Home

Steelers @ Chiefs

This is a discussion on Steelers @ Chiefs within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-23-2009, 01:02 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: Steelers @ Chiefs

With the drops he's had I wouldn't shed a tear for Sweed, a shame too because the guy can get open. His confidence is just shot but the word is he's had a great month of practice. We shall see. Wallace has panned out nicely and has made some huge plays for us this year. A couple of gaffes too but he's been very good overall.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2009, 01:06 PM   #42
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
With the drops he's had I wouldn't shed a tear for Sweed, a shame too because the guy can get open. His confidence is just shot but the word is he's had a great month of practice. We shall see. Wallace has panned out nicely and has made some huge plays for us this year. A couple of gaffes too but he's been very good overall.
I knew you would answer yes to this one. really at this point i don't know who they could even consider to use as a second qb. My biggest issue with the steelers is their inability to develop second string qbs they depended on batch for 5 years now. apparently he pretty frail at this point. Hopefully Dixon does good he looked good in preseason, but its preseason.
Old 11-23-2009, 01:33 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Behind our porous line i'd MUCH rather have Dixon in the game than Batch. Lefty was immobile, and Batch is 10 times worse. At least Dixon can move around and escape a crumbling pocket and make some things happen. I wasn't a fan of re-signing Batch in the first place. Give Dixon a chance to show what he can do if Ben can't go (and if he's concussed then he shouldn't go).
There's no way I want to see Dennis Dixon on the field against a Ravens pass rush. A good portion of avoiding the rush is setting up the blocking assignments for the OLINE (although I suppose someone on the line could handle that for Dixon). IMO no matter how we slice it, Dixon wouldn't stand a chance against the Ravens...

FWIW, the Steelers are talking to Jeff Garcia according to a few sites and have scheduled a tryout for him tomorrow. We'll see what happens....
Old 11-23-2009, 01:43 PM   #44
Banned

I wouldn't have a problem with bringing in Garcia at all. I like the way that guy plays.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:54 PM   #45
Pro

DreadedSteeler's Arena

OVR: 8

Apparently they are also contacting Cleo Lemon.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/11/23/roet...rs-optimistic/

Yeah I would much prefer Garcia, but could either run Arians...um...offense?

Mendenhall should see more carries now, but good luck against the Ravens D with no passing game if Ben is unable to go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2009, 03:02 PM   #46
Banned

Cleo Lemon......now THAT I object to. I'd rather bring back Bubby than bring Lemon in.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:34 PM   #47
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Cleo Lemon......now THAT I object to. I'd rather bring back Bubby than bring Lemon in.
Hey i liked bubby he did good for the eagles
Old 11-23-2009, 03:43 PM   #48
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
I knew you would answer yes to this one. really at this point i don't know who they could even consider to use as a second qb. My biggest issue with the steelers is their inability to develop second string qbs they depended on batch for 5 years now. apparently he pretty frail at this point. Hopefully Dixon does good he looked good in preseason, but its preseason.
I don't know why that is. They develop great depth everywhere else, but pretty much never at QB.
71 carrer INTs (#3 All-Time), 12 ret for TDs (#1 All-Time), 1483 Int Return Yards (#1 All-Time)
Member of NFL 75th Anniversary All-Time Team (Along with 5 other Steelers)

http://www.nfl.com/history/legends/75th-anniversary

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »