Home

Saints VS Vikings

This is a discussion on Saints VS Vikings within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2009, 06:18 PM   #41
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Saints VS Vikings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dislimb
I absolutely take the Vikings regardless of where the game is played. I have watched all 32 teams at least 3-4 times this year and I think the Vikings are the best team in the NFL. They have arguably the best run defense in the league to go along with arguably the best pass rush in the league. Add the best running back in the league and the most experienced quarterback in the league (who is playing the best football of his life right now) and you have a recipe for a championship. The Saints are a very good football team and they have impressed me this year, but if I had to bet on it I would say the Vikings are going to win the Super Bowl and to get there they are going to beat the Saints.
I like the way you think! ........... I am biased towards the Vikings obviously but the way that I see it is this: To stop MN, you need to be able to stop the run without safety help. To stop NO, you need to be able to pressure the QB without blitzing......... The Vikings can stop the run with their front 7 and the Saints can defend the pass with their back 7........ So I think it comes down to the Vikings D-Line pass rush vs. the Saints front 7 run stopping ability. And that is no contest.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2009, 06:19 PM   #42

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

The only thing I can give the Vikes over the Saints is AP. I seen what Steven Jackson did and he racked up some serious yards. Of course he's on the Rams so the pass game wasn't really a threat. I know the game was really close but, I just wonder how N.O. would play another superstar running back with a dominant passing offense.

The Saints secondary is a different kind of beast though and New England's offensive passing game wasn't no push over even though the Saints made it seem like that yesterday. I would love to see how this game would unfold but, I think Farve would get shut down and Adrian Peterson aka fumbles all day would get caught slippin. I'm not saying it wouldn't be close but, I think there would be a good chance N.O. runs away in that game.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:20 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

Home team. But Farve has done some crazy **** in his career. Don't count him out.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:32 PM   #44
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Sure but the way he is playing now that is all I am basing it off of. If he chokes and does that old crap then yes I will say he cost them. But the fact is he is having his best season ever in the INT world. So I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt!
It's a new season when the playoffs start. Favre get's overly jacked up, you'll see.
We have history to go on, not just one season.

Also, Favre won the SB in New Orleans, so, yes, he can win in domes. Take him away from his playoff element dome and let's see what happens.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:58 PM   #45
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

I'd say the Vikes mainly because they have the kind of guys on their roster who will break you physically & emotionally. Allen, Peterson, Williams Bros, Favre... these guys are gamers in that they have the "killer instinct" to put someone away. The Saints use a lot of finesse, smarts & efficiency which is great until you run into someone who shoves you around. Think of it like the Colts vs Pats of the early 00's: the Colts had an out-worldly offense but when push came to shove, the Pats shoved them into the dirt.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2009, 07:28 PM   #46
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
I'd say the Vikes mainly because they have the kind of guys on their roster who will break you physically & emotionally. Allen, Peterson, Williams Bros, Favre... these guys are gamers in that they have the "killer instinct" to put someone away. The Saints use a lot of finesse, smarts & efficiency which is great until you run into someone who shoves you around. Think of it like the Colts vs Pats of the early 00's: the Colts had an out-worldly offense but when push came to shove, the Pats shoved them into the dirt.
Just like when you predicted that teams figured out the Saints in the Monday Night game thread, you have no idea what you're talking about. How does a "finesse" team average 150 rushing yards a game? And you want to talk about putting teams away, the Saints have outscored opponents 202-64 in the second half and have only allowed 24 points in the 4th quarter all year. I don't know what team you think you're talking about but it's not the 2009 Saints.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)

Last edited by jmood88; 12-01-2009 at 07:30 PM.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:32 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 47

Jmood, the Vikings would kill the Saints. How do I know this? Because I am Vikings Fan! Just like you are a Saints fan. I think we might just be a little bit bias. I really just wanted to see what other people said. Not fans of the Saints or Vikings or Packers fans for obvious reason
Old 12-01-2009, 07:33 PM   #48
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

I don't have a problem with people saying that the Vikings would win but there are a couple people talking about the Saints when they have no idea what they're talking about.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »