Home

Vikings extend contract with Brad Childress through 2013

This is a discussion on Vikings extend contract with Brad Childress through 2013 within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2009, 09:08 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Vikings extend contract with Brad Childress through 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
He has sidney rice, who wasn't really anything before this, producing like a top 10, maybe even top 5 reciever...
This is what I'm talking about you not watching these games. What Rice is doing this year is pretty much no surprise to Vikings fans. It was obvious in his rookie year that he had a lot of potential. But then a knee injury made him miss half of last season and significantly limited his effectiveness in the second half the season. Now that he's healthy and getting serious playing time, like I said, it's not a surprise that he's producing.

No offense, but I'm just not interested in a discussion where we just try and parse stats to make our points. That's usually better than nothing, but it almost always falls short of actually watching the player or the games being discussed.
Old 11-21-2009, 09:56 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet Bandit
This is what I'm talking about you not watching these games. What Rice is doing this year is pretty much no surprise to Vikings fans. It was obvious in his rookie year that he had a lot of potential. But then a knee injury made him miss half of last season and significantly limited his effectiveness in the second half the season. Now that he's healthy and getting serious playing time, like I said, it's not a surprise that he's producing.

No offense, but I'm just not interested in a discussion where we just try and parse stats to make our points. That's usually better than nothing, but it almost always falls short of actually watching the player or the games being discussed.
You could tell back when he was in south carolina that he had talent and he showed flashes of it throughout his first couple years making some nice catches and yeah, he was kinda banged up and missed a couple games but even when there he was nothing near as consistant or explosive as he has been this year providing a very solid big play threat.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:04 AM   #59
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet Bandit

I'll take stats overall vs gut feelings any day of the week

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »