Home

Grey Cup 2009

This is a discussion on Grey Cup 2009 within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2009, 10:20 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 9
Grey Cup 2009

Just wishing good luck to the Saskatchewan Roughriders in this year's Grey Cup!

Durant looks very confident but Calvillo and the Alouettes are going to be no easy match. My guess is it's going to be hard fought. Either team could with this easily. Good Luck Riders!!!!

Let's GO Riders!
Let's GO Raptors!
Let's GO Broncos!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2009, 07:29 PM   #2
Video Game Dev

Spear's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Grey Cup 2009

Looks like they bused the whole province of Saskatchewan into Calgary for the game...
Old 11-29-2009, 07:56 PM   #3
MVP

Azamien's Arena

OVR: 10

WTF is going on with the Als? They look nothing like the team I watched all season. Even their punter is playing terribly. It's really sad.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:34 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Thank you for making this thread. It feels lonely sometimes being Canadian and a CFL fan around here lol.

I'm not rooting for either team to win, just look at my avatar, but I'm not gonna lie, I like Durant.

Als are definitely in full on choke mode through the first half. I had to laugh at Damon Duval's 7 yard punt.

Old 11-29-2009, 09:10 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azamien
WTF is going on with the Als? They look nothing like the team I watched all season. Even their punter is playing terribly. It's really sad.
Business as usual. Great regular season, get to the Grey Cup and proceed to choke. Since coming back into the league in 1996, they have appeared in the Grey Cup 6 times (excluding this year) and only won it once. They have lost 4 straight since winning in 2002.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2009, 10:10 PM   #6
MVP

Azamien's Arena

OVR: 10

What a game. What a comeback. What a stupid-*** penalty on the Riders to give Duval a second chance.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:20 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Man what a game. Crazy finish and one of the better Grey Cup games of all time. That's all I wanted was to see a good game like that since the Bombers were out of it.

I thought Duval was going to choke and miss the first FG, which he did, but that too many men on the field penalty cost the Riders the game. When the cameras cut to Paul Lapolice, he probably wanted to jump out of that press box window.

Thank god I'm not a Rider fan right now. I'd feel like someone ripped my heart out, put it back in and ripped it back out just for fun. What a brutal way to lose. At least for them they won the Cup 2 years ago, we haven't won in 19 years...

Also, I wonder who from the Als retires? Calvillo, Cahoon and Chui are the ones off the top of my head that are bordering on retirement. I think Cahoon said he is coming back but that's probably only if Marc Trestman comes back and I'm not so sure he does. He'll more than likely get strong consideration for an NFL head coaching job and deservedly so.

I'm glad the season is finally over because now its time for the Bombers to get their **** together and get ready to try and make a trip to Edmonton next November.

Old 11-29-2009, 11:20 PM   #8
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

This is why the Grey Cup is often times the best game of the football year. I truly feel bad for the Riders. The entire province was getting ready to be drunk for a whole week straight and then THAT happens.

I will say that it's nice to see AC vindicated after being labeled a choke artist throughout his career. If I were him i'd retire tomorrow.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »