Home

NY @ Philly

This is a discussion on NY @ Philly within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2009, 10:25 PM   #33

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: NY @ Philly

I'm not comparing the chargers O-line with the Philly's or NYG's. I'll tade O-lines with NYG any day. Philly's O-line has been banged up, so that presents some hope for good penatration and even though Its not consistant chargers have a pretty solid secondary. If I was comparing NYG's O-line it would be to the Broncos because, of the running attack and pass protection. I only meant NYG because, It seems thier secondary is depleted and Philly is a whole different beast right now.

I'm not doubting eithers defense which could give Rivers a bad day If he doesn't have time to get the ball down field (that goes for just about any QB). I wouldn't be surprised to see Hardwick back by the Philly game, I'd say he would be doubtful. He's been limited in practice this week or last week not sure, but I'd like to see him in the philly game as long as he's good to go.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:44 PM   #34
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Philly's line was a mess against Oakland, but got a bit more healthy against WAS and I think was all the way back today (not positive but I think so). Hopefully Hardwick can get back soon. I want to see what LT REALLY looks like. We'll never know without that guy in there.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:08 AM   #35

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Philly's line was a mess against Oakland, but got a bit more healthy against WAS and I think was all the way back today (not positive but I think so). Hopefully Hardwick can get back soon. I want to see what LT REALLY looks like. We'll never know without that guy in there.
It would definitely help but, the right side and middle of our line is the real weakness. Although with players hurt eft and right the O-line has picked up the running game and has gotten a little better at picking up blitzes. They couldn't pick up a blitz to say there life in the broncos game but, other than that the O-line was solid. LT I think will maybe barely break 1,000 yards or barely miss it.

IMO If the chargers draft right and maybe pick up some decent guys in free agency for that O-line I think LT and Sproles will be more consistant. Vasquez was a 2nd or 3rd round pick and he's starting in his rookie year, of course there wasn't to much talent on the line to try and knock off though. I don't expect much out of the chargers this year, but a wild card spot and maybe not even that much.

Some people say the window of opportunity is closing but, I don't think for long term. The chargers have alot of talent and only need a few peices to finish the puzzle. Not drafting high on the D-line/O-line has come back to hurt the chargers with drafting these corners and linebackers. Chargers just need a few more solid guys on the O-line, future NT(extremely hard to find), and possibly a new ILB.

Don't exactly need superstar type players for every position I listed but, just good solid all around players to fill in. The chargers will never win a championship or get close to one if there not willing to pay for the pieces you need especially in free angency. I'm not really worried about it this year I just want alot of that offensive players re-signed and a few key defensive players pending there production.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2009, 11:07 AM   #36
#faceuary2014

ScoobySnax's Arena

OVR: 30

The schedule doesn't get any easier for the Giants. As a 'Boys fan, I like the recent (future?) mishaps. Keep it up Eli.
PSN: xxplosive1984
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/os_scoobysnax/profile

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »