Home

Browns would give LeBron a shot, if he's serious

This is a discussion on Browns would give LeBron a shot, if he's serious within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2009, 01:51 PM   #33
MVP

Maxattax3's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Browns would give LeBron a shot, if he's serious

He would be great if he had played at a high level his whole life.

If he went out now he would get hit one time by an NFL linebacker and say "Nevermind."

There is a reason football is only played once a week.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:51 PM   #34
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

That may be true wwharton but i'm highly skeptical that LBJ would be that serious about this especially when he can make more money with less aggravation as an NBAer.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 11-19-2009, 01:54 PM   #35
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
He'd make a pretty good safety if he would have learned the position.

EG,

Did he play both ways in High School (pause)?
No, was just a WR. I only saw 2-3 games, and he never lined up anywhere but WR. Not saying he didn't ever play any other positions, but he was their #1 target WR.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2009, 01:55 PM   #36
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Like someone else said, he's never going to play for the Browns or any other NFL team. But it's an interesting topic.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 11-19-2009, 02:02 PM   #37
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
That may be true wwharton but i'm highly skeptical that LBJ would be that serious about this especially when he can make more money with less aggravation as an NBAer.
The entire conversation isn't serious, lol. Even if he was seriously considering something like this it'd be after he'd won multiple championships in the NBA, at which point he'd be too old to even consider it. Every argument is based on hypotheticals.

So, with that said, if he were serious based on his body, age, freakish athletic ability and obvious commitment to hard work I think he'd be a pretty good player. Gates is a good example and Tony Gonzalez actually played in the CBA (probably would've been good enough to be an NBA player had he committed to it). Ronald Curry, Charlie Ward, Julius Peppers... there are plenty of players in both sports that could've been good pros had they decided to go the other way. I don't think you'd ever see a player playing both sports at the same time but plenty could be good enough to play the other sport with enough commitment and time to get in football/basketball shape.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:09 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
I'm not saying LeBron is weaker it's just that he's not used to being hit in that way. It's like taking a guy off the street and asking him to play WR in the NFL. Either he's gonna get seriously hurt or concussed.
Despite what some people on here want to believe pro football players are not some superhuman creature, they are human too, and lebron james isn't some bum that has been sitting on his couch for the last 7 years, he is a professional athlete in very good physical condition. There might be some adjustment getting mentally used to getting hit constantly but physically his body is probably strong enough to take it and he is probably as close to being in football shape as a lot of guys are when they show up for OTAs at the beginning of the season.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:56 PM   #39
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
I'm not saying LeBron is weaker it's just that he's not used to being hit in that way. It's like taking a guy off the street and asking him to play WR in the NFL. Either he's gonna get seriously hurt or concussed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
He's not some guy off the street though. He's a freakish athlete who is in amazing shape. It's not football shape but considering his age, his body and his current crazy abilities I don't think getting in football shape would be a problem.
I echo wwharton here. LeBron is a great athlete who, given a little time to train, could certainly get in football shape.

And avoiding concussions doesn't really have much to do with being in football shape or being a football player. Some people get them easier than others. The only thing that could really help is body control (to be able to avoid contact to the head and to make sure the contact went to a different part of the body) and we all know LeBron and most NBA players have tremendous body control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
I also don't think he'd be a WR anyway. If we're talking seriously about this (it'd never happen) he'd likely be a TE or play defense (probably DE or OLB).
Same thing I said. Could you imagine if he spent 3 or 4 years in college learning DE and building up his body? A 6-8 defensive end with THAT kind of athleticism? Crazy.

I just couldn't see him being a WR... and maybe that's because we just don't see many WR's over 6-5... but I don't see him as being agile enough to shake some of these little corners who have such great speed in a ten-yard box. And, given his frame, his 40 speed is probably no faster than 4.55 (pure guestimation there), so he wouldn't have a huge advantage in that aspect over most corners and safeties.

Where he would be valuable as a TE/WR would be near the end zone. Who could beat him a jump ball? It would be ridiculous.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Like someone else said, he's never going to play for the Browns or any other NFL team. But it's an interesting topic.
hahaha, of course he's not going to be serious. It's purely hypothetical. The seasons coincide too much for him to go both ways and he's making a ton of money in the NBA and not getting beat up nearly as much as he would in the NBA.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:55 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 46

I think a player like that needs to stay with his sport. Look at Joe Mauer. He could have been a monster qb for florida state, and now he is one of the best hitters in baseball. LeBron needs to just stick with his own sport because usually when athletes do this they have no clue what they are getting in to

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »