Home

LMAO At Jeff Fisher

This is a discussion on LMAO At Jeff Fisher within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2009, 06:10 PM   #57
DickDalewood

OVR:
Re: LMAO At Jeff Fisher

It was for a charity event involving Tony Dungee.

Only the blind homers/haters will find a problem with this... god forbid the guy to find time to have a little fun. As if any guy here who has a bad day at work doesn't go home and do something else to take his mind off work for a few minutes.

Old 10-23-2009, 06:19 PM   #58
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
It was for a charity event involving Tony Dungee.

Only the blind homers/haters will find a problem with this... god forbid the guy to find time to have a little fun. As if any guy here who has a bad day at work doesn't go home and do something else to take his mind off work for a few minutes.
to me, it seems some Titans fans look at Fisher's antics as an "F U" to the franchise and fanbase that has supported him for 16 years and that has to watch the poor product Fisher has put on the field this season. Then his comments afterwards basically saying he doesnt give a crap what those people think, and telling them "they need to rethink things" probably added to the disrespect for some.

as far as charity, a lot of coaches and players all around the league participate in charity events. Some of them set up their own charity events, yet you dont see such antics. You can support a cause without disrespecting your franchise all for charity.

Last edited by ZB9; 10-23-2009 at 06:27 PM.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:25 PM   #59
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
to me, it seems some Titans fans look at Fisher's antics as an "F U" to the franchise and fanbase that has supported him for 16 years and that has to watch the poor product Fisher has put on the field this season. Then his comments afterwards basically saying he doesnt give a crap what those people think, and telling them "they need to rethink things" probably added to the disrespect for some.

as far as charity, a lot of coaches and players all around the league participate in charity events. Some of them set up their own charity events, yet you dont see such antics. You can support a cause without disrespecting their franchises all for charity.
Well, I understand what you're saying, but they just sound like whiney, overly sensitive fans to me. It was all in good fun, people need to relax and take a joke.

Again, I do see what you're saying, I just think it's a complete non-issue.

Old 10-23-2009, 06:38 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
Fisher is a wise man. He did this to take the heat off of his players, plus it was funny as hell.

I can't believe some of you are calling for his head over this.
+1

Been following the franchise since they became the Tennessee Oilers in '97, and there's no reason to let a great coach go over a joke at a charity event.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:50 PM   #61
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
+1

Been following the franchise since they became the Tennessee Oilers in '97, and there's no reason to let a great coach go over a joke at a charity event.
In your opinion, why do you think he's a great coach?
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2009, 08:49 PM   #62
MVP

skydog71's Arena

OVR: 12

On a related note, a thought just occured to me. I wonder how the "hot seat" will affect whether or not Fisher puts in VY? A couple of weeks ago, Fisher probably felt fairly safe. He'd had bad seasons before, and didn't get fired. Besides, he was coming off a 13-3 season --- Bud would cut him some slack for the off year. But then the New England game happened. Then the Colts jersey thing. At this point, at least from Fisher's perspective, he's gotta be wondering if he'll still have a job come January. He's repeatedly said that "Kerry Collins gives us our best chance to win" and he knows that the only way he keeps his job is if he starts winning some games. So does he stick with Kerry Collins because he feels that it gives him the best chance of keeping his job?

Alternatively, Bud might force him to play VY. Which would be kinda funny --- Fisher would have to pull VY out of his doghouse, put him in the game, and hope that VY wins some games. You could say that Fisher's job security would be in VY's hands.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:44 PM   #63
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydog71
On a related note, a thought just occured to me. I wonder how the "hot seat" will affect whether or not Fisher puts in VY? A couple of weeks ago, Fisher probably felt fairly safe. He'd had bad seasons before, and didn't get fired. Besides, he was coming off a 13-3 season --- Bud would cut him some slack for the off year. But then the New England game happened. Then the Colts jersey thing. At this point, at least from Fisher's perspective, he's gotta be wondering if he'll still have a job come January. He's repeatedly said that "Kerry Collins gives us our best chance to win" and he knows that the only way he keeps his job is if he starts winning some games. So does he stick with Kerry Collins because he feels that it gives him the best chance of keeping his job?

Alternatively, Bud might force him to play VY. Which would be kinda funny --- Fisher would have to pull VY out of his doghouse, put him in the game, and hope that VY wins some games. You could say that Fisher's job security would be in VY's hands.

Id put money on Collins starting the next game. I question what the intentions of fisher are at that point IE saving face or rep/ planning for the future. It doesnt appear Collins thinks there is a chance he wont be starting. Coming off a bye when your 0-6 is relatively the "perfect time" to start looking at the future of you ask me so if VY doesnt come out as the starter on week 8 then we know whats up
Old 10-23-2009, 10:02 PM   #64
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

I bet Jeff and co. don't think the season is lost. They have 10 more games. They're coming off of a bye. I bet they're focused on just regrouping and hopefully stringing some wins together. I think they'll start Collins next week. If they lose and fall to 0-7 then I think they'll throw VY in and start looking towards the future.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »