Home

Brett Favre

This is a discussion on Brett Favre within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2009, 12:17 PM   #57
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Brett Favre

Favre is playing on the most talented team, maybe since the Packers of the 90's. It doesn't surprise me what he is doing.

Shouldn't the Minnesota d line be serving a four game suspension by now? I wonder what Favres numbers will be if he has to win shootouts cause his d is on the bench.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:54 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I can think of about a dozen QB's who would be doing just as well. Im not trying to take anything away from Favre ,but lets keep things in prospective.
Kindly name them.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:57 PM   #59
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Maybe I should make a separate thread for Aaron Rodgers then. I mean after all, the guy has an awful, AWFUL Offensive Line who can't block for the life of them but yet he is still doing numbers. So imagine what he would do with that same line Brett has.

Basically.
Do it, but it's not nearly as impressive as a 40 year old quarterback having statistically the best season in the NFL with a recieving corp viewed upon as average coming into the year. Seeing your a Packer fan and they all hate Favre now, I'm sure your opinion is biased.
Old 11-24-2009, 05:01 PM   #60
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Dayton
Do it, but it's not nearly as impressive as a 40 year old quarterback having statistically the best season in the NFL with a recieving corp viewed upon as average coming into the year. Seeing your a Packer fan and they all hate Favre now, I'm sure your opinion is biased.
I hate Favre, with a passion, but I still marvel at what the guy's been able to do at this age. If he won the MVP i'd have no problem with it at all. He's put up the kind of numbers that wins a guy that award pretty much every year. He's doing it with receivers that coming in to this year were thought to be awful. He's doing it without Adrian Peterson carrying the team every week. It's very, very impressive to watch. But, like I said earlier, he isn't the MVP until Manning and Brees each lose a game.

Frankly, I can't see why most Packer fans can't both marvel at what he's doing and hate him. I manage it.

I just wonder why he couldn't be this damn efficient when he was a Packer. We might have won Super BowlS.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 11-24-2009, 05:09 PM   #61
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllWitnesses
I hate Favre, with a passion, but I still marvel at what the guy's been able to do at this age. If he won the MVP i'd have no problem with it at all. He's put up the kind of numbers that wins a guy that award pretty much every year. He's doing it with receivers that coming in to this year were thought to be awful. He's doing it without Adrian Peterson carrying the team every week. It's very, very impressive to watch. But, like I said earlier, he isn't the MVP until Manning and Brees each lose a game.

Frankly, I can't see why most Packer fans can't both marvel at what he's doing and hate him. I manage it.

I just wonder why he couldn't be this damn efficient when he was a Packer. We might have won Super BowlS.
Exactly. The having a great defensive line argument somehow impacting his numbers is one of the low points of this thread, lol.

Last edited by Adam Dayton; 11-24-2009 at 05:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2009, 05:27 PM   #62
MVP

bukktown's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I can think of about a dozen QB's who would be doing just as well. Im not trying to take anything away from Favre ,but lets keep things in prospective.
There's really only a handful of great quarterbacks in the league. Favre knows this system so well that even though he has only been on the roster for 3 months his mental speed is really high. I don't think any qb could play as fast as favre can in this system.
Old 11-24-2009, 05:33 PM   #63
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllWitnesses

He hasn't played in a playoff game this year.
Old 11-24-2009, 05:35 PM   #64
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
He hasn't played in a playoff game this year.
Very true.

I guess if he's saving all his bad decisions for the playoffs, i'm fine with it. Lol.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »