Home

It's probably too early to talk about unbeaten regular seasons...

This is a discussion on It's probably too early to talk about unbeaten regular seasons... within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-23-2009, 11:36 AM   #17

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: It's probably too early to talk about unbeaten regular seasons...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
I actually think that could be a pretty good game. The Broncos D should match up well, they just need to do something on O to get points and keep the D rested.
Actually I agree, just poking fun at the ineptitude of my team at this point.

They have a lot to work on to right the ship, but they proved early in the season they can be competitive, they just forgot how after the bye week.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:57 AM   #18
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

I think J-Ville has a shot. Maybe not a good shot, but a shot none-the-less. That's probably homer GIGGAS, but meh. The Jags played them last year in J-Ville and only lost 31-24. Jacksonville is a much better team than they were last year. Plus, Jacksonville played Indy tough in a 14-12 Indy win in the first game of the season.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870

Last edited by The GIGGAS; 11-23-2009 at 11:59 AM.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:28 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
I think J-Ville has a shot. Maybe not a good shot, but a shot none-the-less. That's probably homer GIGGAS, but meh. The Jags played them last year in J-Ville and only lost 31-24. Jacksonville is a much better team than they were last year. Plus, Jacksonville played Indy tough in a 14-12 Indy win in the first game of the season.
Nah I don't think that's a homer post. If I had to put money on a game that we'd lose, it'd be Jacksonville. That game is in week 15. The Jags will be fighting for a Playoff spot, they'll be at home. And it's a primetime game, albeit on NFL Network, but I wouldn't be surprised if the NFL broadcasts that game on local TV as well(just like they did in 07 when the Pats played the Giants late in the year). All of that should make for a good game and possibly an upset.. not to mention the actual matchup itself. A division game. Jags always play us tough. And they have the running game with MJD to control the game, keeping Peyton off the field, and possibly pulling the upset.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 11-23-2009, 02:43 PM   #20
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
It's still an interesting point of discussion.

How many times in NFL history have we had 2 undefeated teams this late into the season?
It is but in the grand scheme of things, it don't mean a damn at this point. At least IMO.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:17 PM   #21
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

I think it's interesting that in a league with such supposed parity we've had so many teams make runs at undefeated seasons or actually do it in the past few years. The league has some BAD teams right now and I can't recall when there were so many bad at the same time. Usually there is that one team each year that blows, but when you have the Raiders, Chiefs, Browns, Lions, and Rams all in the same year...wow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2009, 05:52 PM   #22
Pro

kwpit79's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olson-for-Heisman
It's still an interesting point of discussion.

How many times in NFL history have we had 2 undefeated teams this late into the season?
I'm not sure how often it's happened, but the last time was 1990. Both the Giants (who won that year's Super Bowl) and I believe the 49ers (who they played in the conference title game). They both started 10-0.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:44 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 3

I for one hope they both lose before the Superbowl, as fun of a matchup that would be, it takes some of the fun out of the games prior to that when you get to the point of expecting wins.

the NFL is more fun when any given Sunday you're expecting a dog fight. As fun as it was to go 13 - 3 as a Cowboys fan a few years ago, these past two seasons as frustrating as they have been, are a lot more entertaining leading up into the games because every game seems to matter. That isn't the case when you're rolling wins in left and right.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:45 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 23

I know. No one cares, but having two undefeated teams this late into the season is remarkable.

I have an itch to say that the Saints will run the table, but that requires a ridiculous amount of luck.

Last edited by Chip Douglass; 11-30-2009 at 11:50 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »