Home

Mark Sanchez

This is a discussion on Mark Sanchez within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2009, 10:28 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: Mark Sanchez

I shouldn't have eaten that hotdog. That is where all the problems began.
Old 11-26-2009, 10:49 AM   #18
My Head Hurts

jnofx's Arena

OVR: 11

The Jets as a whole have just played worse lately. Sanchez has to get used to a new Number 1 receiver, and I'm thinking not having Jenkins on that D-Line is hurting the entire teams performance.
Old 11-26-2009, 11:11 AM   #19
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

Its funny rhe OP mentiones Ryan, but he's looking very jittery in his plays the past few weeks.

Even Flacco has looked average recently...Gotta give these guys some time, but I definitely agree with the notion that Sanchez probably wasn't ready to start right away.

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 11-26-2009, 11:14 AM   #20
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Supposedly his footwork when throwing to his left is just terrible and 11 of his 16 INTs have been to the left. That's where he continually found Leigh Bodden open last week.

Sounds like it can be corrected, but mechanics aside, his decision making has been pretty bad.
Old 11-26-2009, 12:13 PM   #21
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

I think he'll be fine. He has thrown 16 picks, but 12 of those came in 3 games. In the other 7 games he's thrown 4. He's a rook...when things start going bad, they go bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2009, 12:20 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 12

Tedford QBs haven't produced in the NFL and with Tebow, they may say the same about Urban Meyer QBs.

USC runs a pro offense but they're so loaded with talent that USC QBs may not be used to playing on teams which don't have a big physical and athletic advantage over their opponents.

In college, they had very good or great running games, great protection and WRs who got wide open. In the NFL they have to try to hit much tighter windows, not to mention facing more complex defensive schemes.

Manning, Brady and Brees didn't come from dominant college programs. They did however take some time to adjust to the NFL though.

In fact, this year, the top 10 QBs did not come from top college teams:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/pl...rterbackRating

It's not until number 15 that you get Palmer. He may be the one exception, as he's probably one of the 10 best in the league.
Old 11-26-2009, 12:30 PM   #23
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81
Tedford QBs haven't produced in the NFL and with Tebow, they may say the same about Urban Meyer QBs.

USC runs a pro offense but they're so loaded with talent that USC QBs may not be used to playing on teams which don't have a big physical and athletic advantage over their opponents.

In college, they had very good or great running games, great protection and WRs who got wide open. In the NFL they have to try to hit much tighter windows, not to mention facing more complex defensive schemes.

Manning, Brady and Brees didn't come from dominant college programs. They did however take some time to adjust to the NFL though.

In fact, this year, the top 10 QBs did not come from top college teams:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/pl...rterbackRating

It's not until number 15 that you get Palmer. He may be the one exception, as he's probably one of the 10 best in the league.
W/ the exception of his last year, those USC teams wearn't that good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 11-26-2009, 01:00 PM   #24
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Way too much analysis.. Has nothing to do with the college he went to, or the offense he ran.

Anyone who thought a QB who only played 16 games in college was going to come in to the NFL and not struggle was out of his/her mind.

Rookie QB's almost to a 'T' struggle their first couple of years. Factor in he really didn't play much in college and it's shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

His physical skills are there, that's plain as day, he's athletic and can make any throw, and he seems to have a very good mental makeup. He simply needs to play, and learn the game at the pro level. Only then will we know if he'll ever get it or not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »