Home

Hayden, Sanders down for Indy

This is a discussion on Hayden, Sanders down for Indy within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2009, 03:14 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Hayden, Sanders down for Indy

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
Bob Sanders is a joke of a football player. This isn't the sport for him. Dude is like paper thin, wind would knock this guy out for the season. He misses the first 6-7 weeks, comes back and plays only two games with LIMITED play time and manages to get hurt again. He's not worth the cap space, IMO.

As far as the other injuries, Marlin Jackson hasn't played much this year anyways and even when he played he wasn't in the starting lineup. I still feel bad for him though, his 2nd straight season ending injury. As for Hayden, that hurts but we have some guys who will step right in and fill the role. I'm not too worried about it. But it does suck to not be at full strength and it sucks even more because this is the worst time for injuries to start piling up as the meat of our schedule is upon us.

Overall I'm not that worried. Sanders has only played two games this year, Jackson hasn't played since like September and he wasn't even the starter, and Hayden has missed 3 games(i think) this year already and we've been fine. I'm not trying to ignore the injuries or anything, because it does suck, but our defense is sort of injury favorable in that we can plug in just about anyone and wouldn't miss a beat. The only irreplaceable guys on defense are Freeney and Mathis. We need that pass rush.
That's pretty harsh about Sanders. Without him do you think they would have won it all a couple years ago? It would have definitely been much tougher. I commend the guy for throwing his body around, why would you want him to hold back, he wouldn't be the same.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:21 PM   #10
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's_what_she_said
That's pretty harsh about Sanders. Without him do you think they would have won it all a couple years ago? It would have definitely been much tougher. I commend the guy for throwing his body around, why would you want him to hold back, he wouldn't be the same.
You can't hold onto a guy b/c of what he did 2-3 years ago. The guy is too injury prone. I believe their defense is 1st in scoring this season so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 11-06-2009, 03:49 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW McGraw
I guess the question then becomes would you rather have an elite Bob Sanders who plays balls to the walls football for half a season or an average starter for 16 games?
It's no longer half a season. He's missed more games than he's played. How many games did he play last year? Like 6? And so far just two games this year and probably won't play again for awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
lol so it's a bad thing that he plays hard enough to where he's not concerned with whether he gets injured or not. Fans are ridiculous sometimes.
How am I being ridiculous? You'd take a player and the contract that Sanders has when he misses more games than he plays? That's not being ridiculous at all. He's not worth the money he's getting and let's not forget how many games he's missed the last two seasons.. I really doubt he's the same player that he was a few years ago after missing so much time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
You can't hold onto a guy b/c of what he did 2-3 years ago. The guy is too injury prone. I believe their defense is 1st in scoring this season so far.
Exactly. We've been fine without him. He was a big difference on our defense 2-3 years ago, but that was 2-3 years ago.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2009, 03:55 PM   #12
We'll waste him too.

snepp's Arena

OVR: 32

Does this mean you changed your mind about Sanders being one of the most overrated DB's in the league?
Old 11-06-2009, 03:57 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by snepp
Does this mean you changed your mind about Sanders being one of the most overrated DB's in the league?
You talking to me? When did I say he was overrated?
Old 11-06-2009, 03:59 PM   #14
We'll waste him too.

snepp's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
You talking to me? When did I say he was overrated?
You didn't, you argued vehemently that he wasn't overrated.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:02 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by snepp
You didn't, you argued vehemently that he wasn't overrated.
I still stand by what I said on that particular day. Of course now I don't think as highly of him because A. he never plays and B. he's missed too much time to not lose some of his skill.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2009, 04:12 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
No one is saying that the Colts desperately need him. Injury prone is a term that is misused all the time. Bob Sanders can't help that his knees are giving him out or that someone fell on his knee. His body is no different than the other guys out there on the field, he's just had back luck when it comes to injuries. You can't really argue that the way he plays gets him injured either. Look at Cadillac Williams, two years ago he had a horrible knee injury. Last year he comes back and has the exact same injury on the other knee. Does that mean he's injury prone? No it's just unfortunate.

Talk about adding insult to injury, come on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »