Home

DeSean Jackson hires Drew Rosenhaus

This is a discussion on DeSean Jackson hires Drew Rosenhaus within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2009, 10:15 PM   #17
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: DeSean Jackson hires Drew Rosenhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
It was a stupid situation but I don't think he's stupid. I'm not dwelling on it at all. The problem with it is it shows his cockiness... not bc he screwed it up but bc he would do it in the first place. Things are said at the draft and then you look to see if there's more proof. The missed TD and almost missed TD after that is proof. Hiring this douche is proof. We can hope it doesn't get to the TO level but so far he hasn't shaken that idea at all.
Again...one or two instances out of 24 played games. The 23 other played games he's had opportunities to be a showboat similar to last years MNF debacleas, but has not.

So we're going to hold this one thing against him and stamp him "unprofessional". When he was a rookie, playing in a BIG game, and making an exciting play?

The fact that you haven't seen that happen again speaks to his professionalism because you damn sure know Andy and Co. spoke to him about that play.

He ain't on the sidelines like TO in SF yelling "Come on Jeff! Come on Jeff!" and he ain't over in #5's ear every chance he can get when on the sideline. There is no potential for him being TO other than the conclusion one wants to draw because he's a WR, a WR on Philly, a WR on Philly who just signed an agent that Philly had a long drawn out saga with.

But hey..."No Comment".
Old 11-15-2009, 11:13 AM   #18
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12

this is gonna get good
Old 11-15-2009, 01:32 PM   #19
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
Again...one or two instances out of 24 played games. The 23 other played games he's had opportunities to be a showboat similar to last years MNF debacleas, but has not.

So we're going to hold this one thing against him and stamp him "unprofessional". When he was a rookie, playing in a BIG game, and making an exciting play?

The fact that you haven't seen that happen again speaks to his professionalism because you damn sure know Andy and Co. spoke to him about that play.

He ain't on the sidelines like TO in SF yelling "Come on Jeff! Come on Jeff!" and he ain't over in #5's ear every chance he can get when on the sideline. There is no potential for him being TO other than the conclusion one wants to draw because he's a WR, a WR on Philly, a WR on Philly who just signed an agent that Philly had a long drawn out saga with.

But hey..."No Comment".
You're working way too hard to defend him. I never said he was unprofessional. And you know as well as anyone that there have been PLENTY of other times that he's been a showboat. They just haven't been stupid like that one. And the fact that it happened almost twice is telling enough considering you won't catch many WRs doing it once in their entire career. Either way, you sound like you're trying to say DJax isn't a showboat. Please tell me that's not what you're trying to say.
Old 11-15-2009, 06:27 PM   #20
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
You're working way too hard to defend him. I never said he was unprofessional. And you know as well as anyone that there have been PLENTY of other times that he's been a showboat. They just haven't been stupid like that one. And the fact that it happened almost twice is telling enough considering you won't catch many WRs doing it once in their entire career. Either way, you sound like you're trying to say DJax isn't a showboat. Please tell me that's not what you're trying to say.
I could careless if he show boats. It was once a common thing in the NFL. If it costs you a TD than it's overdone, but had no problem with Joe Horn and his cell phone and he was a professional. Every WR showboats, or at least the good ones do. Not every one who showboats is some potential cancer either.

...but it's all good. Whatever happens...happens, and I'll still be an Eagles fan either way. Go Birds...(even though you're getting trounced out west again as I type. ugh).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »