Home

Steelers fan says he was poisoned, left blind at Chicago bar

This is a discussion on Steelers fan says he was poisoned, left blind at Chicago bar within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2009, 10:37 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Steelers fan says he was poisoned, left blind at Chicago bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
Thank god you guys aren't jurors.

They don't even have any blood work? They don't have anything to even show he was poisoned. This was 2 months ago. And they never did tests? Or did they leave that part out of the story? There's no proof of anything here.
Let's put 2 and 2 together. The Steeler fan was hospitalized. I'm sure the hospital ran tests to figure out why he was having the problems he was having. They didn't just admit him and hoped he got better.

My guess is you aren't getting all the information because I'm sure an impending lawsuit is coming. Last I heard they were still looking for the guys who bought the Steeler fan a drink. It is a bit odd that the one Steeler fan who drank the drink offered by the Bears fan gets very sick yet the other fans in the group who didn't drink their drinks, are fine.

This story has been publicized around Pittsburgh for the last few days. Here's more:

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/...54/detail.html

Last edited by mjb2124; 11-19-2009 at 10:39 AM.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:58 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 55

Quote:
There's no proof of anything here.
As a matter of fact, there is.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:15 AM   #11
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Thank god you guys aren't jurors.

They don't even have any blood work? They don't have anything to even show he was poisoned. This was 2 months ago. And they never did tests? Or did they leave that part out of the story? There's no proof of anything here.
There's probable cause. A motive at the very least. Thank God you're not a juror either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2009, 11:29 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Wow, that is crazy and sad.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:53 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
There's probable cause. A motive at the very least. Thank God you're not a juror either.
Is lawsuit one of them? There's a reason that two months later nothing has been said. He says he can't remember anything about that day. Why is this coming out now? What lawyer has he been talking to? The cops are gonna check the closed circuit footage at the bar. Let's see if they find someone with jug of antifreeze pouring it into his cocktail.

If this happened to me, I wouldn't wait 2 months. Would you?

Last edited by Jistic; 11-19-2009 at 12:09 PM.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:05 PM   #14
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

This is why I hesitate to even go out to bars and stuff when a football game is going on. Something stupid like this could happen to anyone. Still, the people that did this to this guy are classless and stupid.

Hopefully they get the full wrath of the law.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 11-19-2009, 12:24 PM   #15
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Is lawsuit one of them? There's a reason that two months later nothing has been said. He says he can't remember anything about that day. Why is this coming out now? What lawyer has he been talking to? The cops are gonna check the closed circuit footage at the bar. Let's see if they find someone with jug of antifreeze pouring it into his cocktail.

If this happened to me, I wouldn't wait 2 months. Would you?
Wait...huh? There's been no confirmation that there was a security camera at the bar. I'd suspect IF there was that the investigators could've narrowed down a list of suspects by now and maybe had someone in cuffs. I'm going to assume that trying to find out who was at the bar, during this incident, with no video evidence, gives way to why they haven't been able to nail down a suspect. Sorry, can't come up with an analogy right now for how hard that would be...

Regardless, how do you explain how a seemingly healthy middle-aged man nearly dies FOUR times, loses his vision, and can only tie the cause back to a drink he had at a bar where it was offered to him by another group of patrons who his group nearly fought with? How? Doctors, paramedics, etc. suspect fowl play with the drink, suspect some sort of moonshine or grain alchohol was added to it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2009, 12:43 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
Wait...huh? There's been no confirmation that there was a security camera at the bar. I'd suspect IF there was that the investigators could've narrowed down a list of suspects by now and maybe had someone in cuffs. I'm going to assume that trying to find out who was at the bar, during this incident, with no video evidence, gives way to why they haven't been able to nail down a suspect. Sorry, can't come up with an analogy right now for how hard that would be...

Regardless, how do you explain how a seemingly healthy middle-aged man nearly dies FOUR times, loses his vision, and can only tie the cause back to a drink he had at a bar where it was offered to him by another group of patrons who his group nearly fought with? How? Doctors, paramedics, etc. suspect fowl play with the drink, suspect some sort of moonshine or grain alchohol was added to it.
Dude admits not remembering ANYTHING about the day. He's taking the word of the other drunken people that were with him.

Secondly.

Quote:
Chicago police are investigating the allegations. They plan to scour footage from closed-circuit cameras inside the bar.
http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local...-70285092.html

So far EVERYTHING in this report is heresy by the guy that remembers nothing of that day, and his wife that wasn't there. Sure something happened, but what?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »