Home

Baltimore could be dangerous if they make the playoffs

This is a discussion on Baltimore could be dangerous if they make the playoffs within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2009, 11:06 AM   #1
Banned

Freelance's Arena

OVR: 21
Baltimore could be dangerous if they make the playoffs

The Ravens are 6-5, so why would I pick them out as particularly notable at this time of the season?

Baltimore has played the toughest schedule in the league, bar none. On the flip side, most of the division leaders have very few quality wins on their schedule. Had the Ravens had an easier schedule, they would no doubt be more in the "elite" discussions.

Baltimore has played Cincinnati twice, New England, Minnesota, San Diego, Indianapolis, Pittsburgh, and Denver. They still have Green Bay and Pittsburgh on their remaining schedule.

The Ravens' five losses came by a total of 23 points. They pounded Denver and beat San Diego. They losts to the Colts and the Vikings by 2 points in each game.

If they can squeeze into the playoffs, no one will want them. They'll be the most battle-tested team in the playoffs, certainly in the AFC.

Last edited by Freelance; 12-04-2009 at 11:37 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2009, 11:10 AM   #2
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Baltimore could be dangerous if they make the playoffs

No question, they are a very tough 6-5 team.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:20 AM   #3
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Didn't play ATL but you can replace them with GB who the Ravens play this week (and still have another game @ PIT).

Schedule is actually even worse than that:

- played @ SD
- played DEN coming off a bye
- played @ CIN coming off a bye
- played @ CLE coming off a bye (I know it's CLE but still)
- played @ NE
- played @ MIN
- playing @ GB with them getting 10 days rest

I thought the bye week being switched to week 2 last year was crazy.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:37 AM   #4
Banned

Freelance's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Didn't play ATL
Oops, I was thinking of New England. Fixed.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:36 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

They're definitely a good team. However, I don't really see them as a dangerous team come Playoff time. Yes, they've played a tough schedule, but they've also lost all of those games except SD and Pitt(without Troy P or Big Ben). I think great teams would be able to win a lot of those games. Not saying all of them, but at least more of them than Baltimore has won. If the Colts played them, not to sound cocky or anything, I wouldn't really be worried about them. My opinion is probably skewed though, seeing as how the Baltimore hasn't beat Indy in 8 years. But it is the Playoffs, and quite honestly any team is dangerous in January.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2009, 01:01 PM   #6
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
They're definitely a good team. However, I don't really see them as a dangerous team come Playoff time. Yes, they've played a tough schedule, but they've also lost all of those games except SD and Pitt(without Troy P or Big Ben). I think great teams would be able to win a lot of those games. Not saying all of them, but at least more of them than Baltimore has won. If the Colts played them, not to sound cocky or anything, I wouldn't really be worried about them. My opinion is probably skewed though, seeing as how the Baltimore hasn't beat Indy in 8 years. But it is the Playoffs, and quite honestly any team is dangerous in January.

You said great teams would win a lot of those. They are not a great team, but are a dangerous team. They have shown they are a hard team to beat by all the close games against very good teams. Those games are only one play away from going the other direction.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:42 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 19

They are a weird team in that they haven't been clicking much this year (alot of mediocre football), but when they do they really look like an elite team. Ravens really need that late season peak to do anythign in the playoffs, and it has to start on Monday. If Flacco recovers from his injury and start playing better while the defense continues to improve, then it should be really interesting.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:45 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
Peyton played us before Webb was unleashed! Ladarius Webb is so awesome that itunes pays HIM a dollar everytime he listens to a song.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »