Home

Week 7 Monday Night:Eagles @ Redskins

This is a discussion on Week 7 Monday Night:Eagles @ Redskins within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2009, 01:46 AM   #25
N.W.O. - NO WR OPEN

Checmate101's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Week 7 Monday Night:Eagles @ Redskins

Unlike the other games. I have a itch that this might be the Skins breakout game. To much stuff going on for a team not to step up to that challenge. We have our pride riden on the line. Plus this is a primetime game to. Hope we show up. Not going to be easy though. The birds are coming for blood to revenge on that loss of the Raiders.

I believe we will take shots downfield with Mr.Bingo. Jason said he's going to play his game and stop trying to please the coaches, and do what he does.So it's a wait and see.

I'll go 20-16 Eagles
Uconn Huskies
Miami Hurricanes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2009, 01:51 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
The Eagles put up 33 points on you in 2007. You guys lost that game 33-25.
Yep, that was Sean Taylor's last game too.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:28 AM   #27
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebby
I doubt the 7 game losing streak from 2001-2004 is going to come into play.

The Skins are 5-3 against the Eagle the last four years and 3-1 in the last two for what that's worth (nothing).

The Eagles will probably win, but let's not act like the Eagles are too good to lose to the Redskins.
You're missing the point. Posting that only illustrates why an Eagle fan would be confident about beating the Redskins. Throughout the decade we've won more than we lost, and uh...again...WHERE...did I say the Eagles are too good to lose?

I've stated twice already, now THREE times for the reading impaired, that:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
Given our team IS better, and Washington is going through some mess I expect another win. However, it will probably be a struggle though because it always is between these two.

Last edited by JBH3; 10-25-2009 at 07:43 AM.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:34 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
You're missing the point. Posting that only illustrates why an Eagle fan would be confident about beating the Redskins. Throughout the decade we've won more than we lost, and uh...again...WHERE...did I say the Eagles are too good to lose?
And in the last four years, the Redskins have won more than they've lost against the Eagles. Those games are far more relevant than are the games from 5-9 seasons ago.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:50 AM   #29
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebby
And in the last four years, the Redskins have won more than they've lost against the Eagles. Those games are far more relevant than are the games from 5-9 seasons ago.
I understand that as well. Again, just simply trying to point out that there is reason for confidence in Philly. Better team, have played better football, and no one here is saying this is an easy game for Philly OR acting like this will be an easy game.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:52 AM   #30
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dislimb
Yep, that was Sean Taylor's last game too.
Damn.. didn't know that.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 10-25-2009, 11:50 AM   #31
MVP

colkilla's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Cocky? Why is it always mistaken for confidence. I said on pg1 it will be a battle, most of our recent matchups have been. Are you speaking to what stopper posted? How can you blame him? The Eagles have played some good football this year. The Saints game we were out #5, and the Oakland game was a mess. Andy Reid doesn't usually repeat games like that.

The Redskins haven't given anyone, other than the most delusional of Washingtonians, a reason to assume they'll show up and play solid football. I mean if you want to count a 17-23 loss where their punter accounted for one of their TDs.

Please people.

The Eagles are 11-7 vs the Skins in this decade, w/ Skins having gotten that record back to a respectable margin after last years sweep. We have every reason to think we can win. ****...we played ugly football, much like that Raider gm, for much of last year but still got into the NFC Championship.

I don't think I've said anything untrue in this thread.

-The game will be a battle, because of our bad O-Line and a good Redskin defense.
-And the Redskins ARE an embarrassment. Are they not?

Not to mention, we addressed what allowed Oakland to shred us up. That was acquiring versatile LB Will Witherspoon from St Louis because Jeremiah Trotter's lame butt got exposed in pass coverage.

Witherspoon is familiar w/ our D being in a Spagnuolo D all yr (A Jimmy Johnson protege). So I don't expect Cooley to turn into the 2nd coming of Zach Miller...but I've been wrong before.
eagles fans are not cocky, they are dicks. hard to be cocky when you have NEVER won a superbowl. that being said they will roll in this game, the redskins just can't score any points and though the defense has played admirably they get tired late in the game and cannot sustain a high level of play. the nfc least as a whole is overrated. only division in the nfc they are better than is probably the west. the eagles and cowboys are not as good as everyone had expected and the skins are a little worse than everyone may have expected. giants got exposed last week too. nfc east is only getting one team to the playoffs this year so you eagles fans better hope you can keep pace with the giants. in my opinionthe two wildcards are gonna be atlanta and chicago/gb...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2009, 10:31 AM   #32
All Star

Jasong7777's Arena

OVR: 24

Have a funny feeling the Redskins will win. Regardless of who wins the game will be close.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »