Home

Week 8: 49ers @ Colts

This is a discussion on Week 8: 49ers @ Colts within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2009, 04:57 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28
Week 8: 49ers @ Colts

San Francisco is looking for a win after dropping 3 out of their last 4 to the Vikings, Falcons, and Texans. Meanwhile the Colts are on a roll, 6-0, and have beaten their last 4 opponents by a combined score of 138-42.

For the Colts, it's the same gameplan as always.. shutdown the run game defensively, force Alex Smith to pass the ball and have Peyton and co. give us the lead early and run away with it late. I'm not too sure what to expect, I could see us blowing them out, but I could also see the Niners giving us a tough challenge.

For the 49ers, pressure Peyton, score TD's and not FG's, chew up the clock with the run game.. it's pretty much that simple for them. If they can do that they'll have a chance.

Like I said, I'm not sure what to expect as I could see it being close or it being a blowout. But I'll say it's semi close throughout most of the game, but Indy will put it away in the 4th. That said.. 30-17, Colts.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2009, 05:27 PM   #2
GO RAYS!!!

daniverson1973's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Week 8: 49ers @ Colts

IMO, not a good game for Alex Smith to start, but we'll see what he can do.
The Colts are really rolling right now, and in the niners last 2 games, theyve really exposed their pass defense, also not a good thing going up against the best quarterback in the NFL

Colts 38-14
Old 10-28-2009, 07:10 PM   #3

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

I dont like our chances at all. Smith will not be as successful as he was last week and Peyton will pick us apart. If we are smart we run Gore 25+ times this game and copy what Miami tried to do by limiting the Colts TOP but instead we create a turnover or two during the course of the game to keep things close.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:28 PM   #4
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

31-20 Colts with the W.

If the 49ers can somehow hold the Colts to about 20 points, I think they win, but if it's high scoring at all, Colts all day.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 10-29-2009, 09:20 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 8

I am thinking Indy will come out playing well after they got a bit of the rust (in terms of passing) off against the rams. I expect they will go back to using the RBs more in the passing game (which is a GOOD thing...didn't like the passing gameplan vs St Louis) and we'll see a nice efficient passing offense. The one issue of course will be protection and if they can do a good job there and by protection I don't simply mean looking at if Manning gets sacked but the pocket size he has and time to throw. Oh and injuries...I am expecting Wayne and Brown to play but if they aren't full on feeling tip-top then I hope they sit out. If they do sit out then I am expecting a much worse offensive performance since garcon is not proving anything to me lately.

On defense I think they'll come out and do well on run D because of last week's 2nd half lackluster effort and I think they'll do well on pass D. I also expect Bob to be much more useful this game and actually be a factor.

I think they will win but it may be closer than most are expecting. All depends on the injury issue.

All I know is I just want this team to be healthy for that Pats game and if it means sitting guys for the next two weeks then sit them.

Last edited by steveo; 10-29-2009 at 09:23 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2009, 07:57 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 16

I actually think the 9ers will win this game.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:18 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiasco West
I actually think the 9ers will win this game.
The only way I see the 49ers winning this game is if Gore can run the ball effectively. If he can do that, they'll have a chance. Otherwise, I don't think there's any way they win.. Alex Smith isn't going to out-duel Peyton Manning.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Last edited by z Revis; 10-30-2009 at 10:21 AM.
Old 10-30-2009, 03:57 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
The only way I see the 49ers winning this game is if Gore can run the ball effectively. If he can do that, they'll have a chance. Otherwise, I don't think there's any way they win.. Alex Smith isn't going to out-duel Peyton Manning.
Yep Gore is the reason why. I feel he's going to have a good day.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »