Home

Mark Sanchez

This is a discussion on Mark Sanchez within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2009, 10:42 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 36
Mark Sanchez

I know this guy is a rookie. I know. I know he started off great, but recently he is scaring me. He is the Jets future QB, but I am just curious of what you guys think his future will be? He didn't start like Matt Ryan or Joe Flacco, which is completely understandable. It did seem like he would in the beginning but this obviously isnt the case. I am just wondering whether you thin this guy will be a elite, above-average, decent, or a bad QB in the future?

Let me just tell you two tales of Sanchez. One that scares me and one that makes me smile.

Down 24-7, at the Patriot 30 yard line. Sanchez throws a perfect deep pass, against a pretty bad wind, to Cotchery where only he can get it for a TD. This pass is a pass that Peyton Manning and Brady make. Sanchez can make any throw.

Now here is the bad story. The Jets are at their 10 yard line, and nobody is open. Sanchez is rolling out near the sideline, holding the ball like a loaf of bread, and doesn't decide to throw it away until the last second. But he actually tries to throw it deep to Cotchery and it is easily picked off. A terrible decision for a high school QB, yet alone a pro.

Just wondering what do you guys think? And believe me I know it is way too early, but I'd still like to know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2009, 10:43 PM   #2
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: Mark Sanchez

Coming from a Patriots fan...

He sucks and will always suck.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:57 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

This usually will happen. Rookies or unknown QBs will be able to beat teams early, then the league adjust and learns how to exploit his weaknesses. Now he needs to start adjusting himself to what defenses are doing to him. If he isn't any better by the end of the year, then he could be in trouble.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:39 PM   #4
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

He played 16 games in college and then went to the pros. Flacco and Ryan played a lot more games in college.

Pete Carrol was right. He wasn't ready for the NFL, and probably shouldn't have been thrown in to the fire like he was.

He's got the physical skills, but needs to go through the growing pains.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:41 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
He played 16 games in college and then went to the pros. Flacco and Ryan played a lot more games in college.

Pete Carrol was right. He wasn't ready for the NFL, and probably shouldn't have been thrown in to the fire like he was.

I agree!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2009, 11:50 PM   #6
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83

You basically made my point for me. The thing is, in a market like NYC the patience is going to wear thin. He's going to be another Richard Todd, A guy that came in with some hype but after a couple years he had the weight of the world on his shoulders.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 11-26-2009, 12:02 AM   #7
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
You basically made my point for me. The thing is, in a market like NYC the patience is going to wear thin. He's going to be another Richard Todd, A guy that came in with some hype but after a couple years he had the weight of the world on his shoulders.
Or he can be Eli Manning. I wouldnt panic about Sanchez just yet. We even See Flacco and Ryan still having their growing pains. Sanchez seem like he has the mental toughness to weather through a bumpy year and still be good.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 11-26-2009, 12:05 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

He'll be fine I think, even in his bad games, he's shown lots of flashes, like the example you mentioned. And he seems to have the mental and leadership skills that he needs as well. Just about all his mistakes he's made this year are just signs of a player who needs more experience.

I think it was absolutely the right decision to throw him into the fire though, for 2 reasons:

1. The other option is Kellen Clemens, we didn't have a veteran who was going to win us games this year.

2. This is not a case of a rookie qb going to a terrible team and just getting a complete beating that might ruin them forever. He's got a good line, a good running game, and good receivers. He's in a pretty good situation, and has had some success, he just needs to play more and get experience.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »