Home

Saints VS Vikings

This is a discussion on Saints VS Vikings within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2009, 12:37 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 47
Saints VS Vikings

Who wins and why? I have no idea about this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2009, 12:46 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Saints VS Vikings

It depends where the game is played. lol. Assuming it's in the Super Dome, then Saints. More balanced offensive attack, at home, and with a great D that can turn the ball over and score with it.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 12-01-2009, 12:48 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 3

Is this even on the regular season schedule? A whole load could happen before these two teams even get to consider playing each other.

Hypothetically I think it's a game that Minnesota can win because they have a tremendous running game to keep the ball out of Brees hands. Probably the only reason the Saints have even been close to losing is because they overcame teams had good ground games.

"IF" it became a shootout, both teams have big play WR to keep up with each other. Where Minnesota rules on the defensive side with their line, New Orleans is just as good in their secondary.

Across the board these teams matchup very well, and I'm guessing that it's going to come down to who is playing on their home field to determine who will have the ultimate advantage. How rare is it to be a Viking fan, and have a chance to go 15 & 1 and not have homefield?

Once again I however think with this much season it's far premature to be annointing the NFC championship game already. But hell, it'd might make for good discussion.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:52 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 47

I am just saying if they were to meet right now. I think both teams are mirror image of each other. And Brees and Favre are about as even as 2 QB could be right now.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:57 AM   #5
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Saints...First time I watched them all season. How on earth do you defend them? Jared Allen can be chipped, but they have tall, fast WRs (and from what I saw tonight) with good/great hands. Not a lot of drops, oh and they can pound you with Mike Bell and Reggie didn't even play, so NE didn't even have to worry about the match-up problems he presents in space.

We all know that Farve in the play-offs trailing late in ball game become careless with the football. I think it will be a great game, but I don't see enough of a reason to doubt NO.

That said I think that Percy Harvins speed is an X-factor. Welker almost took a kick back, imagine that on every special teams play for the Vikes. It's gonna be a good game if both team take care of business.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:

Last edited by N51_rob; 12-01-2009 at 01:11 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2009, 01:09 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 31

Would be a good game, but I give the edge to New Orleans.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:11 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 23

99% sure this will be the NFC Championship game.

With that said, no one is beating NO @ home.

Old 12-01-2009, 01:26 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Saints...First time I watched them all season. How on earth do you defend them? Jared Allen can be chipped, but they have tall, fast WRs (and from what I saw tonight) with good/great hands. Not a lot of drops, oh and they can pound you with Mike Bell and Reggie didn't even play, so NE didn't even have to worry about the match-up problems he presents in space.

We all know that Farve in the play-offs trailing late in ball game become careless with the football. I think it will be a great game, but I don't see enough of a reason to doubt NO.

That said I think that Percy Harvins speed is an X-factor. Welker almost took a kick back, imagine that on every special teams play for the Vikes. It's gonna be a good game if both team take care of business.
you can just chip jarod allen? ha you think NFL coaches aren't prepared for something like that??

Now don't get me wrong I like Drew Brees (Big Ten alumni) but the fact is that the Vikes d-line would toss Brees around unlike any other team he's faced and their running game won't get a chance to develop either. Farve won't make those throws that Brady missed on tonight and that's without even mention Purple Jesus in the backfield. Game over any dome you wanna play in....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »