Home

Week 13: Saints @ Redskins

This is a discussion on Week 13: Saints @ Redskins within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2009, 08:29 PM   #9
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Week 13: Saints @ Redskins

Is there a mercy rule in the NFL? They may need one.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:30 AM   #10
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

I simply don't see the Redskins winning this one. They dont' have the stability on defense to keep the Saint's O in check nor do they have the explosiveness on offense to keep up with the score. But that's why they play the game....
Old 12-02-2009, 01:41 PM   #11
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

I have a feeling Greg Williams will be blitzing a lot this week (even more than normal) trying to stick it to his old friend Danny Boy.

Even on a short week after a huge emotional win the Saints should roll my Skins.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2009, 04:35 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

The number one Pass Defense takes on the number four Pass Offense. One > Four. The odds there are in our favor. Our problem is injuries. We were missing 7 pro bowlers last week, 4-5 who have been out all year and will stay out. We are also missing half our back ups. The Redskins are cursed this season.

Anyways, this isn't the healthy team we had last year, so we won't win like we did. i can see us pulling off the win just because our defense is so good and our offense has shown life the past few weeks, minus the Cowboys game and the drive after the INT last week. I say Saints still win 24-17.

― Plato
Old 12-02-2009, 04:49 PM   #13
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
The number one Pass Defense takes on the number four Pass Offense. One > Four. The odds there are in our favor. Our problem is injuries. We were missing 7 pro bowlers last week, 4-5 who have been out all year and will stay out. We are also missing half our back ups. The Redskins are cursed this season.

Anyways, this isn't the healthy team we had last year, so we won't win like we did. i can see us pulling off the win just because our defense is so good and our offense has shown life the past few weeks, minus the Cowboys game and the drive after the INT last week. I say Saints still win 24-17.
You forgot to compare the rankings for the skins pass offense vs saints pass d, rushing offense of both vs rushing d of both, return game, etc. LOL, you and I both know you wouldn't go to Vegas on just one side of the pass comparison.

I don't think it's out of the question the Skins win this game... I think it'll at least be close, but the reasons are the game is in DC (weather's gonna suck too), Saints are coming off a big win and the Skins are still fighting for respectability. In other words, there's nothing substantial (including the pass stats bc part of the Skins ranking comes from playing bad teams and teams having more running success than they should against that D).

On another note, I wish I could get tickets to this game. I'd even wear my Sean Taylor jersey.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:04 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I'm just saying it will be close because the Skins have played everybody close and our Pass Offense is number one and should slow their passing game.

Our run defense is not so great. Probably in the top 25. But I think e'll pressure Brees and our coverage will play good enough to keep them controllable. The results of the game will lie on our offense like it has every game this year. If they play their best, a win is in the picture. If they play like they have most the year, then a win is out of the picture.

― Plato
Old 12-02-2009, 05:08 PM   #15
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

Is Albert Haynesworth playing in this one? That alone will dramatically alter the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2009, 05:17 PM   #16
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I'm just saying it will be close because the Skins have played everybody close and our Pass Offense is number one and should slow their passing game.

Our run defense is not so great. Probably in the top 25. But I think e'll pressure Brees and our coverage will play good enough to keep them controllable. The results of the game will lie on our offense like it has every game this year. If they play their best, a win is in the picture. If they play like they have most the year, then a win is out of the picture.
The Redskins must have an amazing defense if you think that they can cover all of Drew's targets plus take away the run, since that is what it would take to stop the offense. The Redskins will have a chance if they get a couple interceptions, otherwise it's going to be pretty hard for them to do anything. Blitzing isn't the answer since that just leaves someone open and Drew is great at throwing at the blitz.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »