Home

Saints VS Vikings

This is a discussion on Saints VS Vikings within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2009, 01:32 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 47
Re: Saints VS Vikings

I am not talking about in the NFC Champ. game I am talking about now. I was just curious what you guys thought. I think the Vikings have just as much weapons as the Saints and I think AD could be the X Factor!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2009, 01:36 PM   #26
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Right now, I agree with Mariucci.(sp?) The only way to beat the Vikings is through the air. That appears to be their only weakness.

I would have to say as good as Brees is playing, I think the Saints would win right now in a shoot out.

And in the playoffs too. Favre gets super jacked(nervous) in the playoffs

Last edited by roadman; 12-01-2009 at 01:42 PM.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:46 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 17

Offense tends to disappear in the playoffs, especially these pass happy teams like the Saints and Colts. How many years has Peyton had like Brees is having this year? And how many years did he win the SB playing that way? He won a SB when the Colts played balanced. People make the argument that NO is a power running team, I don't buy it. Have they REALLY played the top rushing defenses in the NFL? Not really. The Vikings, they will run through you. They're built for playoff football.

The X factor for me though, in this Saints/Vikings debate, something not too many people have mentioned, is coaching. Sean Payton has shown that he's a brilliant offensive mind, in my opinion. He's maximized every bit of offensive talent in NO. Brad Childress on the other hand, is pretty shaky as a head coach, in my opinion. I've never really liked him since he stepped up to the plate in Minny.
Old 12-01-2009, 03:30 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcurtain311
Offense tends to disappear in the playoffs, especially these pass happy teams like the Saints and Colts. How many years has Peyton had like Brees is having this year? And how many years did he win the SB playing that way? He won a SB when the Colts played balanced. People make the argument that NO is a power running team, I don't buy it. Have they REALLY played the top rushing defenses in the NFL? Not really. The Vikings, they will run through you. They're built for playoff football.

The X factor for me though, in this Saints/Vikings debate, something not too many people have mentioned, is coaching. Sean Payton has shown that he's a brilliant offensive mind, in my opinion. He's maximized every bit of offensive talent in NO. Brad Childress on the other hand, is pretty shaky as a head coach, in my opinion. I've never really liked him since he stepped up to the plate in Minny.
How many Playoff games has Sean won? I am not talking about now. If they were to play tomorrow who would win. I still feel like the Vikings are not using AD that much right now, because they want him fresh the playoffs. Which I am happy with.

Brad a great Offensive minded coach too. It is his decision making that I question, but I question Sean's too.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:01 PM   #29
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

I'm on board with those who say it depends on where it's at. Both Domes are insane for the opposition. I am still worried a little about Brad Childress in a big game however. I'm warming up to him and Bevell, but until this season I haven't been impressed with either of them. Childress has yet to win a playoff game and his teams have lost some big ones. The game at home against the Skins in 2007 and the game against the Eagles last season at home still burn me.

Of course, Brett Favre wasn't on any of those teams and he's made Minnesota better for sure.

It would be a great game. I wanted to see Minnesota vs Denver so badly in 1998 and this season I'd love a shot at the Saints.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 12-01-2009, 04:10 PM   #30
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
How many Playoff games has Sean won? I am not talking about now. If they were to play tomorrow who would win. I still feel like the Vikings are not using AD that much right now, because they want him fresh the playoffs. Which I am happy with.

Brad a great Offensive minded coach too. It is his decision making that I question, but I question Sean's too.
Payton has coached the Saints to the NFC Championship game against the Bears and if it wasn't for a few bad breaks they would've won that game.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 12-01-2009, 04:21 PM   #31
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcurtain311
Brilliant move to ignore how well the Saints have run the ball this season because they "haven't played anyone". I also like how you call them pass happy when the number of passes and runs are almost identical. The Saints have played and won against 3 teams in the top 10 for total defense, plus the Panthers who are 11. The Vikings have played the Packers twice who are number 1, the Ravens, and then lost to the Steelers. As far as rushing defenses, the Vikings have beat 1 more team in the top 10 but the Saints have gone against one team in the top 10 and two others who are 11, 12, and 13. So what exactly have the Vikings done that is so much more impressive than what the Saints have done?

att. yards/game yards/rush
NO 350 150.5 4.7

MIN 342 129.2 4.3

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)

Last edited by jmood88; 12-01-2009 at 05:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2009, 05:08 PM   #32
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Brilliant move to ignore how well the Saints have run the ball this season because they "haven't played anyone". I also like how you call them pass happy when the number of passes and runs are almost identical. What impressive defenses have the Vikings played? The Saints have played and won against 3 teams in the top 10 for total defense, plus the Panthers who are 11. The Vikings have played the Packers twice who are number 1, the Ravens, and then lost to the Steelers. As far as rushing defenses, the Vikings have beat 1 more team in the top 10 but the Saints have gone against one team in the top 10 and two others who are 11, 12, and 13. So what exactly have the Vikings done that is so much more impressive than what the Saints have done?

att. yards/game yards/rush
NO 350 150.5 4.7

MIN 342 129.2 4.3
Teams don't typically run the ball well against Minnesota. That d-line is just awesome against it. It's going to (imo) take care of Thomas and Bush without much resistance. Not saying New Orleans doesn't run the ball well, they absolutely do, but Minnesota has the people in the front 7 to stop it. New Orleans is going to have to throw the ball alot to win if they play Minni.

It just so happens that works out, though, because Minni's pass defense is terrible.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »