Home

Brett Favre

This is a discussion on Brett Favre within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2009, 10:31 PM   #9
All Star

OVR: 8
Re: Brett Favre

Yeah I remember there was a lot of trashing Favre on these boards when Favre first signed, and all those people are eating their words right now

I'm happy to see him put together what is probably statistically his best season of his career. The Vikings are a tough team to beat right now with a balanced offense and a pretty good defense. If he stays healthy we could have quite the game set up for the NFC championship if everything lines up with Vikings and Saints.

As for MVP I think you could give it to any of those 3 guys and be fine. This might be a year where we have co-mvps again
Old 11-22-2009, 10:35 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27

Favre deserved to be trashed.

Recall why he was trashed.

I'm not apologizing for that one bit.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Old 11-22-2009, 10:46 PM   #11
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Who doesnt think Favre is a top 5 all time great?

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2009, 10:58 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 17

Favre was trashed for his character (or lackthereof). His play doesn't atone for his behavior and conduct.

One of the top 5 QB's ever? Yeah. Also one of the biggest dirtbags ever too.

And let's not get ahead of ourselves here. People were saying the same thing last year as of week 11. He hasn't exactly played what anbybody could call a tough schedule. The Lions twice (31st rated defense), the Browns (32nd rated defense), the 49ers (21st rated defense), the Rams (27th rated defense), the Seahwaks (20th rated defense). he's played 3 teams this year against an actual good defense. I'll give him credit for for the Ravens and Packers. But excuse me if I don't kneel at his feet for shredding teams like the Rams, the Lions (twice), the Browns, and the Seahwaks.

Yeah the guy can still play. Whoopdee do. Too bad the damage has already been done to his image and reputation. Now we all know what a scumbag liar he is and thankfully it's a matter of public record.

Last edited by metallicatz; 11-22-2009 at 11:14 PM.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:00 PM   #13
Pro

bucksfan07's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
Favre was trashed for his character (or lackthereof). His play doesn't atone for his behavior and conduct.

QFT!

Old 11-22-2009, 11:01 PM   #14
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:

This is why these debates lose their fun, people make it so personal. How is he a dirtbag? Because he couldn't decide if he wanted to retire or not?

Since when does the fan dictate how long someone should play? So he waffled? Who cares? If another team wants to pick him up they can (and they did).

We don't know anything about the guy other than what the TV chooses to show us. The retirement stuff looked bad, but all of the teammates that have said how much they loved playing with the guy looks good. We have no clue what he's like behind the scenes honestly, so how in the world do you know he's a "dirtbag"?

His love for the game is obvious, as is his greatness... those things I can SEE. And that's what I care about when deciding his place in history.

Old 11-22-2009, 11:09 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 17

Keep telling yourself that. The media doesn't create Brett Favre quotes. Brett Favre does. The media doesn't control his actions. Brett Favre does.

If you think the only issue has been "wishiwashiness" then you haven't been paying close enough attention over the last few years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2009, 11:16 PM   #16
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Keep telling yourself that. The media doesn't create Brett Favre quotes. Brett Favre does. The media doesn't control his actions. Brett Favre does.

If you think the only issue has been "wishiwashiness" then you haven't been paying close enough attention over the last few years.
Lol, and you're paying just about as much attention to what I wrote. As I said, the media has given us plenty of good AND bad, so it's tough to judge either way. We've seen a lot more footage of super fun, happy on the field Brett than we have bad footage. People just choose to focus on the bad. The same way the NBA got stereotyped as a thug league because the bad stories were always at the forefront.

I'm not gonna judge either way. Like I said, he's made poor choices, but has also been a joy to watch, and clearly a lot of players/people like the guy as well. Those that call him a "dirtbag" or scream that he sucks are too blinded by their own hatred to even be listened to.

He's a great, great football player, which is what this thread is supposed to be about. It's not about his character, or lack thereof. Some people just can't figure out how to put personal feelings aside. Heck, should I classify Roethlisberger as a dirtbag? He had his off field issues this year, as well as his less than intelligent decision involving a motorcycle. I think he's a great QB too though... could care less about what he does on his own time.

Either way, is Favre the greatest qb EVER? Probably not, but he's definitely up there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »