Home

Browns would give LeBron a shot, if he's serious

This is a discussion on Browns would give LeBron a shot, if he's serious within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2009, 11:10 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: Browns would give LeBron a shot, if he's serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by swill43507
He get's hit with one shot from Ray Lewis and it's over for King James.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolan273
Might also be good at getting knocked the hell out by Ed Reed

I find both of these hard to believe just because Lebron is very similar in speed but much heavier. He would have more mass coming into the contact.

Ray Lewis and Ed Reed look cool blowing up guys there size and smaller, but if they come against someone with more mass behind them, I think the situation changes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2009, 11:51 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1

Football is such a brutal, physical sport that if you don't condition your body for it then you can suffer big time.
Not anymore it isn't. It's watered down powder puff these days compared to what it used to be. These days you get flagged for even breathing on recievers.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:55 AM   #27
Rookie

nolan273's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by The C
I find both of these hard to believe just because Lebron is very similar in speed but much heavier. He would have more mass coming into the contact.

Ray Lewis and Ed Reed look cool blowing up guys there size and smaller, but if they come against someone with more mass behind them, I think the situation changes.

I don't think you necessarily have to have 'more mass' to blast somebody and put them to sleep for a few seconds..... And IMO, the argument is moot. LeBron probably won't EVER play a down for the Browns. I think we all realize that, but it does make for interesting conversation.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:00 PM   #28
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
Not anymore it isn't. It's watered down powder puff these days compared to what it used to be. These days you get flagged for even breathing on recievers.
Don't make it seem like it's ballet out there. It's still way more physical and brutal then anything LeBron has ever done in his life. LeBron would be KILLED if he ever attempted this. I can imagine Bron going down the middle, getting knocked silly and being out for a few weeks with a concussion.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 11-19-2009, 01:19 PM   #29
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Don't make it seem like it's ballet out there. It's still way more physical and brutal then anything LeBron has ever done in his life. LeBron would be KILLED if he ever attempted this. I can imagine Bron going down the middle, getting knocked silly and being out for a few weeks with a concussion.
Why doesn't this happen to every other receiver?

What makes LeBron so much weaker than everyone else?
Old 11-19-2009, 01:25 PM   #30
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeno
Why doesn't this happen to every other receiver?

What makes LeBron so much weaker than everyone else?
I'm not saying LeBron is weaker it's just that he's not used to being hit in that way. It's like taking a guy off the street and asking him to play WR in the NFL. Either he's gonna get seriously hurt or concussed.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 11-19-2009, 01:41 PM   #31
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

He'd make a pretty good safety if he would have learned the position.

EG,

Did he play both ways in High School (pause)?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2009, 01:49 PM   #32
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
I'm not saying LeBron is weaker it's just that he's not used to being hit in that way. It's like taking a guy off the street and asking him to play WR in the NFL. Either he's gonna get seriously hurt or concussed.
He's not some guy off the street though. He's a freakish athlete who is in amazing shape. It's not football shape but considering his age, his body and his current crazy abilities I don't think getting in football shape would be a problem. I also don't think he'd be a WR anyway. If we're talking seriously about this (it'd never happen) he'd likely be a TE or play defense (probably DE or OLB). If LBJ gave up basketball today and committed to football I think he'd be a solid NFL player. If he made the switch in HS I think he'd be an all pro year in and out (and maybe at WR but I still think he'd play a different position).

A 6'9" 260lb man who had the frame for that body while just a sophomore in high school, and runs probably a good 4.5 40 isn't likely to be knocked out as easily as you may think. BTW, lots of punt/kick returners are guys off the street and they get hit pretty much every time they step on the field and are a lot smaller than LBJ.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »