Home

Bradford plans to enter the 2010 NFL Draft.

This is a discussion on Bradford plans to enter the 2010 NFL Draft. within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2009, 02:53 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
Bradford plans to enter the 2010 NFL Draft.

Just wanted to get that out there. He said he would have season ending shoulder surgery and enter the Draft. I think it is a good move. Maye he can learn some west coast while he's at it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2009, 04:12 AM   #2
MVP

Tiko7523's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Bradford plans to enter the 2010 NFL Draft.

might be a decent pick for the rams........

PSN gamertag Tiko7523
Xbox Live Tag: Tiko7523
Old 10-26-2009, 08:52 AM   #3
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

He might as well leave. Just goes to show how much college programs really care about these kids. A coach & school will risk a kids entire future & career by rushing them back to play just to win a rivalry game. The guy should never have been on the field so soon, especially against Texas.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:02 AM   #4
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
He might as well leave. Just goes to show how much college programs really care about these kids. A coach & school will risk a kids entire future & career by rushing them back to play just to win a rivalry game. The guy should never have been on the field so soon, especially against Texas.
You don't think Bradford wanted to come back for that game?

And lol at the guy that said he might be a good pick for the Rams. I wouldn't touch him in the top 5 in the draft, especially with all the other QBs that look much better. Bradford honestly reminds me a bit of Marc Bulger, and that's not a compliment.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 10-26-2009, 10:34 AM   #5
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

He already lost millions of dollars by not going in last year. He might as well look at it like a business and take those millions as a loss and try to recoup what he can... Hopefully, his shoulder will be healed before spring so, he can work out in the combine. If he has a good showing I still think he will be a first round pick but, it may be tough since there's plenty of good QB's coming out.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2009, 10:50 AM   #6
MVP

Maize08's Arena

OVR: 6

I think he might have been better off staying another year, but financially, he needs to get out now. Its going to be a deep year for Quarterbacks, but as he heals, he should be able to focus on combine and individual workouts. That could make him stand above the rest. I could see Denver being an option for him; Orton for one more year gives the team insurance to get Bradford in, signed and learning.

I still rate him below Clausen, Locker, Tebow and close with McCoy. Plus you have to remember that people will have the lasting memory of how Tony Pike, Pat Devlin, Jevan Snead and potentially Ryan Malett finish the season. All could figure to be a first round pick and could hurt Bradford's stock.

Old 10-26-2009, 10:57 AM   #7
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
You don't think Bradford wanted to come back for that game?
As a competitor, yes, I do believe he wanted to play. Any player who doesn't isn't probably worth a top pick anyway. But the coaching and medical staff should have known better. Here was a kid who gave up NFL millions to come back for the interest of the team (OU) and instead of the team showing the same dedication to him, I feel he was probably nudged a little too much to return.

Let's face it, college ball is not about the players, it's about the money, boosters, and national spotlight. In the NCAA, if a power-house team loses a major cog, generally they have enough talent on the roster to over-come this, which is why more teams cycle through players so quickly. In college football you can win on roster athletic talent alone (see: Steve Spurrier at Florida).

I think the OU program did a disservice to an important player by letting him put his career on the line like that. An NFL franchise would have been more cautious with their star QB; college team, not so much, just plug in the next "stud" and turn the page.

That's just my opinion though.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:58 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

I think it would be smarter to stay another year. His stock has already dropped. Stay 1 more year, go out and have a great year next year with the Sooners and get picked #1 overall in 2011. Granted, that's easier said than done. He could stay another year and get injured again next year.. then his stock in the draft would plummet.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »