Home

Week 8: Broncos @ Ravens

This is a discussion on Week 8: Broncos @ Ravens within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2009, 10:59 PM   #73
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Week 8: Broncos @ Ravens

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
That's fine, since I am the one who said it. As it stands right now, they are the team I don't want to play in the AFC.
Yes. You are the one who said it. lol. I like how you put that.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 11-01-2009, 11:06 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
They can only play the teams on their schedule and so far they've beaten all of them. That said, Miami, Arizona, and San Fran are 3 quality wins IMO. Plus, we're starting to get into the tougher part of our schedule and that started today. Next week we play the Texans who look pretty good so far. Then the Patriots and Ravens, and the Broncos a few weeks after that. Should be fun.
Yes I agree, but come on that is a cake walk schedule you can't base anything off that. The good is they are beating the team that they should beat, so I guess that is good. Ravens will be a fun game for sure. I think Texans will beat them.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:14 PM   #75
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
No argument from me there, but his stats today were about the same as Orton's.
Not really-Joe connected on his last 14 passes and his 80% completion (20 of 25) tied the Raven's franchise record.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2009, 11:18 PM   #76
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Yes I agree, but come on that is a cake walk schedule you can't base anything off that. The good is they are beating the team that they should beat, so I guess that is good. Ravens will be a fun game for sure. I think Texans will beat them.
I certainly agree.. it's the easiest schedule the Colts have played in awhile. But like you said, they're beating the teams they should beat and they're blowing out the bad teams like they should as well. But you're right, you really can't base much off of who they've played. Like I said though, they're schedule certainly gets tougher in the coming weeks.

And I would almost be stunned if the Texans beat us, to be quite honest. They've never matched up with us very well. And they have never stopped Peyton Manning. And now that I actually take a look at the Texans schedule, who really knows how good they are either? Their schedule has been just as easy as ours, if not easier.. and they've lost 3 times while we have yet to lose.

But anyway, let's get back on topic.. we've pretty much hijacked this thread. lol.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 11-01-2009, 11:22 PM   #77
Banned

OVR: 47

My bad, but I think they will beat the Colts this year. Any ways I thought Flacco had a good game today he got me 21 points in FF. So I was happy. I like his leadership and what he is doing is really amazing especially with only being a second year player.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:23 PM   #78

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
I certainly agree.. it's the easiest schedule the Colts have played in awhile. But like you said, they're beating the teams they should beat and they're blowing out the bad teams like they should as well. But you're right, you really can't base much off of who they've played. Like I said though, they're schedule certainly gets tougher in the coming weeks.

And I would almost be stunned if the Texans beat us, to be quite honest. They've never matched up with us very well. And they have never stopped Peyton Manning. And now that I actually take a look at the Texans schedule, who really knows how good they are either? Their schedule has been just as easy as ours, if not easier.. and they've lost 3 times while we have yet to lose.

But anyway, let's get back on topic.. we've pretty much hijacked this thread. lol.
This thread was barely on topic even when the game was going on anyway. No worries.

No team has to apologize for the schedule they have played thus far, it will all work itself out in time.

As of right now, the Colts are the team to beat, over the next few weeks we will certainly find out if that remains true.

The Broncos will continue with their brutal schedule, and should they make the playoffs, that will be nothing but a huge benefit to them.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:36 PM   #79
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Not really-Joe connected on his last 14 passes and his 80% completion (20 of 25) tied the Raven's franchise record.
lol, ok, ok. In no way did I mean to take anything away from Flacco. I think he played a great game. I was just pointing out to Scott that Orton didn't play a bad game, despite his stats. I think Flacco definitely played a better game but I think both played better than their stats can show.

Hope that clears it up. It's almost painful to seem like I'm hating on Flacco. Love that kid.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:38 PM   #80
Banned

OVR: 19

Great game Broncos fans. As others have said, if the Broncos have a glaring weakness, it's that they just aren't built to come back far from behind. However, with that defense, I don't think you guys have to worry too much about that as your team is playing awesome this year. I fully expect them to make and do something in the playoffs as they seem too well coached to suffer an end of the year collapse.

As for the Ravens, the verdict on the defense is still out IMO. Denver didn't test them deep downfield, and when they did, albeit with the help of a bs call, they had success. At this point, I am so sick of refs controlling the game and would much rather them let players play and only call huge penalties like PI if they are obvious. If not, LET THE PLAYERS FREAKING PLAY, lol.

Bengals game will be a great test, and if the defense can play well next week I will be thoroughly impressed. As for Flacco, it really is nuts how much he has progressed. It has almost been like a linear progression from his first preseason game until now. It is very exciting as a Ravens fan to see a qb with what appears to be a limitless window develop at an insane rate right before your eyes.

Ps Denver- Dawkins is still a beast!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »