in charity events. Some of them have their own charities. You can do charity events without such antics.

Can a Titans player say anything they want and act as unprofessional as they want as long as they are at a charity event, no one can get offended? If someone says something and Fisher has a problem with it, they can just say "they were at a charity event, lighten up". When it comes down to it, it's just football anyway, and charities are more important and a higher priority than any sports obviously. However, it doesnt mean that he has to disrespect the franchise and fanbase that has supported him for 16 seasons. He is disrespecting the franchise enough by the product he is putting out on the field.

I can understand Titans fans such as you not caring about Fisher's antics at all, but I can also understand some Titans fans being upset about it after their team has been non competitive enough this season to fumble away winnable games at the beginning of the season and now get one of the worst beat downs in the history of modern pro football to put them at 0-6 and one of the worst starts in Titans history. I can understand Titans fans having a problem with Fisher's stubborn devotion to the status quo all season and how the coach acts like he doesnt give a crap. If the coach doesnt care, why should the team care? If the team doesnt care, why should fans care or even show up? Maybe fans can spend their hard earned money elsewhere and the Titans can play their football game in front of very little audience. just my 2 cents

Last edited by ZB9; 10-23-2009 at 06:11 PM.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:54 PM   #55
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by eckoefx
It was cool of him to make an apology for it tho. That shows class.
He apologized, but right after he apologized he said he would do it again if he could. lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2009, 06:04 PM   #56
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

Quote:
He apologized, but right after he apologized he said he would do it again if he could. lol.
he also said anyone who had a problem with it "needs to rethink things" lol

That would chap my hide even more than jerseygate if I were a Titans fan. I dont think I would accept a friggin football coach telling me I "need to rethink things", especially a football coach that is 0-6 and just got his *** whupped 59-0. Fisher has been getting a little too big for his britches (both figuratively and also literally)

Last edited by ZB9; 10-23-2009 at 06:13 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »