Home

Mark Sanchez

This is a discussion on Mark Sanchez within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2011, 05:37 PM   #65
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Mark Sanchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJTurneR
Thats ok, I'm a Lions fan anyway.

Although it wouldn't surprise me if a lot of Lions fans disliked Sanchez because we are Stafford homers. I know I am, although I don't dislike him, I just think he just gets too much credit, especially compared to the rest of the team. That O-line does a great job. That or Detroit's O-line is so bad that anything is better.
That's the way of the qb when he's doing great its all about him , and not the fact his recievers made some crazy catches,because of bad passes or qb didn't get rid of the ball fast enough so the line had to hold blocks longer. that's the way the media potrays it, but the qb knows better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2011, 07:28 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 9

He gets a lot of undeserved credit when they win but he gets the lion's share of the blame when they lose. You should hear some of the talking heads here in NY when things aren't going well. Such is life as a QB in the NFL, especially in the country's biggest media market.

I think he's got something...some kind of spark that I really like. He's tough, he's mobile and has got great pocket awareness. He's wildly inconsistent but I expect that from young QBs. Drives me crazy at times though...kinda like Eli Manning did those first few years. Sanchez has played better in the playoffs in each of his first seasons, no small feat considering he has yet to play a home playoff game.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:48 PM   #67
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
Hmm, the Big Ben & Flacco references aren't too off the mark. Rookie/young QB's who managed the game but were helped mostly by their defenses (and run game).

It's very interesting following all these QB's. Big Ben, Eli Manning, and Phillip Rivers are like elder statesmen to Flacco, Ryan, and Sanchez. It's going to be very fun comparing these 6 QB's when their careers are over with (Oh shoot also throw in Rodgers). Could it be another Montana/Elway/Marino/Young/Kelly/Aikman of the 80's and 90's, today with these younger QB's?
Yeah, I'm really looking forward to watching these new QBs make their marks. Don't forget about Stafford, Bradford and Freeman either.

Quote:
I get what your saying, and I don't disagree. I know every team in the NFL wants to reach the playoffs, but if my team has finished the season with a good winning record, and my QB has been a big part of that success, then I'd still be happy.

I give Sanchez credit, which is hard for me to do because I'm not a full on believer, but I think some people give him far too much credit when he you don't know what your going to get from him. Put him against a scary defense and he will lose you the game or almost lose you it. We've seen it.

I think Flacco and Ryan have been bigger factors in how their teams finished the season. I get a lot of the 'H word' for this, I would rather have Stafford than Sanchez. Not because I'm a homer, but because I think he has the better skill set.

Thats why, if your looking at it from a skill set perspective, Aaron Rodgers is the best QB in the league.

And I also have no idea why Flacco gets so much hate. Same goes for Matt Cassel. Don't fix something that doesn't need fixing.

I still think this is a bad matchup for Sanchez. If any one of those Steelers gets up in is face, I say goodbye Jets.
You're kind of doing the same thing as the people you're complaining about. You're underrating him bc you think some overrate him? The kid's young and makes some young mistakes. Who knows what his ceiling looks like, but considering what his role is on the team he's had a great first two years. I'm not sure your point about Ryan there. I understand if you'd rather have Ryan than Sanchez but they both play their roles well, and Sanchez role has gotten him 4 playoff wins, 2 AFCC games and a shot at the SB this weekend. Ryan has yet to win a playoff game with one more year to take a shot at it. If we're talking about the teams, I don't think any Jets fans are saying they wish they had Ryan right now. Honestly, I still think Ryan is a better QB than Flacco but considering what the Ravens have looked like with Flacco and their post season success, I wouldn't trade them at this point. Despite the recent naysayers, Flacco has been there and won games... not many beat the Steelers in the playoffs.

Speaking of that, if you put any QB in front of a scary defense they will likely struggle. Manning and Brady both just lost to the Jets defense. The reason we call these defenses scary is because more times than not, they disrupt an offense, even if it's a good one.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:13 PM   #68
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Yeah, I'm really looking forward to watching these new QBs make their marks. Don't forget about Stafford, Bradford and Freeman either.
Yup. The amount of QB's, well not just QB's but franchise QB's in the NFL is staggering right now.

AFC-E: Brady, Sanchez. Henne to a much lesser extent. And Fitz played well for BUF.
AFC-N: Big Ben, Flacco. Palmer is a question mark, and McCoy looked good this year.
AFC-S: Manning, Schaub. Garrard is solid, and TEN needs a new option.
AFC-W: Rivers, Cassel. Campbell & Tebow are solid and/or improving.

NFC-E: Vick, Manning, Romo. Who knows what's going on with WSH.
NFC-N: Cutler, Rodgers, Stafford. Webb & Jackson in MIN.
NFC-S: Ryan, Brees, Freeman. Who knows about Clausen or who CAR picks.
NFC-W: Bradford. Everyone else is iffy with Hasselbeck, whoever ARZ plays, and whatever SF goes with.

So only TEN, CAR, WSH, ARZ, SF, and SEA clearly need someone. Everyone else is solid to spectacular. That's nuts. 6 of 32 teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 01-21-2011, 03:15 PM   #69
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
And I also have no idea why Flacco gets so much hate. Same goes for Matt Cassel.
It's an intangibles thing with Cassel. He's solid when the team has the lead because he's in his comfort zone as a game manager. But when the Chiefs fall behind against a solid/good team and more is put on Cassel's shoulders to move the offense, he folds and plays some of his worst football. His best game, from an intangibles standpoint , was against STL when he came back from the appendectomy. If he can display that type of toughness, leadership, and confidence on a game-to-game basis and in adverse situations, you won't see me complaining and that's regardless of what his stats look like. If Cassel can actually find it within himself to thrive instead crumble when the chips are down, he could become good and possibly great QB. But that's one of those traits that a QB has to basically be born with. I'm not sure it can be acquired/learned.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:26 AM   #70
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

i really like sanchez, even though i hate the new york mouths.....sanchez shows so much promise i wish they would let the kid play but i think this is what happens when you have a talented QB but a defensive minded coach......

its all about rex, so sanchez wont get the chance now but like ben and flaco, his time will come when the D loses a big piece and 10 pts wont win you a game.....

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 01-24-2011, 07:42 AM   #71
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Did anybody else catch Sanchez when he wiped the boogie on Brunell during the Steelers first possesion? I was watching the game with a group of my friends and we rewinded it like 10 times.
Sanchez and Brunell were standing together on the sideline and he picked a boogie and wiped it right on Brunell's jacked. Brunell looked down at it and then looked at Sanchez and said "Did you just wipe a booger on me?" it was funny as hell.
Below is the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIMbxPgdXbw

Last edited by jake44np; 01-24-2011 at 07:45 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2011, 08:53 AM   #72
Hall Of Fame

SteelersFreak's Arena

OVR: 19

Sanchez is a smooth operator with his boogers.

On a serious note, I was very impressed with Sanchez against the Steelers this time around. I thought he was going to struggle with Polamalu returning and all the blitzes thrown at him but he showed that he's a big boy quarterback in this league and he made some nice throws when it mattered. He's definitely earned my respect.
NHL: Dallas Stars
NCAA: Alabama Crimson Tide

University of North Texas '14
GO MEAN GREEN!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »