Home

OS Poll - 11/23/09

This is a discussion on OS Poll - 11/23/09 within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2009, 02:23 PM   #25
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: OS Poll - 11/23/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
That's hilarious
Whats hilarious is the Colts as the best team after the past two weeks. There is something to be said for finding ways to win ,but they have not looked like the leagues best team.

If the Colts were to face the Saints, Pats, or Vikes in the playoffs as of right Im taking all three over them.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2009, 02:26 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
The Pats were the better team they give that game away. Alot of people feel the same. And the Ravens which isnt that good out played the Colts and barring missed fieldgoals ,a terrible throw by Flacco, and a bad decision by Reed they lose. So thats two games in a row the Colts survived not being the best team on the field.
The Pats were the better team? I'm quite sure they lost that game. You can argue they were better for 3 quarters, but 3 quarters doesn't mean jack when you still have to play the 4th. The Colts dominated the 4th quarter. And yes Belichick made a bad call, but the defense made a good play. They held the Patriots to a 4 and out after getting dominated for the majority of the game. You say the Pats gave the game away, I say the Colts just made the plays when it mattered.

The Ravens aren't good? Really? Have you looked at their schedule? Come on man. I don't know what it takes for you to give credit to the Colts, I know it's hard for you to do that.. but again, let's keep things in perspective. Yes, they missed a FG that could've been the difference in points. But let's not forget that Tom Santi fumbled on the goal line, and dropped a potential TD pass on two separate drives. That's 14 potential points wiped off the board, instead they got 3 total out of those drives. Flacco certainly made a bad throw, but give credit to Brackett. Reed made a moronic play, but I'm not sure they would've gotten in position to win anyways.. there was like 17 seconds left.

Anyway, I don't mind anyone putting the Colts behind the Saints at 2, but putting them at 4th is just asinine and makes your agenda blatantly obvious.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Last edited by z Revis; 11-24-2009 at 04:34 PM.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:30 PM   #27
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Whats hilarious is the Colts as the best team after the past two weeks. There is something to be said for finding ways to win ,but they have not looked like the leagues best team.

If the Colts were to face the Saints, Pats, or Vikes in the playoffs as of right Im taking all three over them.
Yeah the Saints blow out arguably the worst team in the league and we can completely forget they were taken to the limit with... arguably the worse team in the league. If we're not looking at who actually won the games played then the Ravens should be looked at like a 8-2 team... and that throws that "not so good" theory of yours out the window. But they're 5-5 and lost to the Colts, just like the Pats. If we're looking beyond the 10-0 records of the Colts and Saints then what I'd see is the Colts last two wins being against the Ravens and Pats and the Saints being against the Rams and Bucs.

Yes, the entire thought process is hilarious.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:39 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

Quote:
The Saints haven't looked all that impressive since their win against the Giants in early October.

What's interesting is that you're discrediting the Colts for their supposed 'struggles' against good teams.. yet not discrediting the Saints for their 'struggles' against bad teams...

Quote:
Too bad this is a poll for the best teams right now. Never understood why people base their poll of what they think might happen 2 months from now in a poll asking for the best teams right now.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 11-24-2009, 02:45 PM   #29
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
The Pats were the better team? I'm quite sure they lost that game. You can argue they were better for 3 quarters, but 3 quarters doesn't mean jack when you still have to play the 4th. The Colts dominated the 4th quarter. And yes Belichick made a bad call, but the defense made a good play. They held the Patriots to a 4 and out after getting dominated for the majority of the game. You say the Pats gave the game away, I say the Colts just made the plays when it mattered.

The Ravens aren't good? Really? Have you looked at their schedule? Come on man. I don't know what it takes for you to give credit to the Colts, I know it's hard for you to do that.. but again, let's keep things in perspective. Yes, they missed a FG that could've been the difference in points. But let's not forget that Tom Santi fumbled on the goal line, and dropped a potential TD pass on two separate drives. That's 14 potential points wiped off the board, instead they got 3 total out of those drives. Flacco certainly made a bad throw, but give credit to Brackett. Reed made a moronic play, but I'm not sure they would've gotten in position to win anyways.. there was like 17 seconds left.

Anyway, I don't mind anyone putting the Colts behind the Saints at 2, but putting them at 4th and just asinine and makes your agenda blatantly obvious.
What is my agenda?

The bottomline is I think the Pats, Saints, and Vikes would win in the playoffs. So I ranked them higher. There are still 6 games left. We do this poll two weeks from now the colts may be my #1.

Old 11-24-2009, 03:07 PM   #30
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
What is my agenda?

The bottomline is I think the Pats, Saints, and Vikes would win in the playoffs. So I ranked them higher. There are still 6 games left. We do this poll two weeks from now the colts may be my #1.
Considering why you have them ranked #4, this is exactly why your ranking makes no sense.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:17 PM   #31
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Considering why you have them ranked #4, this is exactly why your ranking makes no sense.
Ok and your ranking makes no sense. See how easy that is?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2009, 03:18 PM   #32
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Ok and your ranking makes no sense. See how easy that is?
You know that wwharton hasn't posted one, right?

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »