Home

Week 13 SNF : Vikings @ Cardinals

This is a discussion on Week 13 SNF : Vikings @ Cardinals within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2009, 06:16 PM   #97
Banned

OVR: 47
Re: Week 13 SNF : Vikings @ Cardinals

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
Haha. Well no they haven't played the Steelers. I can thank the schedule makers for that one(although they haven't exactly looked like SB Champs the last month or so).
You played them in week 3 I rest my case. Play them now! Any way I think the Colts are one of the best teams in the league. Manning gets it done!
Old 12-07-2009, 06:19 PM   #98
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
You played them in week 3 I rest my case. Play them now! Any way I think the Colts are one of the best teams in the league. Manning gets it done!
lol. I can't argue with that. They look like a different team now.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 12-07-2009, 06:19 PM   #99
Banned

It is all good it is football any body can beat any body. If the Vikings won big last night, it still wouldn't mean anything. It is what you do in the playoffs that matter too me! So I hope they can get healthy and get AD going. I still feel like they are saving him for the playoffs. He is only getting so many carries. Unless they are worried about his fumble problem.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:20 PM   #100
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
lol. I can't argue with that. They look like a different team now.
The Cards are a yo yo team. You just never know. If the D plays like that they can beat anyone, but that is a big question mark! Though I Boldin I hope the Vikes can get him so how!
Old 12-07-2009, 06:33 PM   #101
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
I disagree with this. I truly think the Saints are the best. And yes, I think you are right about being 8-4, but you can say that about any team. The colts should have about 5 loses, but in the 4th Manning is unpstoppable. And the same can be said about the Saints, they can have about 4 loses too, but they keep coming back. Every body keeps talking about the Ravens and 49er game. Not realizing the Vikings were a head in that game for most of it (Ravens one). Except the 49ers they took it too us in the 2nd quarter. The rest of the game was pretty even.
I'm not basing who I think is the best off of record, I was just pointing out that the Vikes could very well of had two additional losses if things didn't really, really, really go in their favor at the very end.

The reason I think the Vikings are the best is I like their offense more than I like NO's. It's built better for the playoffs. They can pound it at you all game long with Peterson/Taylor, while NO's running game isn't terrible or anything, I don't see it taking over games. With Minny, they can dominate a game offensively numerous ways, with Harvin, Rice, Favre, Peterson, etc..

I don't know where I'd have them now though, I really think losing EJ is a big deal to them. It could hurt their defense in a bad way.

Quote:
I'd trade Arians for Whiz in a heartbeat.
Tell me about it. There was a guy who had a GAMEPLAN every week. He knew exactly what he was going to do on offense to beat the other team. He knew how to get the most out of his WR's and running game. He knew balance. Bruce Arians knows none of these things. I don't even know if he has an actual gameplan going in every week, it sure doesn't seem like it on the field. You have a RB who puts up 100 yards every week, averaging 5 YPC all season, yet you're coming out in shotgun sets all game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2009, 06:43 PM   #102
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
The Cards are a yo yo team. You just never know. If the D plays like that they can beat anyone, but that is a big question mark! Though I Boldin I hope the Vikes can get him so how!
Yeah I've said this about the Cardinals a few times. They're inconsistent at times. It wouldn't surprise me if they go out and lay an egg against the 49ers next week. It's like, when they're "on" they look like the 07 Patriots(minus the Super Bowl lol) and can beat anyone, but when they're "off" they look horrible. That's part of the problem and what separates them from the great teams in the NFL. Great teams can beat anyone, play consistent, and can win games even if they're having an "off day". Yeah they went to the Super Bowl last year, but they were also 9-7 last year in the regular season. They got hot in the Playoffs.

That said, they have looked pretty good the past few weeks. Let's see if they can keep it up throughout the next 4 weeks.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 12-07-2009, 08:43 PM   #103
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcurtain311

Tell me about it. There was a guy who had a GAMEPLAN every week. He knew exactly what he was going to do on offense to beat the other team. He knew how to get the most out of his WR's and running game. He knew balance. Bruce Arians knows none of these things. I don't even know if he has an actual gameplan going in every week, it sure doesn't seem like it on the field. You have a RB who puts up 100 yards every week, averaging 5 YPC all season, yet you're coming out in shotgun sets all game.
He's more concerned with being Ben's BFF than being an OC.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »