Home

DeSean Jackson hires Drew Rosenhaus

This is a discussion on DeSean Jackson hires Drew Rosenhaus within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2009, 02:01 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 15
Re: DeSean Jackson hires Drew Rosenhaus

why am i not surprised. another one bites the dust.
Old 11-13-2009, 02:11 PM   #10
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Lots of players hire Rosenhaus, lots of players ARE NOT Terrell Owens. By all accounts DJ has been a professional on/off the field so can we please give him a little credit instead of thinking this will be another saga.

Old 11-13-2009, 02:24 PM   #11
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
Lots of players hire Rosenhaus, lots of players ARE NOT Terrell Owens. By all accounts DJ has been a professional on/off the field so can we please give him a little credit instead of thinking this will be another saga.

I love me some DJax but "professional on" the field may raise an eyebrow considering his missed TD bc he chucked the ball (and almost did it again). It was also said when he was drafted that he had a little "TO" in him. I agree, he hasn't displayed anything that would warrant being compared to TO to this point but there are some red flags and hiring this douche is one of them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2009, 05:11 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:

In fairness to Drew he didn't create TO's contract with the Eagles and if TO had Drew as his agent the Eagles mess could have been avoided. Drew is a respected agent and DJ made a good choice.

Now if the Eagles management may not want to pay him but you can't blame the Eagles frugality on a agent.
Old 11-13-2009, 05:41 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

Wow. DeSean Jackson AND Drew Rosenhaus? Talk about hell. Good luck with that one, Eagles. DJ is one cocky son of a snitch.
Old 11-13-2009, 08:08 PM   #14
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
I love me some DJax but "professional on" the field may raise an eyebrow considering his missed TD bc he chucked the ball (and almost did it again). It was also said when he was drafted that he had a little "TO" in him. I agree, he hasn't displayed anything that would warrant being compared to TO to this point but there are some red flags and hiring this douche is one of them.
Yea...figured someone would hold that missed TD against him. However, that was one maybe two instances in what...24 games played. Yet we still want to dwell on that one thing? If it was a common theme then it would be a problem. Otherwise I just chalk it up to someone a little "over zealous" on the primetime stage.

...lots of things are said when players are drafted. Gosh...I'd imagine any WR at this point w/ a little flare and confidence might get some "TO" comparisons.

oh...and Grunt...you stay backing up your boy TO don't you.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:58 PM   #15
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcurtain311
He's probably going to try and demand top WR in the NFL kind of money, which I find silly. He's a HR threat guy, a burner, but that's it. The best WR's are guys who will catch the ball 10+ times a game, take over games, beat great defenses, etc.. Does DeSean Jackson do any of these things? Not really. Most good defenses will probably shut him out completely. I consider him a playmaker and everything, a good WR, but I don't like this. He's not worth best in the game kind of money at all.
This is actually completely false because DeSean has shown possession receiver skills, especially going over the middle. Nowhere near just being a home run threat. You see this when a real QB is throwing him the ball. Same with Brent Celek.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2009, 09:29 PM   #16
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Yea...figured someone would hold that missed TD against him. However, that was one maybe two instances in what...24 games played. Yet we still want to dwell on that one thing? If it was a common theme then it would be a problem. Otherwise I just chalk it up to someone a little "over zealous" on the primetime stage.

...lots of things are said when players are drafted. Gosh...I'd imagine any WR at this point w/ a little flare and confidence might get some "TO" comparisons.

oh...and Grunt...you stay backing up your boy TO don't you.
It was a stupid situation but I don't think he's stupid. I'm not dwelling on it at all. The problem with it is it shows his cockiness... not bc he screwed it up but bc he would do it in the first place. Things are said at the draft and then you look to see if there's more proof. The missed TD and almost missed TD after that is proof. Hiring this douche is proof. We can hope it doesn't get to the TO level but so far he hasn't shaken that idea at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
This is actually completely false because DeSean has shown possession receiver skills, especially going over the middle. Nowhere near just being a home run threat. You see this when a real QB is throwing him the ball. Same with Brent Celek.
Yeah, that's what he looked like last year but he's stepped his game up big time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »