Home

Raiders @ Steelers

This is a discussion on Raiders @ Steelers within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2009, 05:09 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: Raiders @ Steelers

No dude, Arians didn't throw into coverage......Ben did. He had two guys open on that play and totally missed them. He does this often. Ben is just as big a ****** as Bruce Arians. That's just the truth.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2009, 05:12 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb2124
Interesting. I think I'd know what I meant when I said it since...oh, I don't know...I was the one who actually typed it it, but to each their own. I'll be the first to admit that things get misconstrued on the internet, but if you don't want to believe it, that's fine with me. Doesn't affect me one way or another man.

This is what I mean about OS (and I don't mean to point you out in this instance, but so be it). Too much crap where everyone thinks they know everyone else so much better than they do and/or what other people are trying to get across in the written word. If people cared about their everyday lives and job as much as they cared about OS and debating/arguing/telling someone what they think, maybe more people would be successful? ***Jumps off random OT soapbox***
Pretty ironic considering you are attempting to explain how what you meant in your post was completely different than how it was posted instead of admitting you flat out contradicted yourself....seems like you are the one trying to win an argument.

Unfortunately, history is not on your side. Here is your initial statement-

"I think the only playoff team coming out of the NFC North should be the Bengals. The Steelers, Ravens, and Browns don't deserve it."

Here is your explanation of your statement-

'When I made that post, I said I thought the Bengals were the only team that would make the playoffs out of the North."

Case Closed.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:28 PM   #67
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
No dude, Arians didn't throw into coverage......Ben did. He had two guys open on that play and totally missed them. He does this often. Ben is just as big a ****** as Bruce Arians. That's just the truth.
He was looking for an open man and couldn't find one. Considering the guy completes passes to 5-6 different receivers every week, I wouldn't question his vision. He sees the field okay. That Red Zone pick just made me think of past plays where Ben is trying to make a throw to a spot that isn't there, because that's the play.

Then you see that TD to Santonio, he puts the ball right on the money where it should be. Why in the world don't they throw to spots like that more often? They don't give Ben enough chances to put the ball only where his WR can get it. And it seems like most of the time he does, they just drop it or blow the play somehow anyways. I was so happy to see that TD, because it made me remember how talented this offense actually is, but how poorly they execute. And that, is on coaching. They play like they have no idea what the gameplan is every week.
Old 12-06-2009, 06:27 PM   #68
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Dayton
Pretty ironic considering you are attempting to explain how what you meant in your post was completely different than how it was posted instead of admitting you flat out contradicted yourself....seems like you are the one trying to win an argument.

Unfortunately, history is not on your side. Here is your initial statement-

"I think the only playoff team coming out of the NFC North should be the Bengals. The Steelers, Ravens, and Browns don't deserve it."

Here is your explanation of your statement-

'When I made that post, I said I thought the Bengals were the only team that would make the playoffs out of the North."

Case Closed.
Yawn... Keep trying with the semantics kid..and I'll make sure to pick my words VERY carefully and very SLOWLY when typing on here because the overall OS IQ has officially gone ******** (EDIT and clarification for the general community: This is not to say that one Adam Dayton is ******** or not ******** or does or does not have a low IQ, but to say that the overall quality of posts, common sense, interpretation, reasoning ability and many other factors, has decreased on OS in general - especially in the NFL forum. If you think this comment applies to you, it might....or might not....you decide because I probably already have).

Now, I think the person speaking and thinking would know what they were saying or trying to say. You wouldn't be the first or last person to misinterpret something on the internet (and I certainly could have illustrated my statements in the first post better). If I needed to win arguments or wanted to do so, I certainly wouldn't do so on an NFL forum where the entire argument is pointless and provides me with little to no substance (nor would I do so with people I don't know and don't care about). You'd likely find me debating about politics, finances or something that actually matters in life with family, friends etc...

Now onto what matters most....real life. I don't know how or why some of you guys stay on this site for entire days! Go out and touch a boob or something!

Last edited by mjb2124; 12-06-2009 at 06:35 PM.
Old 12-06-2009, 06:54 PM   #69
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb2124
Yawn... Keep trying with the semantics kid..and I'll make sure to pick my words VERY carefully and very SLOWLY when typing on here because the overall OS IQ has officially gone ******** (EDIT and clarification for the general community: This is not to say that one Adam Dayton is ******** or not ******** or does or does not have a low IQ, but to say that the overall quality of posts, common sense, interpretation, reasoning ability and many other factors, has decreased on OS in general - especially in the NFL forum. If you think this comment applies to you, it might....or might not....you decide because I probably already have).

Now, I think the person speaking and thinking would know what they were saying or trying to say. You wouldn't be the first or last person to misinterpret something on the internet (and I certainly could have illustrated my statements in the first post better). If I needed to win arguments or wanted to do so, I certainly wouldn't do so on an NFL forum where the entire argument is pointless and provides me with little to no substance (nor would I do so with people I don't know and don't care about). You'd likely find me debating about politics, finances or something that actually matters in life with family, friends etc...

Now onto what matters most....real life. I don't know how or why some of you guys stay on this site for entire days! Go out and touch a boob or something!
Now you're borderline personal attacking me by implying I'm ********? Wow. What I quoted obviously shows your real intentions and I find it absolutely pathetic you act like you meant something else. Anyone with a right mind can see you are lying. I love how you keep acting like you are above online confrontations when meanwhile you post multi paragraph responses to my statements.

Last edited by Adam Dayton; 12-06-2009 at 06:59 PM.
Old 12-06-2009, 07:02 PM   #70
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Pretty shocking game for the Steelers. It's going to be interesting to see how the year finishes up and how this team responds. This is the first time Tomlin has to really prove his chops in taking care of a team going in a nosedive.

Not sure if the Steelers will make the playoffs but if they do they'll be a one and done team the way they're playing right now.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 12-06-2009, 07:05 PM   #71
MVP

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcurtain311

Off season needs to be: Fire Arians. Draft DB's or offensive line if it's available.

I honestly think DB's are the greater need at this point. The offensive line can at least hold their own. They're not great, but they play good sometimes. They play bad sometimes too. All in all, they haven't had a terrible season like they did last year.

Arians absolutely must go, though. Which probably won't happen, because Ben claims to love him.
I think CB is a bigger need. Look at the offensive line play this year. The running game issues of the last couple years are proving to be because of FWP and while they are not great in pass protection, Ben usually has plenty of time.

Without Polamalu the secondary is average at best. William Gay gets abused every week.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2009, 07:24 PM   #72
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

Ariens won't go and you're fooling yourself if you think he will.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »