Home

Week 8: Broncos @ Ravens

This is a discussion on Week 8: Broncos @ Ravens within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2009, 08:08 PM   #33
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Week 8: Broncos @ Ravens

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
It was a terrible matchup for the Broncos. (Not trying to take anything away from the win)

Should the Broncos make the playoffs, I hope to not see the Ravens at all.
The Broncos D definitely held their own. If a playoff game happened in Denver, I wouldn't be surprised if things went a lot different. But the key to beating the Ravens D is throwing it deep and they really only took one shot all game. I hope all the blitzes will mean that won't be as big of a problem going forward, but I also don't think it was in the DEN gameplan. As horrible as that PI call was, with Marshall and our corners, some legit PI calls would've been likely.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:10 PM   #34
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Yeah no big shock here. Orton is a good QB, but he wont take you guys that far. If your Defense and Running game keep doing what they did before this game. You guys will be fine. If not I don't see Orton carrying this team. Though he did look good last week. So you never know it could just be a one bad game. I still like the Broncos. They are a very well coached team.
Orton looked fine. They lost a tackle during the game which always is tough on a QB. He shouldn't have to carry a team, but it's not like he was all over the place or had a bunch of turnovers.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:14 PM   #35
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
He has had fumbling issues but I don't know what else he could've done on that one. I'd have to put the blame on Orton there. He stared him down, pump faked to him and then threw a lob. He set that man up to get crushed.
Can't argue with that, he was hung out to dry. I think Moreno has fumbled every game but one? I need to look it up, maybe its 2 if we're counting the train runover he experienced today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Yeah no big shock here. Orton is a good QB, but he wont take you guys that far. If your Defense and Running game keep doing what they did before this game. You guys will be fine. If not I don't see Orton carrying this team. Though he did look good last week. So you never know it could just be a one bad game. I still like the Broncos. They are a very well coached team.
Can't blame Orton for the craptastic line that showed up to the game and the loss of Ryan Harris didn't help any. Ravens were punching through the line at will. Orton couldn't do anything about it, he's not mobile. He didn't kill the team either, he wasn't turning the ball over.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2009, 08:21 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 47

I see I didn't watch the game I just looked at his stats. That is good. Maybe he is better than I thought. I like Denver's Defense a lot.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:50 PM   #37
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Yeah, the only important stat for Orton in this game is zero turnovers. It's actually kind of impressive that he didn't throw a pick with that pressure (though Suggs dropped one). Same for Flacco. Check out his stats. Both defenses were on their game today.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:04 PM   #38

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Good thing you Ravens won today. Chargers definitely needed that. Both scedules are still pretty tough for the exception that denver is probably going to kill the redskins (unless the defense gets some pick 6's cause thats about the only way there going to score). C'mon Steelers.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:11 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Yeah, the only important stat for Orton in this game is zero turnovers. It's actually kind of impressive that he didn't throw a pick with that pressure (though Suggs dropped one). Same for Flacco. Check out his stats. Both defenses were on their game today.
Flacco is a ****ing stud! Plain and simple. I love that guy!
Old 11-01-2009, 09:17 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Orton doesn't seem to pass the ball down the field that much. So I think it was easier for the Ravens to play D against the Broncos. NExt week is the big week for me to decide this team has turned it around. We get the Bengals again. We either pay them back or hope teams start losing to get into the playoffs. Having Gaither against the Bengals this time is going to be helpful I think.
The Bengal game will be tough. A bye week to refresh after shellacking the Bears 45-10, with Benson approaching 200 yards rushing. Good news-it looks like Ngata will be OK-X-Rays were negative and he said he could have stayed in the game.
Flacco-Mason
Webb 95 Yard TD

Last edited by JayBee74; 11-01-2009 at 09:20 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »